Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Limerick v Cork EA Cup

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts

Limerick v Cork EA Cup

So people really care too much about this one or just want it out of the way? Personally if we can change all 11 I'd be happy.

Hoping we see the likes of Kainz and Walsh for the first time won't be bad for the likes of Dave O'Connor to get some game time. What team would people put out?

International Prospect NeverFeltBetter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    581 Posts
    I don't know, Limerick spent a lot of the second half against Drogs in cruise control, so fatigue might not be as much of an issue as it could have been. Cork are sure to send a weaker team than they did for their last visit, so the chance to progress is there.

In the end it comes down to how valuable he club considers the League Cup to be relative to what else is happening this season. Last year it was a very useful way to test a team that was swatting the FD clubs like flies, this year it's an ill-scheduled distraction in the push to solidify a top four spot. I'd certainly rest a good few players.
    Author of Never Felt Better (History, Film Reviews).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    I can't actually think of a team but I suppose if all is fit it could go something like

Hall

Kainz,Cotter/Brouder,O'Connor,Tracy

O'Connell,Hery

Coughlan

Turner,Clarke,Kenny

No idea if Tracy is fit or not though tbh.

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    999 Posts
    What's the story with that Scottish ex-Rangers lad? Is he still around?

For the Cork game, we're likely to be beaten anyway so I'd be happy to change as much as possible, so it can be kind of set aside, and keep momentum going for Friday.

Having said that I'd imagine Caulfield is thinking much the same thing. If we could beat them (even their 2nd string) it would be a great boost.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by osarusan View Post
    What's the story with that Scottish ex-Rangers lad? Is he still around?

For the Cork game, we're likely to be beaten anyway so I'd be happy to change as much as possible, so it can be kind of set aside, and keep momentum going for Friday.

Having said that I'd imagine Caulfield is thinking much the same thing. If we could beat them (even their 2nd string) it would be a great boost.
    Walsh the Rangers lad is there should see him at some stage tomorrow if he is fit.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts
    Didn't Walsh pick up a injury in training on his first few days here I haven't a clue of he is fit again hasn't been near the squad anyway.

Be interesting to see what sort of attendance will come out today.

Caulfield said he will make 6 or 7 changes but when he named out the players who will get a game it shows what a serious squad they have.

For us likes of
    Hall
    Hery
    O connor
    Kainz
    Turner
    Clarke
    O flynn
    Kenny
    Goes to show how strong our squad is

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    999 Posts
    I am guessing season tickets don't cover this one?

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by osarusan View Post
    I am guessing season tickets don't cover this one?
    Ya not covered. Not allowed to cover it with season tickets due to split in gate.

Bought my stand ticket on Saturday night, €10.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Hall

Kainz
    Whithead
    O'Connor
    Robson

Hery
    O'Connor
    Lynch

Turner
    O'Flynn
    Clarke

Could even swap Kenny for Turner, the new lad Walsh if fit could be in. Garbhan might get a run instead of Lynch in behind O'Flynn. Some great options for tonight and allow some key players to rest. A lot of games coming thick and fast.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts
    11 changes for Limerick this result was always on the cards cork named a strong side aswell.

I thought the right full was very poor left huge space for cork to run into example the 3rd goal cork also missed a sitter 2nd half on his side aswell also the corner leading up to the 3rd goal was also down his side.

Not overly bothered with the result is thought cotter defended well lost the ball a few times going forward but he is a young lad I thought he did ok.

Hery played well Clarke poor Turner poor Kenny worse

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Barry cotter aside terrible not many positives after that cork had a strong side out yes but so many players half hearted serious lack of effort by the likes of turner we were too lax all over the field , Walsh all huff and puff no end product pass the ****ing ball , there miles ahead of us and I suppose most teams even our first team would struggle to match the team they put out tonight , what has happened dean Clarke playing with no confidence not a relation to the player he was last time he was with us

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    999 Posts
    I wouldn't call Cotter that much of a postivie myself. Thought his positioning was poor and his decision-making too. Is he really a centre-half?

Walsh was busy but yeah, needed to get his head up and pass. He generally kept the ball well I thought. I thought Kainz was ok too. Not great but not awful.

In general, they were a bunch of players that had never really played together before, and it showed. Overall, I wouldn't be too harsh on them.

But, as for the two lads that are on the fringes: Turner and Kenny were woeful. Was Kenny supposed to be some kind of playmaker? He has the worst delivery in the whole team. Turner is just slow, everything is slow, position is a second too late, control is slow, pass is a second too late, stepover was telegraphed last week. He sucks two opposition players to him with the farcical notion that he is going to get past them, realises he can't, and then passes to the right full who is immediately under pressure because of the two players Turner allowed to close him down.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Yeah I expected Kenny to be decent but looks out of his depth at this level he looked lost in the position he was played tonight that's for sure our midfield was poor hery decent when he has the ball does not work hard enough without it but you could say that about a few , though kainz was ok got caught out a few times , if you were turner playing against your old club you'd bust a gut to impress that's twice he has done anything but awful , Clarke had a good game good keeper Dave o Connor is good aswell

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Felt bad for Kenny in the middle of park. I thought that should have been the change at half time.

Only positives to take out of it is a bit of experience for Cotter, didn't think Kainz was terrible, I would expect more from him with better players around him and any potential new manager watching would probably have a list of players he is not interested in keeping.

If we pick up the 3 points Friday then the second string out tonight will be totally worth it.

International Prospect NeverFeltBetter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    581 Posts
    A bit disappointing to hear, but I'd be more upset if we dropped points to Galway. We can give the FAI Cup a proper go later in the season.
    Author of Never Felt Better (History, Film Reviews).

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I was really disappointed in Dean Clarke and Turner tonight. Clarke looks a shadow of the player who played with us 2 years ago. It seemed like he didn't try at all tonight and when he doesn't he offers very little to the team. No buzz about him. He's confidence seems to be at rock bottom. He's better than what he is currently showing.

I cant work out Turner. He has games were he can look very dangerous such as against Sligo. Tonight and for much of the season however he has been ponderous and as Osarusan has mentioned 'slow'. I think when teams deny him space and time to deliver crosses he offers nothing. Aaron Greene is showing how much better a player he is and i think we really miss he's pace and trickery.

Not disastrous losing to Cork tonight but the fringe players showed no fight at all. When Duggan and Lynch are out we have very little fight or needle in the team.