Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Purchasing Matchday Tickets

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Purchasing Matchday Tickets

A number of people have expressed disappointment to me recently that advance ticket sales are only available from Mcmahons butchers and a shop in Bruff. I see Waterford are now selling their tickets through tickets.ie. This is quite a good system and is used by the GAA. Tickets are available in dozens of super value and centra outlets throughout the city and county. I presume there is a percentage cost incurred obviously but if Waterford feel it's viable for their attendances I'm sure Limerick would too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    The current ticket outlets are terrible. I know last season many of us used POS galtee fuels in singland. It was far more accessible. Not sure why the club are making pre match ticket sales so awkward.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    A small thing in regards to tickets but one which I find irritating. The club advertises a number of deals on the website regards General Admission Prices. 1 adult & 1 under 12 sees a €3 discount etc etc. However I have never been offered this though the booths outside or indeed in the butchers. I seem to remember something about having to buy 'specials' like this in advance. This was flagged on social media before season started but I haven't seen reference since and there doesn't seem to be anywhere to buy them online either. http://www.limerickfc.ie/club-shop/match-prices

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ancient Rush View Post
    A small thing in regards to tickets but one which I find irritating. The club advertises a number of deals on the website regards General Admission Prices. 1 adult & 1 under 12 sees a €3 discount etc etc. However I have never been offered this though the booths outside or indeed in the butchers. I seem to remember something about having to buy 'specials' like this in advance. This was flagged on social media before season started but I haven't seen reference since and there doesn't seem to be anywhere to buy them online either. http://www.limerickfc.ie/club-shop/match-prices
    I've a similar complaint. For tonights match I bought tickets for the corporate box for myself and three kids and was charged €50 (the only configuration in their pricing I can see matching that is 2x adults+2xkids) when I thought I'd be charged €41. I didn't have time to argue the toss as the game had kicked off and I'd yet to meet up with one of the kids who was being dropped off by a parent.
    " I wish to God that someone would be able to block out the voices in my head for five minutes, the voices that scream, over and over again: "Why do they come to me to die?"

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionel Ritchie View Post
    I've a similar complaint. For tonights match I bought tickets for the corporate box for myself and three kids and was charged €50 (the only configuration in their pricing I can see matching that is 2x adults+2xkids) when I thought I'd be charged €41. I didn't have time to argue the toss as the game had kicked off and I'd yet to meet up with one of the kids who was being dropped off by a parent.
    Only thing I can think of there is coporate is €20 + €10 for each child. Probably dearer because it's the coporate ones.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jofspring View Post
    Only thing I can think of there is coporate is €20 + €10 for each child. Probably dearer because it's the coporate ones.
    That's how I reckoned it as well. But it doesn't tally with price listings on the site which specify €7 for U12 in the corporate box (I'd two 11 yos and a 4 year old with me which I thought should've been €21 + me/€20 = €41)
    " I wish to God that someone would be able to block out the voices in my head for five minutes, the voices that scream, over and over again: "Why do they come to me to die?"

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    999 Posts
    I would have thought it would be the 1 adult + 2 U12 deal at €30, plus another €7 for the third child.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionel Ritchie View Post
    That's how I reckoned it as well. But it doesn't tally with price listings on the site which specify €7 for U12 in the corporate box (I'd two 11 yos and a 4 year old with me which I thought should've been €21 + me/€20 = €41)
    I'd definitely query it anyway. E-mail the club.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts
    I think I will yeah. I just found the actual tickets in my coat pocket and it specifies €10 on each of the three kids tickets. They need to tighten something up there anyway or make it clear these prices aren't available at the gate.

...and in this day and age surely it wouldn't kill them to get a paypal business account or something similar to the Waterford system.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Tickets for the next 3 home games available to purchase online from the club website. About time!

11. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Great stuff 👍

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LK37oldskool View Post
    Tickets for the next 3 home games available to purchase online from the club website. About time!
    How do you receive your ticket? Or do you just bring the email confirmation with you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Got a mail with PDF attachment. Print it off and bring it too the game. Same as you'd get concert tickets from ticket master. Barcode on PDF. Thank God no more trying to get to that butcher in arthlunkard Street.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Great news, long overdue. Crowds should be decent for next few matches given recent performances

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts
    Lads the online tickets were is the north stand €15 ticket option? Or am I blind

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    There doesn't seem to be any. They are there for the Dundalk and Bray games though. Is the stand sold out I wonder?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thomas72 View Post
    Lads the online tickets were is the north stand €15 ticket option? Or am I blind
    Maybe a certain amount are available online and they are sold out? Would need to still allocate some to the shop in bruff and the butchers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Yeah, the boutique in bruff must be jammers when tickets go on sale there.

International Prospect CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    853 Posts
    Families in sleeping bags with flasks of tea outside on the street the night before sale day.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts
    All sorted now