Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: LOI Fixtures May 26th +

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    I genuinely think Bradley is holding that Rovers team back. There seemed to be quality all over the pitch, but no structure, no plan, no basics like defending set plays etc. Some rovers players last night worked their asses off to keep Shep and Seani quiet, but to concede 3 from set plays must be gutting for them. With proper direction there's huge potential in that team, and Clarke is a star, but they'll go nowhere with the complete lack of any sort of discipline they showed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    Yeah we will get a decent fee for clarke and there are a good few coming behind him. Hopefully we can stiffen up the defence.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by micls View Post
    I genuinely think Bradley is holding that Rovers team back. There seemed to be quality all over the pitch, but no structure, no plan, no basics like defending set plays etc. Some rovers players last night worked their asses off to keep Shep and Seani quiet, but to concede 3 from set plays must be gutting for them. With proper direction there's huge potential in that team, and Clarke is a star, but they'll go nowhere with the complete lack of any sort of discipline they showed.
    It's a similar squad to the one four-times league winner Pat Fenlon couldn't get the best from. Players have to look at themselves too. Coaching staff are culpable for not being able to defend set pieces but so are players, and the coaches aren't asking five players to get sent off in 15 games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    It's a similar squad to the one four-times league winner Pat Fenlon couldn't get the best from. Players have to look at themselves too. Coaching staff are culpable for not being able to defend set pieces but so are players, and the coaches aren't asking five players to get sent off in 15 games.
    Sure and if it were a few players acting the idiot, you'd just blame the players. But it seems to be the whole team, that's a team culture thing and for me that's a management and coaching issue. The entire team thought taunting the city fans was the best course of action after the goal, after a week of your manager and players commenting about how City aren't that good. Like, that's a whole other level of stupidity, handing over the motivation like that. It led to the entire stadium on their feet for city, despite just going 1 down and absolutely drove our players on. That comes from the top down.

I'm not saying the players are blameless, but a manager with a more sensible head on his shoulders would have to make a difference to the discipline issue I'd imagine

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    I dunno. Progress is Def happening last 4 games other than cork was beating dundalk galway and bohs and losing in derry thanks to awful ref / linesman. Top of my head I think 5 of the starters were there last year it does take time. I think bradley wI'll deliver but even JC didnt wi the league in his first year in charge

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Sure and if it were a few players acting the idiot, you'd just blame the players. But it seems to be the whole team, that's a team culture thing and for me that's a management and coaching issue. The entire team thought taunting the city fans was the best course of action after the goal, after a week of your manager and players commenting about how City aren't that good. Like, that's a whole other level of stupidity, handing over the motivation like that. It led to the entire stadium on their feet for city, despite just going 1 down and absolutely drove our players on. That comes from the top down.

I'm not saying the players are blameless, but a manager with a more sensible head on his shoulders would have to make a difference to the discipline issue I'd imagine
    To be honest, I love that they did that, a bitta passion and pride that's been lacking pretty much since MON. The thing about Bradley is he's inexperienced, he needs a level head as his assistant I think, someone who's been there done that as a coach. But the thing about rover is, I remember talking to a former rovers player who won quite a bit with rovers and it was after pat had been sacked and we were going through who could get the job and the thing he said was you need balls to manage rovers and you also need to play football or else you won't succeed because the fans demand a lot more at rovers than other places. Bradley seems to tick both those boxes just needs to get a bit of experience and I'm sure he'll improve, you can actually see areas where he's improved already this season.

7. Thanks From:

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts

I don't know if anyone said City weren't good, just that they were beatable. Which they were up to the red card. I mean congratulations on the record but other teams don't have to blow smoke up your holes either. The shushing thing was nonsense, no idea what they thought they would achieve.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    I dunno. Progress is Def happening last 4 games other than cork was beating dundalk galway and bohs and losing in derry thanks to awful ref / linesman.
    The decision in Maginn was correct, ball went out of play. Rovers were just quite poor that day.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    I don't know if anyone said City weren't good, just that they were beatable. Which they were up to the red card. I mean congratulations on the record but other teams don't have to blow smoke up your holes either. The shushing thing was nonsense, no idea what they thought they would achieve.
    Bradley's stop Maguire and you stop city rubbish was just huge ammunition again for the rest of the team. When you imply its a one man team, and claim you battered them, you're saying they're not very good. I don't expect any manager to come out complimenting us. Theres a big difference between that and the route Bradley went though. JC wouldn't even had to have given a team talk this week I'd say.

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by El-Pietro View Post
    . I don't know if we are the best LOI team ever
    Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post
    Possibly you might need to win multiple trophies first, steady on kiddo !
    Even the self-confessed master of hubris is hardly claiming this accolade for a team that have not yet won a league title.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    327 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nah Nah Nah Nah View Post
    Is there anyone who thinks their team is going to get relegated?!

3 teams are going to go but everyone down there seems to be capable of doing something. Strange not seeing someone marooned off the bottom.
    Depends what week you asked me. This week, we could push for Top 4. Next week if we lose, certs for the drop. So completely rational like all Football Supporters.

13. Thanks From:

Shed End.. **** off with your joe delaney stand
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RathfarnhamHoop View Post
    To be honest, I love that they did that, a bitta passion and pride that's been lacking pretty much since MON.
    I found it embarrassing to be honest. To me it makes you out to be inferior to the opposition. Now it wasn't as bad as when Sligo did it, the whole team apart from the keeper jumped on each other, but I wouldn't like our lads to be doing such a thing.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by patrickccfc View Post
    I found it embarrassing to be honest. To me it makes you out to be inferior to the opposition. Now it wasn't as bad as when Sligo did it, the whole team apart from the keeper jumped on each other, but I wouldn't like our lads to be doing such a thing.
    I don't necessarily agree with the actual shushing more what it shows, that there is a bitta fire in the bellies of the players. Like twigg sliding in front of the bohs fans, a bit stupid but shows that there's passion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RathfarnhamHoop View Post
    ... a bit stupid but shows that there's passion.
    Maybe this explains the number of red cards this season

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by patrickccfc View Post
    You must have been mortified so when Shepherd did pretty much the same in Dalymount last month.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    Maybe this explains the number of red cards this season
    probably does, the lads just need to learn how to channel it, bit like a bunch of young Rooneys is how i see it, once they learn theyll be better for it. I've just seen so many players come to rovers and not give a **** the last few seasons its refreshing to see players that do.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    Agree completely at least we have guys who give it 100% effort now. Maybe just dial it back to 99% ��

Shed End.. **** off with your joe delaney stand
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalymountrower View Post
    You must have been mortified so when Shepherd did pretty much the same in Dalymount last month.
    It wasn't as over the top, but yeah I didn't really like that either.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Some Bradley supporters (is there really such a thing?) claim that he is a young manager who is learning as he goes.

Cork City defender Ryan Delaney has admitted his teammates were determined to prove Stephen Bradley wrong after the Shamrock Rovers boss claimed the Leesiders aren’t as good as champions Dundalk.
    http://www.sseairtricityleague.ie/ne...ayers-/id-602-

He seems to be a very slow learner, as he keeps making the same type of mistakes with his pre-match comments to the media
    Last edited by Ezeikial; 27/05/2017 at 7:10 PM. Reason: Removing the Size 3

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    I prefer it when players interact with the crowd. I reckon shep had a go at the bohs supporters as a response to being abused for once playing for rovers. The player fan relationship positive and negative is one of the great things about our league.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast