Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer window

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    We didn't know a whole lot about Tommy Robson either and look how good he was. Good point made by jofspring about quality over age. Reading his bio he only signed an extension of his contract at Norwich till this time next year. If he works out for us may be we could look at him more permanently next year.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Surely there are a few players we should be looking at bray now there all up for transfer, impressed with hugh Douglas anytime I seen him rock solid full back

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Chris Mulhall has left the club. Good luck to him. Was a solid performer last season but don't think he's quite right for premiership football. Had one of the best chants at the Markets Field.
    Thanks for your service Chris 👍

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Good player. Probably not upto premier standards. Always worked hard. Fans will be sad to see him go

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    999 Posts
    Always gave everything he had. Always. Really honest, hardworking player. In the First Division he was able to bully defenses round the place, but I think that with the step up to premier, his limitations were exposed.

Good luck to him. Hope he finds a club where he can play all the time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Came in and did the job asked of him and more. All you can ever really ask for is a lad to give his all and like has been said already he never failed to do that. A genuinely nice fella too and a great character I hope he gets sorted and comes back to play us in Markets Field.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    As said a player who always gave 100% knew watching him at the Charlton game something was up he did not look interested and that's not him might not score 15/20 goals a season but a more committed player you'd go along way to find best of luck to him , now bring in a replacement fast were very light in that department

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    We do need another striker in my opionon. Tosi and ogbene work well but there's little strength in depth.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Had a trialist that was released from a 2nd tier Welsh team playing today as well as the Japanese lad that played against Charlton. Unless something major happens in the next two weeks then this window has been a complete failure.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Assistant manager is in anyway Eric Kinder ex Blackburn head of youth or something like that was at Carlisle with McDonald.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Results this weekend really upping the pressure. We need players. Proper ones.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Waterford go out and sign exactly the type of player we need in Paul Keegan as nothing seems to be happening with us. We badly need players in.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Tis getting worrying at this stage with the player's we're not signing. The club would want to get the finger out big time. Lose to Sligo Saturday night and we're in big trouble.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Its one thing to ask a football manager to get results on the pitch, but there is no excuse for incompetence at administration level. Wrong call after wrong call all season.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fieldofmarkets View Post
    Its one thing to ask a football manager to get results on the pitch, but there is no excuse for incompetence at administration level. Wrong call after wrong call all season.
    Wrong call after wrong call all season .... It's been a tad longer than that I'm afraid. Sooner the boardroom battle is over, the sooner we might function as a football club.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Whats the story with Joel Coustrain? Is he still training with us? I didn't see him play in the friendly with Charlton.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastershake87 View Post
    Whats the story with Joel Coustrain? Is he still training with us? I didn't see him play in the friendly with Charlton.
    Hasn't been training as far as I know.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    In talks with a Dublin club, but hoping to go back to UK

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Win tomorrow and we are 3 points off 4th with a game in hand and still no sign of more much needed reinforcements an absolute joke given the time we had between the Galway game and tomorrows to get people in and have em train with the lads for a while. There is no way the manager didn't want more than 2 in at this stage either not a chance in hell. Haven't gotten rid of any of the deadwood either even Mulhall asked himself to leave.

International Prospect CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    I suppose lads are sitting on their deals are they ? If we want them out, (and I am sure this manager has plenty changes he would ideally make), & we don't want a player he is unlikely to be offered more elsewhere so he continues here, as he is perfectly entitled to do. Its that or pay them up, buy them out. Also as frustrating as incoming player movement has been, I guess many experienced pros will see if a UK deal materialises first and its peak season over there for agents hawking their product, we are in a line and that's not really anyones fault. If MacDonald can't over time, secure these type signings, that's a different matter but its hardly an ideal first shopping expedition timing wise, and that's not his fault.

There is broad agreement on here the squad is a mish mash and plenty players there who's future is not at our club, so much so it might take a couple of windows before NMcD can be fully judged. So long as there is stability meanwhile and elements of improvement with no threat of relegation, would that not do ? Once allied to better home form and some consistency, I think it should. I mean after all, are we really saying unless we are chasing Europe it's not enough ? Top half will do me a while, getting into Europe does not make you a European caliber side, no point getting there and being hammered then, which lets face it, is exactly what would happen to this side.

I feel, through comments on here and elsewhere, the impatience and frustration pent up toward previous men might all come spilling out too early at the wrong guy and that will lead the club nowhere good. The squad is a mess put together by a committee, we on here would keep what, six of them ? Once he has the players in his team he has chosen to keep (& coach to improve) at the club, allied to the ones he will sign, then bring the jury in on him.
    Last edited by CraftyToePoke; 22/07/2017 at 2:21 AM.

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast