Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Weekend Beginning May 12th Fixtures

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    360 Posts
    Dundalk were very good in the second half tonight after a fairly sluggish first half. Benson, McGrath and Duffy were the best performers, and hopefully Gannon should be back next week to add to the options.

I think he'll go straight back into RF in place of Vemmelund, then hopefully Gartland will be close to returning, and O'Donnell should be back to start next week away to Limerick after coming on as a sub, so the injury list is slowly improving at last.

Its probably all too late for a league challenge, but we should be in much stronger state by the end of the month, will see how we go from there. Need to back it up with consistent results first though.

Patrick Hoban was an interested spectator tonight.
    Last edited by oriel; 12/05/2017 at 11:34 PM.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts
    Solid performance from Rovers tonight. Our defense is now starting to get some confidence. I was impressed by our players timing in the tackle and their decision making of when to tackle. The team seem to be bonding well, great support from both sets of fans and their overseas visitors.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    I really hate football.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by El-Pietro View Post
    If we drop a couple of points on average every game this round we'd drop 22 points. I somehow think thats unlikely.
    Fair play to Galway, looks like they were good value for their point.

Unbelievable start to the season for us all the same.
    Hope springs eternal etc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts
    Robbie Benson back is like a new signing.
    Tough 1st half and the dundalk we know we're out in the 2nd. If we can maintain that intensity and from the start we may be able to get on a run.
    Limerick next. Tough one.

Tbh there is nothing we can do about cork until we face them. Hopefully the galway result plants a seed of doubt in their mind. Hopefully they'll regret ordering the victory bus

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    326 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    I really hate football.
    I too also hate this ball with the foot game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts
    Au contraire, I was quite in love with it tonight. A cracking game of football in Galway, we are much the better side in first 45 minutes, struggled to get going in second half but was crucial we hit back within 2 or 3 minutes of conceding. Fully deserved the point. That McCormack lad is a serious bit of business, himself and McNulty kept City in it in the first half, was between them and Stephen Folan for top performance. Won't matter a sh!te though if we don't beat Harps at home next Friday

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
    I've strolled into the last few Dublin derbies in Dalyer and Tallaght mere minutes before KO and there was never an issue with tickets. Anyone got any ideas why there's a shortage of tickets tonight?
    They were all bought by people.

OK performance by Rovers. Probably should have got a couple more after going 2-0 up but Bradley's teams always seem happy to close out a lead. Second clean sheet of the season is overdue. **** Bohs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    Jamie McGrath will take all the plaudits following his hat trick at op tonight but the real star of show was Robbie Benson.
    McGrath was excellent but Benson's return was the real vital factor as Dundalk finally found some gearss in a second half performance that blew the bit o red away.
    Both sides were poor first half and neither really landed a blow but Dundalk sparked into life early in the second and it was one way traffic from then with Sligo looking pish poor.
    Dundalk had several 1st team regs on the bench back from injuries.
    Great performances from McGrath and Benson, vemmuland was solid and chipped in with another goal.seems like we're going the right way and players coming back.

Lyttle at Sligo has a job ahead of him
    Not saying that for attention but yee were poor tonight.very, Very poor

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts
    The bottom of the table seems to get tighter and tighter each week...

Galway v Harps and Pat's v Sligo next weekend, while Bohs are away at Bray and Drogheda are in Cork.

If Galway win, we'd most likely move up to 7th if Pat's v Sligo is a draw. Harps would jump to the same points too (just worse GD so only 8th).

Tonight Pat's jumped from bottom to 8th, it looks like it will change every game week and it will be a different club in crisis, with Bohs now replacing Pat's as the club going down!
    I phoned the speaking clock to hear a voice speak, it said - "At the tone you will be very much alone"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodquayBoy View Post
    Au contraire, I was quite in love with it tonight. A cracking game of football in Galway, we are much the better side in first 45 minutes, struggled to get going in second half but was crucial we hit back within 2 or 3 minutes of conceding. Fully deserved the point. That McCormack lad is a serious bit of business, himself and McNulty kept City in it in the first half, was between them and Stephen Folan for top performance. Won't matter a sh!te though if we don't beat Harps at home next Friday
    Aye and he is a local lad from just outside Dundalk.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JC_GUFC View Post
    The bottom of the table seems to get tighter and tighter each week...

Galway v Harps and Pat's v Sligo next weekend, while Bohs are away at Bray and Drogheda are in Cork.

If Galway win, we'd most likely move up to 7th if Pat's v Sligo is a draw. Harps would jump to the same points too (just worse GD so only 8th).

Tonight Pat's jumped from bottom to 8th, it looks like it will change every game week and it will be a different club in crisis, with Bohs now replacing Pat's as the club going down!
    The irony being that everyone is scrapping for something (bar Cork's incredible start). There isnt a side that isnt in the hunt for Europe or trying stay out of the bottom 3 just as the league format is going to change. Maybe there has been a stumble across a league format that fits the bill of keeping everyones attention. Dont reduce the league but just have 3 up or down lol. 2 automatic relegation and a fair playoff with 3rd in the 1st. By fair I mean playoff thats not weighted in favour of the premier side maybe a neutral venue one game affair if not over 2 legs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    Choke City have their first wobble and Pen-Maguire fails to get a late goal despite the ref playing 15 mins of injury time. The league is ours.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Rovers up for it last night,2 good goals .Bohs were awful.Just like 5 other clubs....relegation material.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    Maybe there has been a stumble across a league format that fits the bill of keeping everyones attention. Dont reduce the league but just have 3 up or down lol. 2 automatic relegation and a fair playoff with 3rd in the 1st. By fair I mean playoff thats not weighted in favour of the premier side maybe a neutral venue one game affair if not over 2 legs.
    Next season's format hasn't been announced but I'm pretty sure it's going to be something of a closed shop - or as much they can get away with. If it's anything more than 1 down and 1 playoff I'd be very surprised.

I think the fact that things are so tight is probably a good reflection on the overall standard. Usually there would be 1 or 2 teams who'd be completed tailed off but there is no team who is clearly the worst. Even in Division 1 the average standard has risen, Waterford aren't walking the league as expected and even struggled against Wexford last night.
    I phoned the speaking clock to hear a voice speak, it said - "At the tone you will be very much alone"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Live audio analysis of this evening's Limerick/Derry game, for those who might be interested, at www.mixlr.com/limerick-soccer-live.

Noel O'Connor will be my second for this one.
    Last edited by AlanOB; 13/05/2017 at 6:14 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AlanOB View Post
    Live audio analysis of this evening's Limerick/Derry game, for those who might be interested, at www.mixlr.com/limerick-junior-soccer.

Noel O'Connor will be my second for this one.
    That link doesn't appear to be working.

Radio Foyle will have live commentary here anyway: http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/player/bbc_radio_foyle

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    www.mixlr.com/limerick-soccer-live is the link!

Cheers for the heads up.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Ok Eurovision will be on our TV tonight so I will be checking the UCD Longford game updates quite a lot so what are the predictions- for me UCD are always tough at home so I'd back them - thoughts?

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    The game is in Longford. I'd still back UCD however.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast