Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Away v Sligo Rovers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts

Away v Sligo Rovers

Well this one is a huge one. A win can leave us just 3 points off 2nd with two massive home games to come.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Massive alright. So tight that a loss would leave us 5th only 7 points from last place. We need to string a few wins together.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Definitely winnable. They've a new manager but same poor squad as when we played them on opening night. A win here really sets up the Bray and Derry matches

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Embarrassing absolutely terrible not a bit of effort shown by some of em.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bluewhitearmy View Post
    Embarrassing absolutely terrible not a bit of effort shown by some of em.
    Less said the better !!!!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennycon View Post
    Less said the better !!!!
    Why not??if this was Russells result he would be slaughtered.three goal defeat,by all accounts should have been doubled,to a team we hammered early season.plenty to be said i would think.hopefully people who were at the game will come on and give their views.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    it was back to reality, looked like a training session no pace to limericks game what so ever, so many players didn't turn up so frustrating for willie Boland after some very good results.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    You were there KC?Amazing that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Oh there is plenty to be said if my battery wasn't low I'd be on a rant.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Worst in years.

Rodrigo scored a hat trick off balls from out wide first time out against Sligo. (It's because their centre half's are terrible)

Yesterday we delivered zero balls from out wide.

Like how the **** can you possibly even try to begin to justify that?

The change at the start of the second half where Clarke was replaced by O'Flynn with Lee Jay going wide left was a bizarre Russellesque mess of a substitution.

I could get into individual performances but what's the point with the coaching situation.

Manager needed....

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    999 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by da bishop View Post
    hopefully people who were at the game will come on and give their views.
    Awful from start to finish.

Asleep completely for the first goal - a ball to the far post that was headed back arcoss the area. While Limerick defenders stood waiting for each other to deal with it, Cretaro got time to smash it into the top corner.

The second was even worse - Clarke came for a long free-kick hoofed into the box, so Williams left it for him, but a Sligo player got in to hook it away from Clarke before it reached him, and it fell for Ayunga to tap home (he had plenty of time to do so).

The third was a flat ball across the 6 yard box. Paul O'Conor tried to intercept when he didn't need to, forcing Clarke into a save, but Sligo were fastest to react to tap in.

Poor performances all over the place, especially in midfield, where we gave the ball away all night long. Everything was very slow and predictable.

As LTID said, sacrificing a winger to get another striker on, when your best chance of goals is through crosses, is baffling. Tony Whitehead hoofing the same diagonal ball that hasn't worked the 45 previous times, is baffling.

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lim till i die View Post

The change at the start of the second half where Clarke was replaced by O'Flynn with Lee Jay going wide left was a bizarre Russellesque mess of a substitution.
    Quote Originally Posted by osarusan View Post
    As LTID said, sacrificing a winger to get another striker on, when your best chance of goals is through crosses, is baffling. Tony Whitehead hoofing the same diagonal ball that hasn't worked the 45 previous times, is baffling.
    Only reason I could think for that was the success that came when they did it last week. O'Flynn and Tosi became a handful when O'Flynn came on with him up top against Shamrock Rovers and i'd say Willie was hoping for the same. Lee Jay started getting a few crosses in and Ogbene got in for the goal also. I thought taking off Clarke was the wrong decision last week but it paid off then.

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    999 Posts
    At two down, I'd have preferred to see O'Conor, Lynch, or even Duggan going off.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jofspring View Post
    Only reason I could think for that was the success that came when they did it last week. O'Flynn and Tosi became a handful when O'Flynn came on with him up top against Shamrock Rovers and i'd say Willie was hoping for the same. Lee Jay started getting a few crosses in and Ogbene got in for the goal also. I thought taking off Clarke was the wrong decision last week but it paid off then.
    Far too much was made of JOFs part in it last week tbh we were already in top of em last week when he came on. Not having a go at John or anything but you would think he turned the game the way some went on. Lee J Lynch is not a winger he has never been a winger and he has never worked on the wing for us it's not what he does.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by da bishop View Post
    You were there KC?Amazing that.
    Ahhhhhh yes Jesus you have it bad Hahaha

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    John o flynn hasn't played much football in the last two years and it showed for me he is an impact player Clarke ran out of steam and I would love to see lee jay get a run of games behind a front two he has loads of energy and pace

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    We've been poor so many times this season especially at home and got away with it our luck finally ran out not good getting a beating off Sligo we need to beat Derry now were a mid table team at best

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Lastnight was honest to god no exaggeration one of the worst performances I have ever seen as a Limerick fan there is literally not a single positive to take from it at all. Now I won't be going over the top in terms of what it means for the season cos if we win next week it all swings again how tight things are but as a one off performance it was embarrassingly awful.

Nobody at all could be considered to have a good game but I felt sorry for Lee J and Duggan what are they supposed to do to push us forward when the ball is being boomed over their heads for 90 minutes. On more than one occasion Duggy got on the ball pulled their midfielder away to create space for Lee J touched it back to Tony or Robbie who needed just roll it into Lee J but instead bang diag or bang down the line its no use whatsoever when you have someone like Tosi up top. Even when Tosi did manage to win the ball it was of no use to us cos if it fell to Lee J he had no help at all cos the team has reverted back to dropping way too deep. Its well known I am no huge fan of Martin Russell as a manager and his style of overdoing it at the back but lastnight was way too much the other way hoofball rubbish don't over do it at the back should not mean don't bother to even look for a pass out.

Dan Murray had a point on Soccer Republic about us too tbh you score against us its almost guaranteed you will be getting something from the game. Did we even have a shot on target apart from Lee Js free?