Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: LOI Fixtures May 26th +

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    363 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    Even the self-confessed master of hubris is hardly claiming this accolade for a team that have not yet won a league title.
    Originally Posted by El-Pietro
    I don't know if we are the best LOI team ever

Classic after 2am post by El P, maybe he was a little 'tired and emotional' after the Rovers match. I have to say it brightened up my day reading that this am, not even at the half way stage, I`ve no doubt Cork will win the league, but superb comment all the same.
    Last edited by oriel; 27/05/2017 at 7:54 PM.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    Double post
    Last edited by sbgawa; 27/05/2017 at 8:05 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    Waterford are very poor.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Watched a dodgy Facebook live stream of the second half of Waterford v Cobh. Couple of big chances missed by both teams there. Seemed a decent crowd down there though.

Things very tight at the top in the First Division now after that 0-0 draw. Big chance missed by Cobh though at home.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ger121 View Post
    Depends what week you asked me. This week, we could push for Top 4. Next week if we lose, certs for the drop. So completely rational like all Football Supporters.
    Thing is, this season both are probably equally plausible. After drawing away to Derry and Bray And beating Drogheda I thought we were on the way up, then we take 1 point from the next 9.
    Out for a spell, got neglected, lay on the bench unselected.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    Some Bradley supporters (is there really such a thing?) claim that he is a young manager who is learning as he goes.

http://www.sseairtricityleague.ie/ne...ayers-/id-602-

He seems to be a very slow learner, as he keeps making the same type of mistakes with his pre-match comments to the media
    Doing one mistake twice doesnt mean he hasn't learnt anyting

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts
    Waterford should have had 1 by half time were a lot better in the first half I thought. Lost their way a bit 2nd lacked ideas in the final 3rd. few good chances for both as said above near the end draw probably a fair result

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post
    Originally Posted by El-Pietro
    I don't know if we are the best LOI team ever

Classic after 2am post by El P, maybe he was a little 'tired and emotional' after the Rovers match. I have to say it brightened up my day reading that this am, not even at the half way stage, I`ve no doubt Cork will win the league, but superb comment all the same.
    To be fair, I said "I don't know if we are the best", the bigger point I was trying to make is our dominance compared to everyone else. I'd love to know what the biggest leading margins over second, thrid etc have been in history, maybe as % of total points. I'm too lazy to go through the various leagues though.

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RathfarnhamHoop View Post
    Doing one mistake twice doesnt mean he hasn't learnt anyting

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Hmm barely win a game that isn't fixed all season, keep the manager. Win 5-0, sack the manager. Strange timing though I'm guessing it was done before tonight. I always liked AM but it just hasn't been good enough this season.

Ollie Horgan was at the match, does he fancy a return to the First?! In all seriousness I'm not sure why he'd be going out of his way to take in the game? Is he after a player or two, I'm not sure any of the 22 would be much addition.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    I don't think you're getting it Ezeikial. Nobody is saying that he's not making mistakes just that he's making less as the season goes on

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Longfordian View Post
    Ollie Horgan was at the match, does he fancy a return to the First?! In all seriousness I'm not sure why he'd be going out of his way to take in the game? Is he after a player or two, I'm not sure any of the 22 would be much addition.
    I had wondered about why he was there alright, but he was after Enda Curran and Stephen Walsh before the season start to the best of my knowledge, so maybe their circumstances have changed?
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Could be. Perhaps we're looking to shed some high earners as we won't be going up and our crowds and sponsorship will likely be through the floor. I wouldn't blame the club for taking action and it may be why Mathews has gone.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    363 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by El-Pietro View Post
    To be fair, I said "I don't know if we are the best", the bigger point I was trying to make is our dominance compared to everyone else. I'd love to know what the biggest leading margins over second, thrid etc have been in history, maybe as % of total points. I'm too lazy to go through the various leagues though.
    Even coming out with a comment like that not even half way through a season is mental, Cork will almost certainly win the league (is this the first since 2005 I think ?) and fair play if they do, they are night and day ahead of everyone at the moment this season, but no one cares about leading margins mid season, the barometer of success is what's in the trophy cabinet.

Any league title won by any club is decent, it takes guts and huge application, hats off stuff from the players to the backroom staff to the guy who opens the stadium, everyone plays their part, backing it up is the difficult part. Get your league trophy first, then analyse how that was won and compare to any previous winner, that's for an end of season review, not for the end of May.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,215 Posts
    PSG had 31 points to spare last year; that's the record afaik.

Celtic had 30 points left over this year and so only just fell short

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    Normally it takes a full season for league winning fans to be getting a bit full of themselves, but carkies are not even waiting that long.
    They have won 1 cup in 4 seasons under caulfield, with the long held view that he was a major reason for holding them back. Dundalk have gone backwards, due to losing players, and probably a loss of hunger, or even advancing age. The rest of the teams are evenly matched so win one week and lose the next.
    But one season in the sun for cork does not make them St Tropez supermodels, just culchies with a farmers tan.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Anyone with a "long held view" that he was holding us back wasn't watching us much.

This is a guy who brought us from mid-table to within 45 minutes of the title in his first season. I'm convinced if we'd held onto Horgan we'd have won the title in 2014.

He's built year on year towards this point and was denied a league title sooner only because his time coincided with the rise of one of the best teams the league has ever seen.

18. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Crosshead View Post
    Anyone with a "long held view" that he was holding us back wasn't watching us much.

This is a guy who brought us from mid-table to within 45 minutes of the title in his first season. I'm convinced if we'd held onto Horgan we'd have won the title in 2014.

He's built year on year towards this point and was denied a league title sooner only because his time coincided with the rise of one of the best teams the league has ever seen.
    Or Lenihan.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wonder88 View Post
    Worrying to read in today's press that Pats have not submitted a Strategic Plan to the FAI. How can clubs be helped if they do not know themselves where they want to go.
    Wasn't it well noted before Christmas Pats and another club rejected/refused the FAI's €5,000 grant for a five year Strategic Plan? Don't see that as too worrying, Pats were right in there stance. Purely because it was a shambolic offer by the FAI following the millions earned in prize money last year, to in turn offer just a pathetic €100,000 in total between LOI clubs. It was a stance to prove a point moreso then not caring about the league or clubs future.

In all honesty, do the FAI even have a strategic five year plan in place for the league. Highly doubtful giving there is yet to be confirmation on next years format. Giving how late this years format was changed, FAI look like they're lacking a plan let alone clubs.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,215 Posts
    Don't agree Pat's were right in their stance tbh. Daft stuff from them. Yes, the clubs needs more than a strategic plan, but it's certainly no harm to have one, and the way they went about everything was stupid. (Derry too)

Wonder who the other clubs are?

22. Thanks From:

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast