or
    One Dream One Team - Life as a League of Ireland fan

That's not too bad at mo.

International Prospect CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    853 Posts
    The Gaps In Their Game - The Nearly Men, The Should Have Been, And The Still Could, You Know.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    Yous are s-h-i-t!

now that what i call a LOI book 109

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    At the moment I have a working title of - One Team, One Dream , Won Friday Night.
    I'll be trying to launch the book in different clubs throughout the country like Just Follow The Floodlights.
    In the case of Dublin if I can't find a club I was told over several good locations that do book launches and room hire is free.
    I've bee looking at these few - The Waterloo, 51, JW Sweetman The Bores Head and Jack Melons. If anybody knows a good or better city centre pub that hosts 50 plus I'd be interested in hearing from you, or if you been to one of the pubs I mentioned.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Hopefully you can make it to Limerick. Loved your last book. Will definitely get your new one. Keep us posted.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    I have a date marked in for a possible launch in Limerick. I found out Markets Field isn't an option but was told a place called Jerry O'Dea's is popular with Limerick fans. Just want a small area I can sell it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Jerry's where the Blue Army supporters club hold their meetings and have pre and post match drinks. Ideal spot.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by writerbk1969 View Post
    At the moment I have a working title of - One Team, One Dream , Won Friday Night.
    I'll be trying to launch the book in different clubs throughout the country like Just Follow The Floodlights.
    Well don't turn up to the Showgrounds on a Friday ... we play a home on Saturdays.
    Manager: Fergal, have you your boots with ya?
    Fergal: Ya, I have them here.
    Manager: Ah good stuff, well give them to this man so, he forgot his!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    327 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by writerbk1969 View Post
    In the case of Dublin if I can't find a club I was told over several good locations that do book launches and room hire is free.
    I've bee looking at these few - The Waterloo, 51, JW Sweetman The Bores Head and Jack Melons. If anybody knows a good or better city centre pub that hosts 50 plus I'd be interested in hearing from you, or if you been to one of the pubs I mentioned.
    I'm sure Dalymount could be a runner with the bars available. Would suggest contacting the club if you haven't already.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    I've been offered one of the bars in Dalymount yes Ger.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    The 1899 suite in rovers would be a good venue.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    I will ask if they let me set up there Sbgawa. I did a book signing in the club shop downstairs for Just Follow The Floodlights which went well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts
    'Summer soccer me hole'
    "Friday night fever"
    "Chicken League"
    Nobody knows us, we don't care

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    OK - the chapters, clubs & their authors (at mo in no particular order) for the new LOI book ..ONE TEAM, ONE DREAM, WON FRIDAY NIGHT
    Cork City - Reasons to be cheerful & a final curtain call - Gerry Desmond. Wexford Youths - Out of the Blue (well Pink) - Ronan McCarthy. Cobh Ramblers - 1983 : the year we dared to dream -
    Michael Geasley. Salthill Devon - Our Finest - Peter Kelly. Bohemians - Alan Bird (title soon). Waterford FC -Who's The Bald Guy in the middle?- Brian Kennedy. Limerick FC - From Milltown to Madrid - Gary Spain.Bray Wanderers - A Family Affair - Brian Quigley. Kilkenny City - A Cat's tale - James Carew. Cork Athletic. The Curious Committee Member case. - Cian Manning. Finn Harps - My Favourite Year - Bartley Ramsay. UCD - European Adventures - Declan Hughes. UCD. Frank Obiakpani: College Colossus - Cian Manning. Cork Athletic. There's Only one Jimmy Delaney. - Plunkett Carter. Shamrock Rovers - Robert Goggins (title soon) Shelbourne. 6 Games to Define My Obsession. Alan Lynch - Shelbourne. A History - Noel Sands. Longford Town - A First Division Win- Martin Stapleton. Sligo Rovers - The Lights Go On - Sean Ryan Sligo Rovers. The Sweet Smell of Success - Keith O'Dwyer. Galway United. An Empty Trophy Cabinet - Paul O'Brien. Cabinteely - Legends of the Borough- Joe Dodd. General LOI. The Outsider - Bruce Baskin (maimi-based). St Patricks Athletic. Ronan O'Flaherty (title to come.) Newcastlewest -. Off Days Gone By.- Michael Houlihan. Newcastle west. Billy Daly- Man of the Moment. John Upton. Derry City - Of Childhood Memories.- Neil Bradley. Derry City. BrandyHell - Eddie Mahon. Monaghan Utd - The A-Z of Monaghan United. Adrian Harte. Dundalk -Reasons to be Cheerful (Part 3) - Micheal Shine. Dundalk - Sean DeLoughry (title soon.) Dundalk - A Letter From America. Steve Duffy . Kildare County - The Final Furlong. Steven Taylor.
    Athlone Town - The Crossbar Cruncher- Mick O'Brien. Robert Reid.
    I am putting in a couple of entries Waterford FC , Galway United and Monaghan to bulk the book up. As you can see Dundalk came back with three (couple of short stories) so will go with that. If I've left anyone out I'll try sort. It's a case of the book coming out for Christmas or start of next season.

15. Thanks From:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123