Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Limerick v Galway

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts

Limerick v Galway

So same team again? Saw them play against Pats and they were very very poor but I reckon they will have Gavin Holohan and Kevin Devaney back for this one who should make a difference. If we get a similar performance to Drogs is it time to really look at Willie John for the job or not?

Against Pats they set up in what I think was supposed to be 3-5-2 but ended up looking more like a 3-5-1-1 for most of the game Ronan Murray is a very good player and will be dangerous. The good news is Folan is the anchor of their back 3 so if we see the old Stephen Tosi could have a field day but I am prepared for the old having a blinder against the former club routine.

What are ye expecting from it?

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Ya same again. As I said before the Drogs game they need to keep rewarding good performances and build some cohesion in the starting 11.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluewhitearmy View Post
    Folan is the anchor of their back 3
    Lol.

What are ye expecting from it?
    A comfortable victory in that case!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Expect to see our midfield concede many more goals like that. 2 points dropped.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Very unconvincing again Galway there for the taking in the first half should have been over at half time ,Second half we were poor Galway deserved the draw what a goal unreal but just like cork no closing down let him shoot , I presume lee j was injured if he wasn't madness taking him off best player on the pitch worked his socks off Robson very impressive as was the defence in general , were lacking up front big time tosi truly awful kept losing the ball o Flynn worked half but too isolated we badly need a player up there with pace , ogbene showed again how frustrating he is decent first half poor second half he's great if you give him time and space he'll murder you close him down he does not want to know about it just not good enough, don't see much difference under Boland we don't ***** around with the ball at the back other than that not good enough but maybe the team is not good enough mid table team at best from what I've seen , there are alot of poor teams in the prem this season that's our only saving grace

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts
    Jesus

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Fair result ,Limerick well on top first half,Galway improved second half ,the switch in shape and Flaherty,s arrival proving vital.Folan very good for Galway,our Sunderland loanee excellent all game.7 pts out of 9 for Willie.......GIVE him the job i hear them say .....ehmmm.?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Very poor second half we lack so much pace up top , great goal from Galway point fair result Boland should be given a chance

New Signing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Bit off topic, but Keith Wallace coming back? Saw a few tweets about it and he was at the drogs match last week....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Disappointed with the result but over the 3 premier games Boland has been in charge much happier with the style of play. Less risk taking at the back. Dozie and Robson growing in confidence. Midfield trio look more comfortable in their roles. O Connor playing deeper is allowing Duggie to get forward more often. I think they'll get better as the weeks go on. The board need to make a decision sooner rather than later for the sake of continuity. Personally if it's possible I'd leave Willie in charge.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Proper game of two halves wasn't it. We really should have been out of sight at half time some poor decision making when chances presented themselves. I dunno whether it was Galways change of shape or the fact Tosi and Lee J weren't holding the ball up as well as they can but we just got deeper and deeper second half and although he was having an off day taking Lee J off for Hery killed any hope of that changing. I like Bastien and think he could be a great tool in the right games but it was never a game for him yesterday and he looked lost as soon as he came on Mulhall should have been taken off before Lee J not just because he was having a hard day going forward but he looked out on his feet for a good while before he was taken off.

Galway still created nothing that I can think of really even in the second half and I thought we were on the way to scraping out a win while playing poorly until a fantastic strike got them the point although it was us dropping back that led to them even getting in position to have that. Frustrating in that every time we seem to be on the way to making a run at things we seem to splutter a bit but I think some people are going way over the top with how bad it was. 4 points from next week and I don't think it will turn out to be a bad point at all.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    It's a dreadful point in fairness. Last placed team, as you said, they created nothing, we were at home. We played very little football in the 2nd half, should have been home and hosed. Willie has done a good job and I would be happy for him to be manager....But we have also had the 3 softest games of the season just now. Needed those 3 points last night. Duggie and Paul are not getting it done defensively, if nothing changes you will see us be victim of many "wonder" strikes in MF over the season. It's not such a shock when you give premier players acres of space and a free shot off a perfect surface that they will hit the top corner regularly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fieldofmarkets View Post
    It's a dreadful point in fairness. Last placed team, as you said, they created nothing, we were at home. We played very little football in the 2nd half, should have been home and hosed. Willie has done a good job and I would be happy for him to be manager....But we have also had the 3 softest games of the season just now. Needed those 3 points last night. Duggie and Paul are not getting it done defensively, if nothing changes you will see us be victim of many "wonder" strikes in MF over the season. It's not such a shock when you give premier players acres of space and a free shot off a perfect surface that they will hit the top corner regularly.
    We should be beating teams like Galway 100% but I definitely think it remains to be seen whether its a good point or not. I don't think we needed the points at all needed em for what exactly? Would have been nice to have em and we should be getting em in these kind of games but don't think we are in a position to need certain points yet. Agree on the space given to Cawley and the lacking defensively lands at Russells feet imo the dogs on the street knew we needed a defensive/holding midfielder and he did nothing to address it same thing for a centre back although I think Tony has stepped up to it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    The absolute best thing about last night was the crowd. Very impressive.

Random thoughts:

Stephen Folan gave a really good impression of a competent centre half which was kinda worth seeing.

I think the Brendan Clarke v Freddie Hall debate is over.

It should come as a surprise to no one that 59 year old Rodrigo Tosi looks poor when left isolated against three centre half's.

Chris Mulhall was absolutely ******ed after about fifty minutes and was an obvious first sub.

When he's arsed Robbie Williams is a cut above most defenders in the league.

We don't take enough shots.

As to Willie getting the job - aside from the fact he doesn't have the badges for it and aside from the fact he'd be absolutely off his game to want it, I haven't heard one good reason why he should get it? Well, I heard one arguably good reason (he'd be cheap) but I don't agree with it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lim till i die View Post
    The absolute best thing about last night was the crowd. Very impressive.

Random thoughts:

Stephen Folan gave a really good impression of a competent centre half which was kinda worth seeing.

I think the Brendan Clarke v Freddie Hall debate is over.

It should come as a surprise to no one that 59 year old Rodrigo Tosi looks poor when left isolated against three centre half's.

Chris Mulhall was absolutely ******ed after about fifty minutes and was an obvious first sub.

When he's arsed Robbie Williams is a cut above most defenders in the league.

We don't take enough shots.

As to Willie getting the job - aside from the fact he doesn't have the badges for it and aside from the fact he'd be absolutely off his game to want it, I haven't heard one good reason why he should get it? Well, I heard one arguably good reason (he'd be cheap) but I don't agree with it.
    This is spot on and what I meant by poor decision making in good spots Mulhall and Ogbene had great chances that they messed up by taking extra touches when the shot was on.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Tony has been excellent in fairness. We only needed the points in relation to our supposed goal of finishing in a European spot (assuming 4th). If you look over the season, there are so many points we have to acquire, leaving those 2 behind means​ we have to pick up another 2 more difficult points along the way...Like 6 in the next 2 games for instance instead of 4 (or in the next round).
    We didn't just get relegated in Ballybofey for instance, we got relegated when we gave away that stupid free kick to Bray at MF in the last minute and lost the game.
    It's all so tight too, we could lose in Derry and Rovers and all of a sudden we are in right trouble again.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Absolutely. Nothing more frustrating than the shooting opportunity there and not taking it and losing the chance. Hit the blasted thing....I don't care if it's your bad foot...Just put your foot through it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fieldofmarkets View Post
    Tony has been excellent in fairness. We only needed the points in relation to our supposed goal of finishing in a European spot (assuming 4th). If you look over the season, there are so many points we have to acquire, leaving those 2 behind means​ we have to pick up another 2 more difficult points along the way...Like 6 in the next 2 games for instance instead of 4 (or in the next round).
    We didn't just get relegated in Ballybofey for instance, we got relegated when we gave away that stupid free kick to Bray at MF in the last minute and lost the game.
    It's all so tight too, we could lose in Derry and Rovers and all of a sudden we are in right trouble again.
    Ya I made my point poorly tbh what I meant is that if we pull of a shock result (would winning in Derry be one?) then we have them points back and it won't look as bad. I think the reason I am not as upset about this one as say Harps or Bohs is because I expect Willie to change things up now off the back of it and for us to play differently to how we did in this one whereas before the exact same thing would have been in store Tuesday.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Fair enough. I do hope he has some adjustments in mind. Although tough to know how to setup against Derry tbh. Are they vulnerable or will we see a backlash from their recent poor form.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bluewhitearmy View Post
    Proper game of two halves wasn't it. We really should have been out of sight at half time some poor decision making when chances presented themselves. I dunno whether it was Galways change of shape or the fact Tosi and Lee J weren't holding the ball up as well as they can but we just got deeper and deeper second half and although he was having an off day taking Lee J off for Hery killed any hope of that changing. I like Bastien and think he could be a great tool in the right games but it was never a game for him yesterday and he looked lost as soon as he came on Mulhall should have been taken off before Lee J not just because he was having a hard day going forward but he looked out on his feet for a good while before he was taken off.

Galway still created nothing that I can think of really even in the second half and I thought we were on the way to scraping out a win while playing poorly until a fantastic strike got them the point although it was us dropping back that led to them even getting in position to have that. Frustrating in that every time we seem to be on the way to making a run at things we seem to splutter a bit but I think some people are going way over the top with how bad it was. 4 points from next week and I don't think it will turn out to be a bad point at all.
    Lee jay was very poor, he covers some ground but constructive running in the final third was need, Chris is not a cousin to a midfielder, Duggan needs to step up to the mark he hasn't started this season ,

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast