Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: LOI Fixtures May 26th +

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by placid casual View Post
    They have won 1 cup in 4 seasons under caulfield, with the long held view that he was a major reason for holding them back.
    Anyone with a long held view that Caulfield was holding us back isn't worth listening to to be honest. He's clearly been building a team, building a culture and learning as he goes, as well as being competitive the whole time. This season he's seeing the fruit of his hard work.

Assuming we win the league this year, the cup and a league in 4 seasons will have him already as one of our most successful managers ever, to add to his playing accolades.

Seasons like this don't come around often, sure people are getting over excited about it, but what harm. You've gotta enjoy it while it's happening, we only win the league every 12 years!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    141 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nah Nah Nah Nah View Post
    Is there anyone who thinks their team is going to get relegated?!
    Me - I think we are doomed, not scoring enough, just 2 wins from 16 games (half the season). Not sure who will join us, but we will finish bottom

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    2nd time posting note to everyone else, don't edit posts on mobile, half the time it deletes it, or maybe I just have too big fingers.
    No thread for tonight's match so I'll just post a few points about it here.
    Rovers seemed to really click tonight. Hardly left second gear and won easily.
    Bray looked very poor.
    Bray should have taken the money for Dylan Connelly based off tonight. He was very poor and should have been sent off about 5 minutes in.
    Ryan Connelly was very good, great to have him back.
    Finn was class today, hardly put a foot wrong.
    Clarke terrorised sullivan all night but that standard now I guess.
    Linesmen didn't know the offside rule, gave at least 5/6 offsides that were clearly on.
    Peter cherrie shouldn't have played tonight, obviously injured and that may have played a part in the two goals.
    Overall a good night for rovers and a very poor one for Bray, their players just seemed to give up after the second goal.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts
    Agree with all that , thought Connelly was superb. Should have been more.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts
    Looks like a decline in Bray's form, would fitness be a factor in this; some are part-time. They probably need to spend more in the break if they are to achieve Europe. Interesting observation regarding D Connolly. The other Connolly lacked a bit of pace for the type of role he played at Galway i think, but certainly talent there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Maybe Dylan Connolly wasn't arsed tonight? Maybe he's a bit fed up at Bray.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts
    O Connor came on for last 10 mins , unbelievably unlucky not to score after a lovely bit of skill hit the post, clarke was excellent again could have scored and set brando up for a shot cleared off the line. Bray showed very little, rumour of unpaid wages , might just have been banter.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    Maybe Dylan Connolly wasn't arsed tonight? Maybe he's a bit fed up at Bray.
    I don't know if he wasn't arsed just looked poor, hardly got a kick all game. Bar when he kicked Tomer off the ball 5 minutes in.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RathfarnhamHoop View Post
    Bray, their players just seemed to give up after the second goal.
    But how come so that the result wasn't about 9-0? It wasn't just down to Rovers inaccuracy, Bray defended well. A bad day at the office for attackers.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by littlebray View Post
    But how come so that the result wasn't about 9-0? It wasn't just down to Rovers inaccuracy, Bray defended well. A bad day at the office for attackers.
    Rovers seemed to lose their edge after 2-0 too, flagged offside almost every attack which helped keep the score down, poor finishing. A number of reasons it wasn't more than two but I wouldnt have good defence as a main one, it wasn't awful but you got the feeling that a different lino or a better touch, pass, shot and rovers were going to score. Rovers never lost control of that game and bar mccabes free kick just before half time never looked like conceding.

Also as a side note Trevor Clarke takes a serious kicking. Nevermind all the ones not given he must be the most fouled player in the league so far by a mile, every game he wins 5/6 free kicks at least and there always 2/3 clear ones not given.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    Rovers seemed to lose their edge after 2-0 too, flagged offside almost every attack which helped keep the score down, poor finishing. A number of reasons it wasn't more than two but I wouldnt have good defence as a main one, it wasn't awful but you got the feeling that a different lino or a better touch, pass, shot and rovers were going to score. Rovers never lost control of that game and bar mccabes free kick just before half time never looked like conceding.

Also as a side note Trevor Clarke takes a serious kicking. Nevermind all the ones not given he must be the most fouled player in the league so far by a mile, every game he wins 5/6 free kicks at least and there always 2/3 clear ones not given.
    I'd put Sean Maguire ahead of Clarke on that. Your own team were at it on Friday night. How he hasn't had a serious injury yet I have no idea.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Bray should have taken the money for Dylan Connelly based off tonight. He was very poor and should have been sent off about 5 minutes in.
    Connolly didn't deserve a red at all. He had a little shove at Tomer and Tomer milked it for all it was worth. Which is fair enough considering the Bray players did the same to him and O'Connor in the first game.

Quote Originally Posted by wonder88 View Post
    Looks like a decline in Bray's form, would fitness be a factor in this; some are part-time. They probably need to spend more in the break if they are to achieve Europe. Interesting observation regarding D Connolly. The other Connolly lacked a bit of pace for the type of role he played at Galway i think, but certainly talent there.
    Bray are all nominally full time as far as I know, bar maybe the fringe players. They shouldn't be lacking fitness but were very sluggish.

Quote Originally Posted by littlebray View Post
    Your centre half literally passed the ball to Miele for his first goal. I think your defenders gave the ball to a Rovers player in the attacking third five or six times, which isn't defending well. We had lots of clear chances - probably twice as many as we've had in any game this year - but we're not a clinical side.

All in all, good performance from Rovers. The intensity has either been off or over the top (five red cards) too many times this season but got it right tonight and limited a dangerous Bray side to practically nothing.

On a side note, saw the McAllister red again last night and he looked unlucky. Think he tackled low, studs down and got the ball but was unfortunate that Maguire chickened out of the 50/50 and got hit. If Maguire had gone in full blooded then it would have been a well-contested 50/50. Ah well, live and learn.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    Connolly didn't deserve a red at all. He had a little shove at Tomer and Tomer milked it for all it was worth. Which is fair enough considering the Bray players did the same to him and O'Connor in the first game.
    He tried to shoulder Tomer and bounced right off him and fell to the ground when Tomer saw him coming and got his shoulder up to protect himself. Then after Tomer had given madden the ball he kicked him on the achilles. He's lucky that the ref and lino didn't see it or that's a red. May have been as small contact as you want but deliberately striking a player off the ball is a red, in my opinion obviously the ref doesn't share that view.

14. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by El-Pietro View Post
    I'd put Sean Maguire ahead of Clarke on that. Your own team were at it on Friday night. How he hasn't had a serious injury yet I have no idea.
    Oh I don't know, I'm sure maguire is fouled a lot but seems like every time clarke gets the ball hes either too fast for his marker or he gets fouled. Guess it's one way to defend against players to stop them making a fool of you

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts

Bray are all nominally full time as far as I know, bar maybe the fringe players. They shouldn't be lacking fitness but were very sluggish.

Your centre half literally passed the ball to Miele for his first goal. I think your defenders gave the ball to a Rovers player in the attacking third five or six times, which isn't defending well. We had lots of clear chances - probably twice as many as we've had in any game this year - but we're not a clinical side.

All in all, good performance from Rovers. The intensity has either been off or over the top (five red cards) too many times this season but got it right tonight and limited a dangerous Bray side to practically nothing.

On a side note, saw the McAllister red again last night and he looked unlucky. Think he tackled low, studs down and got the ball but was unfortunate that Maguire chickened out of the 50/50 and got hit. If Maguire had gone in full blooded then it would have been a well-contested 50/50. Ah well, live and learn.
    I presume you're taking the p**s here or need to visit specsavers ?
    Otherwise I suggest you view the tackle again.
    Yes McAllister made contact with the ball but he also made contact with Maguire's shin who has a nasty gash to prove it.
    It seems Bradley's master plan was to stop Maguire & you stop Cork.
    If it moves kick it & if it doesn't move kick it anyway.

Rovers have some fine players who when they played football looked very good but Bradley's plan to kick the s***e out of everything stopped them from playing.
    It seems he took Miele's pre match comments of "We battered them" to new heights.
    Bradley is like Wenger at Arsenal. Fans of every other club want him to stay

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Bray are not full time but 4 games in 12 games plus another one in three days is catching up. The break can't come soon enough.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Don't know what match you were looking at if you think Connolly didn't deserve to be sent off, he was filthy all night, I counted six fouls he committed after the yellow, so even if they weren't deemed individual bookings he should have gone for persistent fouling

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by disgruntled View Post
    I presume you're taking the p**s here or need to visit specsavers ?
    Otherwise I suggest you view the tackle again.
    Yes McAllister made contact with the ball but he also made contact with Maguire's shin who has a nasty gash to prove it.
    It seems Bradley's master plan was to stop Maguire & you stop Cork.
    If it moves kick it & if it doesn't move kick it anyway.

Rovers have some fine players who when they played football looked very good but Bradley's plan to kick the s***e out of everything stopped them from playing.
    It seems he took Miele's pre match comments of "We battered them" to new heights.
    Bradley is like Wenger at Arsenal. Fans of every other club want him to stay
    I know he made contact - I said it in my post. As I said, Maguire pulled out of the 50/50 and that rarely ends well.

I think it's fairly ridiculous to say Rovers went out to kick people. It was a physical game but that's to be expected considering the mutual dislike between the players.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts
    Agreed it is ridiculous to say we set out to kick people . The hysterical reaction of the players to maguire getting a kick when he pulled out of the challenge was what got mcalister sent off. Clarke gets kicked around every match but just gets u and gets on with it. I think in fairness to caulfield it is good management to try to condition the refs to protect maguire by talking about the need to protect him . You cork boys are winning the league you don't have to be right on every tackle and every match analysts. Enjoy it .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts
    Read this on Galway utd forum

"Rumours swirling around Facebook and Twitter that Bray have missed payments to some players in the last few weeks. Apparently they didn't even try last night against Rovers, could explain their dip in form over the last couple of weeks."

No smoke with out fire so Im sure we will hear more of this story over next few days/weeks.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast