Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: National Underage Leagues and LOI underage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    I agree with you up to a point.
    Where clubs actually set up an academy with kids playing for the club the FAI should support it directly with grants that would make it worthwhile.
    where the link is just for the sake of ticking the box (Joeys and Bray , Kevins and whoever) the support should be less.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    288 Posts
    FAI confirm St Kevin's presence will be one-off without league club partnership

Crisis averted...

It's a small victory in the grand scheme of things. The FAI were facing a hugely embarrassing situation.

I hope the FAI pull some equally stupid **** next year, It will just unite the clubs against them. They might get a bit of cop and elect a league chairman that represents them then.

3. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    622 Posts
    I'm not a legal person, but surely allowing Kevin's admittance to play even one match sets a bad precedence, particularly if Kevins want to challenge any potential removal from 2018.
    Here they come! It’s the charge of the “Thanks” Brigade!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom View Post
    I'm not a legal person, but surely allowing Kevin's admittance to play even one match sets a bad precedence, particularly if Kevins want to challenge any potential removal from 2018.
    Good point. The mere fact they've even been left in set a very bad tone, first day. It shouldn't have been the case, it's a LOI competition. This is no knock on them, just my opinion.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    288 Posts
    If the clubs pulled out of the league altogether, all the work that has gone into pre-season and all the games the kids would be missing out on... It would be a heavy price to pay for them imo. Not to mention the cost.

If clubs in the same division as Kevin's were to just refuse to play them and give walkovers, the FAI would have had "a word" with each of them privately in an attempt to split them up, under the threat of fines which the FAI hardly even need a reason for under the participation agreement,

Divide and conquer is always the FAI tactic. If **** was going to go down, giving walkovers would have seen UCD, Rovers, Athlone, Bray and ourselves under huge pressure from the FAI.

Even without directly retaliating against clubs, the FAI could probably do a lot of damage if they wanted.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    So what are you legally classified as? An ethereal being? A brick? The possibilities are endless!
    Mon the Town!

8. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    622 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ArFella View Post
    So what are you legally classified as? An ethereal being? A brick? The possibilities are endless!
    I'm an inanimate carbon rod.

10. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gufcfan View Post
    FAI confirm St Kevin's presence will be one-off without league club partnership

Crisis averted...

It's a small victory in the grand scheme of things. The FAI were facing a hugely embarrassing situation.

I hope the FAI pull some equally stupid **** next year, It will just unite the clubs against them. They might get a bit of cop and elect a league chairman that represents them then.
    Another complete mess that the FAI have created.

What happens in 2018 when Kevins threaten the FAI with legal proceedings because they won't be allowed to take part ?
    The FAI have now created a precedent by allowing them compete this year.
    Total incompetence

12. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    622 Posts
    Did anyone read Neale Fenn's article (can't remember which paper) saying he wanted to move all the underage Longford teams to be based in Dublin?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    Did anyone read Neale Fenn's article (can't remember which paper) saying he wanted to move all the underage Longford teams to be based in Dublin?
    He was on LOI Weekly podcast. Basically saying that an all Longford team would be sh!te so there'd be no poing in going down that route. Sounds like the board are telling him where to go on that.

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    812 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nah Nah Nah Nah View Post
    He was on LOI Weekly podcast. Basically saying that an all Longford team would be sh!te so there'd be no poing in going down that route. Sounds like the board are telling him where to go on that.
    I've great time for Neale and listened to that interview but was disappointed by those comments (as true as they probably are) Personally think the club aren't doing enough to build its reputation locally and comments like that from the manager aren't exactly helpful especially when the 'sure they're all dubs' sh1te is constantly thrown in the face of Town fans in this county anytime we are doing half decent. I've always said I don't care where the players come from once they give it their all and obviously training in Dublin helps us attract better players but long term I would like to see the club actually based in Longford

16. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by outspoken View Post
    I've great time for Neale and listened to that interview but was disappointed by those comments (as true as they probably are) Personally think the club aren't doing enough to build its reputation locally and comments like that from the manager aren't exactly helpful especially when the 'sure they're all dubs' sh1te is constantly thrown in the face of Town fans in this county anytime we are doing half decent. I've always said I don't care where the players come from once they give it their all and obviously training in Dublin helps us attract better players but long term I would like to see the club actually based in Longford
    Are Longfords senior based in lexlip or am I confusing them with another club? Where are the underage teams currently based

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts
    Went to Rovers v Galway United yesterday. A 2-0 win for United. Charlie Concannon looks a serious prospect for Galway United. The Rovers RB looked their best player.
    It struck me at the game that these are going to be the next crop of Irish internationals as at this age group they won't yet have gone to England.

Also looking at the groups it's clear that St Kevin's have been swapped with Cabinteely. Maybe they wanted to keep Kevin's and Bohs apart.

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    812 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RathfarnhamHoop View Post
    Are Longfords senior based in lexlip or am I confusing them with another club? Where are the underage teams currently based
    Senior team based in Lexlip, youth teams based in Longford

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    https://www.thesun.ie/sport/football...education/amp/

Good article on what rovers are trying to do with their academy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts
    it's good to see clubs putting proper academy like roots down and I wish them well. Was refreshing to hear Duff talking about a pathway existing now for young footballers here, analyzing maguires debut vs Moldova.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RathfarnhamHoop View Post
    https://www.thesun.ie/sport/football...education/amp/

Good article on what rovers are trying to do with their academy
    There's inaccuracies in that article though. It was clarified on Twitter too. They don't train at 6:15am four times a week. They do it once a week and train three evenings.

Still, paying for their education and putting in close to a full time schedule is a great bit of work if they can afford to do it. It is definitely the way forward.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    There's inaccuracies in that article though. It was clarified on Twitter too. They don't train at 6:15am four times a week. They do it once a week and train three evenings.

Still, paying for their education and putting in close to a full time schedule is a great bit of work if they can afford to do it. It is definitely the way forward.
    Yeah i got it off twitter where he was corrected in the replies but i forgot to mention it.
    http://shamrockrovers.ie/2017/10/13/7455/
    Rovers have officially linked up with Ashfield now too.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    184 Posts
    So this years u19 and u17 leagues have been wrapped up. The u19 final was won by Bohs, who beat St Pats 1-0 in the final at Dalymount, while the u17 final was won by Cork City, who beat Bohs on penos (0-0 after extra time) at Turners Cross.

Anyone see any of the matches or have anything to report?? I heard the Bohs no10 for the u19s is fairly decent.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    City won all three knockout rounds on penalties in the U17s. The keeper saved 7 penalties in the three games. Thats some going.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast