Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Home versus Bray

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    999 Posts

Home versus Bray

Great to get the win, badly needed. Thought Hery did well again, Ogbene really looking like a decent player up front, the opposition eventually just resort to flattening him.

Thought the 3-5-2 was interesting, but it reverted to a back 4 fairly regularly. Davy O'Connor was ok, but Whitehead was dodgy. Thought Dean Clarke did well when he came on, nice to see him in decent form.

Second half we were under pressure and had no way to relieve it, we just thumped possession away too easily, as there was a huge gap between Ogbene/Tosi and the rest. We could have lost it as easily as won it.

Shame Robson had to come off injured in his last game, but thought Tracy did well enough when he came on.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Looks like thomas could be on his way home early.had a scan today waiting on result but looks as if he could be out for a few weeks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    In-depth analysis of a barmy game here.

And you can listen back to Limerick Soccer Live's broadcast of same here.

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    The three subs forced trough injury hurt us a bit. You could see Tosi was tired and if we could have got Mulhall on for him it would have helped a bit better to relieve the pressure.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Thanks again for your analysis, always a good read and covers all aspects of the game. However on this occasion I disagree with your damnation of the 3-5-2 formation. I think while it is currently flawed because we will need 2 very good centre halves and a natural no. 6 to make it more competitive I think last brought out the best of our midfield and strikers. It was only one game with this formation which takes time to gel but it allowed our front 5 to express themselves like we haven't seen this season. Lynch/Hery middle was brilliant last night as was the Tosi /Ogbene combo. O Connor was overall good in an unfamiliar role. With the right players in the coming weeks I think this new formation will bring results.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Completely agree that it brought the best from both Tosi and Ogbene, the former of which has been crying out for a partner that complements him -- and compensates for his deficiencies -- all season.

But, I maintain that it is very difficult to make a back three work at this level, with players unaccustomed to it, and relatively immobile central defenders.

Would be difficult to recruit two centre backs that can play in those outside berths comfortably.

But, hey, time will tell. Almost anything is possible in football.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Interesting times ahead. McDonald's recruits will see if he can mould this team into a successful formation. I'm hopeful that he can as I think it's very exciting. Wenger has used it well recently and don't think I'm comparing teams but it could be successful.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Mad mad game. One of those for most fans where all analysis and talk of tactics and performances are almost insignificant (not a knock on Alan) obviously there are things to be looked at but there are times when they can just be forgotten a bit and great moments like the scenes for the last 2 goals can be enjoyed.

Madness to write off 3-5-2 for good after one game though tbf yes we were very poor defensively at times but its not like that's a new thing and we had been solid as a rock previously in other systems just look at the goals against Harps for example. As Jofspring has said too switching to a new system was made harder by being forced into subs because of injury. While Freddy going off obviously didn't do anything to the system losing the two wing backs which is a key part of the plan in such a system made things a lot harder. With McDonald stating he wants to play 2 up top I would actually be all for trying to make 3-5-2 work as 4-4-2 takes Lee J Lynch out of where he is most dangerous and he is the one we should be building around imo really only between himself and Robbie for who has been our best player this season so far. In saying that with our current options I would be very worried sending them out against someone like a Cork with 3 at the back especially the 3 that played lastnight unless massive work was done on it in training and if Alan is just talking about it with current players in his piece then I hold my hands up I've take it up wrong.

Some great play going forward for us which was pleasing even if it was helped by a poor Bray defence one or two of our goals were lovely to watch. Delighted to see Dean Clarke get one too and of course his assist after coming on really hoping that will take a weight off his shoulders now and give his confidence a boost so that we can get the old Dean back. Say we do get a holding mid in July who do people have in front of/next to him now obviously Lee J but Duggan or Bastien? Hopefully now getting that win just before the break will send the lads away in great form and they come back buzzing. Kind of wish we had an easier game to come back to though.
    Last edited by bluewhitearmy; 03/06/2017 at 8:00 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    Dunno did anyone see the former CEO of Limerick John O'Sullivans' piece in the 42 last week. His article went on about how the league of Ireland could learn a lot from the circus. not a bad article but tbh I couldn't see many following the lines of the circus.
    But this is where Limerick FC are ahead of the curve. The half time circus I witnessed last night was.....breath taking.
    in one half of the pitch....Bray warmed up in the other half, there was a kids match played by Ennis town (yes you'd seen them before a few games back) Then there was a Garda scheme thing with bicycles and cones. Two raffle draws, a full presentation to u12 cup finalists Aisling and Fairview....and then a penalty shoot out with Leo in goal. Birthday congratulations for various fans also as JP puts in overtime.

I was waiting for some trapeze artist to swing from the stand next but who knows maybe next week

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Now that I seen his name my good god is there anyone willing to tell JP to shut his mouth at times. There is absolutely no need for him to be coming on announcing nonsense mid game and I know he has to announce upcoming fixtures and such after games but the drowning out of actual atmosphere from the stands with him rambling on and on as the teams enter and leave the pitch is awfully annoying.