Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer window

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    I think the biggest losers in this are his local watering holes and bookies.
    Seriously though, we do need a few new bodies in the door. When's the window actually close.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluewhitearmy View Post
    Based on his recent rock solid performance in Galway I assume. You would swear the team was excellent with him in it we have been awful as a team and awful defensively all season and guess what Paolo Malwilliams was in the team all along.

I'm not saying he isn't a good player but dear god its not like we have been keeping clean sheet after clean sheet all season with him.
    Someone actually wrote somewhere that without him we will "leak goals like a sieve". Hahaha.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Irish window is closed Monday.

I think we'll dribble to the end of the season with whatever's there, finish 8th or 9th then next year we get to judge McDonald.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Look. I'm not disagreeing with you about our poor defence but as it stands we have no experienced Defenders. I don't rate DOC as a footballer. We've just exposed our weakness more is all.

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lim till i die View Post
    After Robbie Williams is announced for cork this evening he will immediately become the greatest Limerick player of all time.
    JC will sort him out. Will have him back playing over in England by the end of the season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Robbie is actually a very sharp signing out of cork!

If he's annoyed enough with Limerick to try then they have one of the best centre half's in the league.

Even as is he's a better player than alan ****in bennett.

Regardless of what happens in cork it doesn't mean the decision to release him from Limerick wasn't correct.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    As opposed to the 6 points we were gonna take from the next two games before the lads were let go is it.
    I'd be more worried about the mental affect this has on the players. In a mentally strong group, it could galvanise players but a mentally weak group could fall apart after losing 3 popular members of the team. I hope we're the former.
    You don't want lads getting humiliated in the next few games, I've had my fill of reading stuff on the facebook page in the last 2 days without wanting to see them hammered by fans for losing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kingpin4 View Post
    I'd be more worried about the mental affect this has on the players. In a mentally strong group, it could galvanise players but a mentally weak group could fall apart after losing 3 popular members of the team. I hope we're the former.
    You don't want lads getting humiliated in the next few games, I've had my fill of reading stuff on the facebook page in the last 2 days without wanting to see them hammered by fans for losing.
    Anyone that expected anything from the next two before anyone was let go hasn't a clue anyway. We just have a set of fans where everything has to be the end of the world. Like no denying Robbie is our best defender but some of the talk online about him going on here and social media is just sad.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Anyone that expected anything from the next two before anyone was let go hasn't a clue anyway. We just have a set of fans where everything has to be the end of the world. Like no denying Robbie is our best defender but some of the talk online about him going on here and social media is just sad.
    I agree with you to a point (a point up in Derry wouldn't be beyond us), but I can see it from that point of view too. He was by no means, our worst defender. And to be announced as a footnote underneath a younger player (with less ability) getting an extension is what caused a lot of the outpouring.
    I heard it annoyed a few of the longer serving players too, that they thought it should have been handled with a little bit more respect... but players will always stick together anyway.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    What longer serving players did you hear about??

Only long serving players left I can think of are Freddie Lee Jay and Duggan

Freddie obviously doesn't give a damn signed an extension the same day.

I sincerely doubt Lee Jay gives a damn

And if Duggan gives a damn I'd suggest he'd be well served using that pent up anger to put in a couple of performances.

Biddle. Biddle. Biddle.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lim till i die View Post
    What longer serving players did you hear about??

Only long serving players left I can think of are Freddie Lee Jay and Duggan

Freddie obviously doesn't give a damn signed an extension the same day.

I sincerely doubt Lee Jay gives a damn

And if Duggan gives a damn I'd suggest he'd be well served using that pent up anger to put in a couple of performances.

Biddle. Biddle. Biddle.
    Didn't mean that as in longer serving than them. and I wasn't told names. it's all rumours and stories, but there's going to be an element of truth to it no matter how small the element is.

International Prospect CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    857 Posts
    but there's going to be an element of truth to it no matter how small the element is.
    I don't know about that, there's an element on here and elsewhere who only turn up with bad news, most of which turns out to be complete myth most of the time.

If Williams does turn up a stone lighter in his new Cork shirt it shows there was a problem anyway.

People wanted change, change came and lo and behold the changes are now wrong wrong wrong too. Great 'support', and most vocal at turbulent times or when there is an angle to spread bad news, even if they have to make it up. The sky is falling down the sky is falling down chicken licken.

All that said, NMcD now needs his incoming players to improve the side, he has rolled some big dice here. But lets see what he does, he knows better than anyone his next moves need to be good ones.

International Prospect NeverFeltBetter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    583 Posts
    Handy league medal for Williams anyway. Talk about a step up.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Can players still be signed outside of the window? as in if players without contracts from the UK were available, is there a deadline on any of them signing or registering to play?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Can players still be signed outside of the window? as in if players without contracts from the UK were available, is there a deadline on any of them signing or registering to play?
    Ya I would think so. The transfer window is just that, a transfer window. Players out of contract wouldn't need a transfer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    857 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Extratime View Post
    August 1st - August 31st : All out of work professionals can sign for League Of Ireland clubs, including any professional whose contract was cancelled on or before July 31st
    So, that's the straw I'm grasping at anyway lads, that the window we are looking in is in fact just about to open
    Last edited by CraftyToePoke; 31/07/2017 at 4:41 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    If Shaun Kelly and Paul O Connor aren't released by today it would mean they are staying so.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CraftyToePoke View Post
    So, that's the straw I'm grasping at anyway lads, that the window we are looking it is in fact just about to open
    Can't imagine anyone not picked up anywhere by the middle of August is gonna be anything worth getting excited for.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    857 Posts
    Yeah, fair point, but its still July & NMcD does seem to be sitting tight happy enough that he can improve our side from what will be available, like I said before, we are in a line, experienced UK pros became experienced UK pros because they secure UK contracts, none of then grew up dreaming of playing for Limerick F.C. or even heard of us maybe. I agree we are regressing on the field and it's high risk from him, if he doesn't secure his targets it could get very messy.

Its either that or we really are skint to f*ck

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Paul and Shaun confirmed as gone. Paul likely to Pats. Kelly has retired from full time football but is going to stay living in Limerick and work here.

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast