Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Dundalk H

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

Dundalk H

Sending off killed the game pity because we started well.
    Next two games are massive for us if we don't get something we will be bang in the middle of a relegation battle all the teams below us that had slow starts are now all picking up points Galway sligo pats bohs have all improved while we have gone backwards.
    Alot of work for mcdonald to do so many areas of weakness.

Was Tony whitehead injured because putting Paul o connor centre half was a crazy decision he was awful.
    Cotter aswell was poor but only a young lad good experience for him hopefully he'll learn.
    Last edited by thomas72; 19/05/2017 at 9:05 PM.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    At long last a manager who shows passion and kept encouraging the players to work which in fairness they did against a quality team with 10 for so long ,though we started well sending off killed any chance we had of getting something he was unlucky , I think there is a very good player in Barry cotter but he lost the ball in key areas at times overplayed it too much he just needs better composure on the ball, Hery had a great game duggan continues to struggle he needs a break at this stage , Cork and Dundalk are streets ahead of the rest of the league Dundalk have so much quality all over the field Jamie Mc Grath is going to be some player , we showed much better work rate than previous games from the start which was good to see

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    As usual the ref killed the game kept falling for dundalk players throwing themselves on the ground then not giving us frees because we weren't divey enough, game was all over after 2nd goal

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    999 Posts
    We need to change our captain just so we can substitute Duggan, or drop as necessary. Cotter was all over the place, he needs to curb his attacking instincts and just defend his space. Ogbene did ok, Tosi was decent after he came on, he won headers whereas Mulhall didn't win even one all night I think. Hery had a good game but needs to pass faster.

Our shape was all over the place, Cotter moved along the back 4 and ended on the wing, Dean Clarke almost a left fullback at times.

Is Davy O'Connor still at the club? And Walsh?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    No win in 6,talk of europe mindless and surprised by new managers reference to it in his press conference.plenty of work to do for him with little time this week .lets get behind him and see how the immediate future brings us.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I think give it a few weeks and he will get it right did not expect to get anything from dundalk and after we went down to 10 feared a hammering i think before today it would have been I know there is the usual new manager coming in so more effort from the team but it felt different so many players playing without confidence , ogbene worked hard but too many times he runs and ends up losing it he needs to put his foot in more aswell pulls out of top many 50/50 , Freddie played very well Clarke has been good but that could cost him his place now , it was a strange move putting cotter in ahead of David o Connor, Russell was spot on in what he said on soccer republic madness aiming for top 4 he was spot on top 10 team we don't have a squad capable of top 4

International Prospect NeverFeltBetter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    583 Posts
    We're just three points from eighth, but we're also just six points from fourth with more than half the season still to be played. Bad luck with the keeper going off so early tonight, but getting two wins in the next two games isn't a far-out possibility, and things might look different then, ahead of a very important home game against Bray.
    Author of Never Felt Better (History, Film Reviews).

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by osarusan View Post
    We need to change our captain just so we can substitute Duggan, or drop as necessary. Cotter was all over the place, he needs to curb his attacking instincts and just defend his space. Ogbene did ok, Tosi was decent after he came on, he won headers whereas Mulhall didn't win even one all night I think. Hery had a good game but needs to pass faster.

Our shape was all over the place, Cotter moved along the back 4 and ended on the wing, Dean Clarke almost a left fullback at times.

Is Davy O'Connor still at the club? And Walsh?
    Clarke was playing as a left wing back for a while when we went 3 at the back. At least we tried something different atthat stage. Robson needs to back himself more. The amount of times space would open for him or a pass forward would be on but he would turn back and give it to Robbie was actually frustrating.

The one thing I liked about tonight is there was way more fight in the team. From the first whistle they got stuck in where as the last few games we were like pussycats.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Who picked that team?!

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I was reading a report earlier which said willie boland understandable I suppose

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Must be disheartening for David O'Connor to be overlooked at cb for a centre mid.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lims4ever View Post
    I was reading a report earlier which said willie boland understandable I suppose
    Willie Boland picked the team , mullhall offers nothing at all I don't think he contributed anything to the game, tough debut for cotter he will need time the manger will bring in 3/4 players from England I am sure that was the reason behind he's appointment.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Dave O'Connor did well the couple of times he came on this season. Barry Cotter looks like he could be a good player, but O'Connor should have been starting first. Another bad game from Duggie, only time he has been good was away to Dundalk. Looks like he is trying to be fair but he needs a rest for a couple games and try get back to what he was.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Playing Barry Cotter was a costly error. He lost the ball in midfield which lead to Brendan Clarke getting sent off. He looks like he could develop into a decent player for the future but playing him against the champions was poor judgment on Boland's behalf. Why is Tobiaz Kainz even here if he's not even second choice to Kelly? Looks like Whitehead was dropped as he was on the bench. I like other people here am surprised Dave O'Connor hasn't been given a go. Maybe management are reluctant to play 2 left -sided CBs?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Strange decision regarding Cotter,playing an out of form centre mid at centre back hardly inspires confidence,other O Conners abscence made no sense.Cotter has the makings of a fine player,however some basics were never reached by him especially given the type of game this was so one wonders what kind of coaching he,s getting.Huge fan of Duggan but he needs to be left out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Remember that team selection in about 18 months when everyone is falling over themselves to anoint Willie.

A very Limerick series of events.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by da bishop View Post
    Strange decision regarding Cotter,playing an out of form centre mid at centre back hardly inspires confidence,other O Conners abscence made no sense.Cotter has the makings of a fine player,however some basics were never reached by him especially given the type of game this was so one wonders what kind of coaching he,s getting.Huge fan of Duggan but he needs to be left out.
    I made the O'Conor point in my analysis of the game here.