Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Relegation Battle

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    873 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    I thoroughly enjoyed that rant, even if most of it was really difficult to read, and understand, in places.

As a result, I think we can all officially declare Shamrock Rovers part of the relegation battle.
    Fixed up a bit Nigel - i'm sure you got the general gist

2. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    217 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marty View Post
    Well if your that close your only an hour from Waterford....just in case Cobh decide to spoil the party.

Galway and Harps with either Sligo/Frogs to join them.
    I've bits of business in all Munster counties bar Tipperary. Ideally my trips to Déise will coincide with Premier Division visits of Cork, Dundalk, Shamrock, Derry or Limerick.
    https://foot.ie/forums/117-Kerry-FC
    A Championship: 4 years - 8 first teams - 0 financially ruined. First Division '14: 7 first teams.
    Opportunity lost for new clubs/regions to join the LoI family.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts
    It's going to be a mad second half of the season, teams pushing the boat out to avoid relegation (always works in the LOI).

Of the 6 teams down there, they'll all equally fancy their chances of staying up as well as fearing the drop.

Bohs - obviously being the highest placed at half way point they'll be feeling a bit more confident than the rest. They're not scoring alot of goals though so that will be a worry for them
    Harps - 3 positive results leading up to the break beating Pats and Limerick before drawing with Sligo away. Scored the most goals of the bottom 6 so far but also conceeded the most which is a worry. If we lose O'Connor back to Dundalk it'll be a huge blow to us.
    Drogs - everyone seems to have written them off but they're still picking up points. They've scored the least goals in the league but are still currently 4th from bottom.
    Sligo - not losing as many games as everyone else and if they can turn some of those draws into wins they'll soon move up the table.
    Pats - bound to be worried. In uncharted territory and it'll be a big test for Bucko and his players who won't have been in this situation many times in their career.
    Galway - a real lack of goals. They've drawn half of their games this season. If they can get in a goalscorer they could move up the table as they've the best defensive record of the bottom 6.

If I was calling it now, I'd say Pats, Galway and Drogs with Harps only just staying up. Think Bohs and Sligo will be fine.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts
    On a side note. In Kevin Keegan fashion, I'd LOVE IT, if the 3 clubs who go down were 3 of the clubs who voted for a 10 team league.

6. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    Of the 6 teams supposedly in danger, my guess to drop would be drogs, Harps & pats.
    From a purely selfish point of view, if it was boez,sligo & pats, well that would make me smile no end..

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts
    I think I went with Harps, Drogs and Bohs for the drop at the start of the season but from what I'm seeing so far I'd be inclined to swap Bohs for Galway

Transfer window and a few quid thrown at signings will save Pats, Sligo and Bohs - none of those clubs can afford the risk to sink into the First Division
    The Leinster Senior League needs a strong Bohemians

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    Was talking to one of the stewards at the rovers pats game and I asked him who he'd like to see go down. I kind of expected him to say bohs and pats and suggested he'd have a lot less hassle in general if they went down but he said no the bigger the away support the more money the club gets. Money does really talk after all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    Actually on that note we've brought 900 to the last two matches in dalymount so as we are officially part of the relegation battle now (thanks Nigel ) the bozos must be hoping we stay up. Two matches next season (I assume) in dalymount is worth about 40k for them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts
    I think Drogs are worst team in the league and will go down. It's hardly a good sign that Pete Mahon feel out with Gareth McCaffrey.
    Like most people I assumed Harps would definitely end up in the bottom 3, their run of defeats when they dropped to last seemed to suggest they were doomed but then they pulled out back to back wins before the break. Still think they won't have enough to stay up.
    From the rest Pat's/Sligo/Galway/Bohs it really could be any. I was confident about our chances all season but 3 defeats on the trot have me worried, very worried. We just aren't scoring enough goals. Aside from that we look pretty decent though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JC_GUFC View Post
    Pete Mahon feel out with Gareth McCaffrey.
    Those workplace romances rarely end well!

13. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts
    I'm afraid to post anything until the end of the transfer window...It could make all the difference especially looking at Sligo and Pats. If Harps can have a bit more luck on the injury front in this half were in with a great chance

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts
    After last night we look favourites to go down. Serious turnaround needed, and soon, or we're doomed.
    Out for a spell, got neglected, lay on the bench unselected.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    217 Posts
    Any team outside the top 5 aren't safe going by the current table. The top 4 from last season were never going to be caught up in trouble. Bray are surprisingly in the top 4, deservedly so, and look safe as well. It'll be interesting to see how they get on against Shamrock Rovers and Derry over the second half of the season in chase of the European spots.
    A Championship: 4 years - 8 first teams - 0 financially ruined. First Division '14: 7 first teams.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    873 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by legendz View Post
    Any team outside the top 5 aren't safe going by the current table. The top 4 from last season were never going to be caught up in trouble. Bray are surprisingly in the top 4, deservedly so, and look safe as well. It'll be interesting to see how they get on against Shamrock Rovers and Derry over the second half of the season in chase of the European spots.
    Not that surprising the way Kenny turned them around last season and the signings they made. I think they have the messure of Rovers but Derry will be hot on the heels of 2nds spot. Now that the European Draws are done if Derry and Dundalk go out in their respective rounds Dundalk will kick on in second. Dundalk get past Rosenborg and we could cough of a second spot - as long as we stay in a European spot for next season id take that obviously. Bary could capatilise on a few games that Rovers should have. For all bar Cork fans it is a pity they are so far ahead as these games would mix the league up nicely.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    If Bray have the measure of us they were very generous when they came to Tallaght to put in the worst performance I've seen from any team this season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    217 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    Not that surprising the way Kenny turned them around last season and the signings they made. I think they have the messure of Rovers but Derry will be hot on the heels of 2nds spot. Now that the European Draws are done if Derry and Dundalk go out in their respective rounds Dundalk will kick on in second. Dundalk get past Rosenborg and we could cough of a second spot - as long as we stay in a European spot for next season id take that obviously. Bary could capatilise on a few games that Rovers should have. For all bar Cork fans it is a pity they are so far ahead as these games would mix the league up nicely.
    I'm interested in seeing how Cork balance European and domestic games this year. Their domestic form suffered during their European adventure last year.

I'd be shocked to see Dundalk finish below second, regardless of how long or short their European campaign is.

I hadn't been following Bray's progress. What signings did they make?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Bray have the irn bru cup remember, unless they play the reserves in that and risk annoying the FAI and SFA that will take its toll because they could go far in that

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123