Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: LOI Fixtures April 7th and 8th

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by da bishop View Post
    Super result for Limerick and excellent coverage from ALANOB and his guest analyst.
    Pats very poor in the first half and Limerick deserved to be ahead at the break. Lifted it in the second half and had a couple of great chances to score, including a missed penalty. Caught on the break with a sucker punch for the second, and in fact Limerick should have scored a third. Massively disappointing after last week. I suspect it's going to be that sort of a season.
    Out for a spell, got neglected, lay on the bench unselected.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Poor game in Finn Park. Harps just allowed Dundalk set the tempo of the game really. Weren't out of it at all although until Dundalk scored.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NeverFeltBetter View Post
    2-0 win for Limerick. Huge result. Strange to think it was 1-4 the last time they played. Limerick up to 5th. Cheers to AlanOB for the coverage.
    Quote Originally Posted by da bishop View Post
    Super result for Limerick and excellent coverage from ALANOB and his guest analyst.
    Thanks for tuning in lads. Thought the debuting Conor Molan complemented me brilliantly on colour commentary.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts
    Routine win for Dundalk in FP, we were decent for half an hour in the end though it could of been 4 or 5

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    364 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    Poor game in Finn Park. Harps just allowed Dundalk set the tempo of the game really. Weren't out of it at all although until Dundalk scored.
    Sounded like a decent win for Dundalk, hopefully with the players coming back we can get better now, and go on a good run. Interesting bench tonight, O'Donnell, Mountney, Kilduff, McEleney, all 4 played significant roles in Europe last season.

That's some start by Cork, they are fairly blowing sides away, looked like they could even go up a gear tonight.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    Drogs good value for the win tonight. Shamrock Rovers were poor. I would be worried if I was a Shams fan.
    You've got no fans.

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,000 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
    Pats very poor in the first half and Limerick deserved to be ahead at the break. Lifted it in the second half and had a couple of great chances to score, including a missed penalty. Caught on the break with a sucker punch for the second, and in fact Limerick should have scored a third. Massively disappointing after last week. I suspect it's going to be that sort of a season.
    Yeah, good summary. The second came at a time i thought we might cave in, and instead it was game over.

Couple of superb saves from Clarke too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    just in from the pub and saw the game on TV but no sound on. have it recorded and might watch it over next few days. Derry were physical but no match for Cork who looked like a very hungry team with a point to prove. promises to be a great fight for top spot this year. Can Cork finally do it? looked a decent crowd there too. Fabulous looking stadium and pitch looked great too.
    ENJOY EVERY MINUTE OF EVERY DAY.

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    Overall it was a poor quality game - but from a very early stage it was clear that there was only one likely outcome. Harps were physical and had plenty of effort but were simply not at the races and it was in the dying embers of the match that Harps had their solitary shot on target.

A 3 or 4 goal win would not have flattered

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts
    As a Derry fan it still hard watch a Derry team without our captain Ryan but hopefully our player's will settle down and continue the good start to the season we were having before he died.

The Finn Harps game next Friday is going to be a bit mental though with only 1574 fans officially allowed to attend and both teams fans able to buy tickets locally I can foresee an absolute nightmare the stewards and the Gardai.

Ah well if we won out two games in hand we'll be in second place.

Corks bubble will burst soon enou4 although they did look good tonight even against a seriously weakened Derry team .
    So if you think Bohs are big read this. http://www.astronomy.ie/perpespective.html

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalymountrower View Post
    It' must be tough managing a team in a cup final every week.
    Shamrock Rovers are now more points behind the "so called big club" than Shamrock Rovers have points.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Candystripe View Post
    As a Derry fan it still hard watch a Derry team without our captain Ryan but hopefully our player's will settle down and continue the good start to the season we were having before he died.

The Finn Harps game next Friday is going to be a bit mental though with only 1574 fans officially allowed to attend and both teams fans able to buy tickets locally I can foresee an absolute nightmare the stewards and the Gardai.

Ah well if we won out two games in hand we'll be in second place.

Corks bubble will burst soon enou4 although they did look good tonight even against a seriously weakened Derry team .
    Not sure who will burst our bubble. We haven't played especially well yet this season, but I can't think of anyone who has played well against us yet. Long way to go all the same.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by El-Pietro View Post
    Not sure who will burst our bubble. We haven't played especially well yet this season, but I can't think of anyone who has played well against us yet. Long way to go all the same.
    The one certainty is that we won't maintain the 100% record all season. Some of our fans need to get a bit of a grip I feel. It can turn very, very quickly. One game at a time, and the next one is Bohs. A game we're well capable of winning.
    [/B][I]P.Esc.

14. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    347 Posts
    Dundalk did what they had to against us,we battled but never troubled them really and they cantered home .
    Apparently we should of had a penalty in the second half but I was too far away to see it ,I heard a group of Dundalk lads got arrested before the game for fighting with each other! again I didn't see it just seen a load of guards on Navenny street 10 minutes before kick off.
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    When I was walking into the match with my father and my five year old daughter,there was two "kids" who couldn't handle their drink being held by gardai,was no bad atmosphere etc just a couple of idiots who probably had a few too many cans on the bus. On the match itself,I don't think Dundalk had to get out of 2nd gear,and it was probably our cosiest win apart from Sligo in the Showgrounds. Harps set out to disrupt us and be physical early on but it didn't really work. Enjoyed the match and the grub in Naverney Grill!! On to Bray next week.The difference the Dave Mc Millan makes to our team is massive.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    364 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pablo Escobar View Post
    The one certainty is that we won't maintain the 100% record all season. Some of our fans need to get a bit of a grip I feel. It can turn very, very quickly. One game at a time, and the next one is Bohs. A game we're well capable of winning.
    Things can indeed change very quickly. Cork are in some form, but Dundalk are getting nicely into gear. I think back to crucial two week period after a break in Dundalk's euro run. We lost away to Bray and then to Galway and Cork picked up 1 point I think in the same period. As a result our lead was only cut by 1 point.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts
    Shambolic organising by Cork last night allowing youngsters interfere with the rte during their half-time segment. You would not see this carry-on at a gaa club match on tg4.
    Great professionalism display by Peter Collins and team however. Impressed with Declan Devine's contributions, Dan Murray will improve I am sure.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wonder88 View Post
    Shambolic organising by Cork last night allowing youngsters interfere with the rte during their half-time segment. You would not see this carry-on at a gaa club match on tg4.
    You also wouldn't get yobs like that as a GAA club game, though you might get a 50 year old fan getting on to the pitch to "remonstrate" with the ref.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Side issue but as harp boys are in this thread - any decent hotels near your ground - I'm thinking of overnighting it there in a few weeks for our match. Beautiful part of the world.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    347 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanDrog View Post
    Side issue but as harp boys are in this thread - any decent hotels near your ground - I'm thinking of overnighting it there in a few weeks for our match. Beautiful part of the world.
    Jackson's and Villa rose both walking distance from the ground and Kees is a little further away in Stranorlar but again a handy dander over the town,all have decent bars and food options.There's a couple of okish pubs in town,Pat Bonner's,Barrett's is where you'll find Harps fans and Heeneys is not bad it does decent grub as well.
    If you're looking for a night out after I'd suggest staying in Letterkenny again plenty of hotel options but Letterkenny would be 20/25 minutes drive from Finn Park, hope that helps.
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast