Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: LOI fixtures 28th/29th April

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Four quick thoughts on the Rovers/Limerick game here.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AlanOB View Post
    Four quick thoughts on the Rovers/Limerick game here.
    Pretty much agree with what you said there but just another point that im not sure will get the credit, when mcallister went of injured it meant Byrne was going to have to stay on the full game and ogbene was switched to that flank and the goal actually came from his pace getting past Byrne's understandably tired legs. Also Bradley was right in bringing bone on but he should have come on for mcallister, kept the wingers on and used the great range of passing bone and finn have to pick out the wingers and stretch limerick on the back foot. It's the little things costing Rovers just now but I think just a bit of confidence and a 4th place finish isnt out of reach.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Yeah, as I said in the piece, I had no problem with Bone's introduction -- it was the unnecessary, negative, change of shape that went with it, that I am objecting to.

Great point about McAllister's injury forcing Byrne to see out the game and fall victim to Ogbene's run though.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AlanOB View Post
    Yeah, as I said in the piece, I had no problem with Bone's introduction -- it was the unnecessary, negative, change of shape that went with it, that I am objecting to.

Great point about McAllister's injury forcing Byrne to see out the game and fall victim to Ogbene's run though.
    I was the exact same for the sub, i think bone is a great player and was delighted to see him come on but disappointing to see who it was for. Hopefully Bradley learns from it though and doesn't make the same mistake twice. Also good travelling crowd from Limerick, plenty of noise from them throughout.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Another El Classico hat trick for a Town striker. Three games, three hat tricks this season. As Martinho pointed out previously there was only one from either side prior to this season.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    536 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Longfordian View Post
    Another El Classico hat trick for a Town striker. Three games, three hat tricks this season. As Martinho pointed out previously there was only one from either side prior to this season.
    this is something I will try to investigate further but I think Enda Curran is the first town sub to get a hattrick for us since we joined the league of ireland!

just checked this out. Enda Curran is the first town sub to get a hattrick.

Its also the first time ever in a season that we have got three different hattricks in the same season!
    Last edited by Martinho II; 29/04/2017 at 11:56 PM.
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

7. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts
    1st goal shouldn't of been currens. Og if anything. Crossed the line after hitting labuts arm. But that's not important.
    Athlone are a disgrace. We finally got the proof last night about what's been going on. Never been happier when that longford 3rd went in it's all gonna blow up very soon.

9. Thanks From:

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    817 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ATFC-1887 View Post
    1st goal shouldn't of been currens. Og if anything. Crossed the line after hitting labuts arm. But that's not important.
    Athlone are a disgrace. We finally got the proof last night about what's been going on. Never been happier when that longford 3rd went in it's all gonna blow up very soon.
    The second goal was all the proof I needed. Absolutely unbelievable what's going on there

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ATFC-1887 View Post
    Haven't you or some Athlone fan on here at least been saying this for ages about having proof and it blowing up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts
    https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...66036543512449
    Federbet are investigating it.
    I will tell you that there was massive money put on longford to score in the last few minutes last night. It's all being done in China. It happened during the ucd away game too. It's all gonna come out very soon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Doesn't there need to be an FAI assessor at every game? If something was a bit peculiar, surely they'd have been asking questions by now?
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    Doesn't there need to be an FAI assessor at every game? If something was a bit peculiar, surely they'd have been asking questions by now?
    They do know about it. UEFA are investigating i believe. If the FAI do something or cover it up is a different story. Fran Gavin said he met the investor, which he didnt. Do they are leaving themselves open big time.
    Athlone Town AFC 1887-2017

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    817 Posts
    Aaron Brilly has left athlone now. Had enough of the circus and wanted to get away from the entire thing before it all blows up. Strangest game of football I've ever seen last night. Something not right

16. Thanks From:

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    536 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by outspoken View Post
    Aaron Brilly has left athlone now. Had enough of the circus and wanted to get away from the entire thing before it all blows up. Strangest game of football I've ever seen last night. Something not right
    that fourth manager of the season with Athlone was a pumped up idiot! thought he was at a rave!
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    817 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinho II View Post
    that fourth manager of the season with Athlone was a pumped up idiot! thought he was at a rave!
    The foreign lad was in charge last night Marty, don't know why the other fella was listed but Cravo was 100% calling the shots. His behaviour on the line was a disgrace. 4th official bottled sending him to the Stand. Tried starting fights woth our bench and everything

19. Thanks From:

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    I'll admit to knowing feck all about the vagaries of the odds markets, but it seems the Athlone fans have captured an apparently significant movement in the odds for one more goal just before we scored our third, which Athlone gifted us. It suddenly went odds on with three minutes left. Maybe someone with more knowledge would be able to explain what kind of money would cause this swing but it's unlikely to be a coincidence.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    817 Posts
    I'll admit to knowing feck all about the vagaries of the odds markets, but it seems the Athlone fans have captured an apparently significant movement in the odds for one more goal just before we scored our third, which Athlone gifted us. It suddenly went odds on with three minutes left. Maybe someone with more knowledge would be able to explain what kind of money would cause this swing but it's unlikely to be a coincidence.
    Like yourslef I wouldn't know the science behind it but some of the stuff I'm seeing online makes it hard to believe this isn't been flagged up more than just on forums and a few twitter pages

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    205 Posts
    There are better qualified people on here that can answer this question, but I would say it wouldn't take a huge pile considering that there wouldn't be a massive amount of money on the game.
    Sporting F*ck All!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts
    It would take massive money. An expert in the area described it to me as the only way a match could be 0.76 on to be over 3.5 goals with 3 minutes left is if there is massive money, at least high 6 figures at minimum, or it's Barcelona against an under 5s team.
    We have discovered this pattern in at least 4 games this season. Bohemains pre season. UCD away. Waterford and longford. Maybe more. It's being heavily investigated and all these games are believe to be fixed.
    This is much bigger than any of you realise. This is a massive betting ring. The guy behind it all owns 5 or 6 clubs all over Europe. And they are all match fixing clubs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts
    Athlone Town AFC 1887-2017

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast