Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: National Underage Leagues and LOI underage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by El-Pietro View Post
    City won all three knockout rounds on penalties in the U17s. The keeper saved 7 penalties in the three games. Thats some going.
    Thought he looked older than 17, then I relised it was Ciaran Kelly hopping in for the penos!Fix!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    217 Posts
    Hopefully Kerry will be represented in the U19 league next year. This year's U17 team were all U16 last year so got two years of U17 action having been U15 champions at the UL tournament two years ago.

If the FAI keep to a similar timescale from recent years, they should be announcing an U13 league next year for the end of 2019.

Once the U13 league is in place for a full year, it might be the time for the merits of an intermediary league between U19s and senior level to be considered by the powers that be?
    https://foot.ie/forums/117-Kerry-FC
    A Championship: 4 years - 8 first teams - 0 financially ruined. First Division '14: 7 first teams.
    Opportunity lost for new clubs/regions to join the LoI family.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    217 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GUFCghost View Post
    From that article, Mayo are behind schedule. They started in the U15s this year as opposed to the U17s.
    A Championship: 4 years - 8 first teams - 0 financially ruined. First Division '14: 7 first teams.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    184 Posts
    Is there any talk of creating an u11 league once the u13 league is up and running? Or are the u13s as young as they want to go with the national leagues?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    u13 as young as they go is the intention AFAIK.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    217 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    u13 as young as they go is the intention AFAIK.
    Yeah, that's been the plan so far.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    622 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
    Is there any talk of creating an u11 league once the u13 league is up and running? Or are the u13s as young as they want to go with the national leagues?
    Personally speaking, I think an U11 league would be a step too far. Development squads up to the 12s age is enough. Then the National Leagues from 13s is perfect.

The part that I'm not getting - and perhaps it can be explained to me by those who know better - is the National League supplementing the existing leagues, or is a separate entity?

i.e. The players involved in the National Under 15s, are not involved in local leagues, and there is no movement of players say between Crumlin Utd and St Patricks Athletic once the season starts. Or can St Pats call up players registered with the clubs that they are aligned to throughout the season?
    Here they come! It’s the charge of the “Thanks” Brigade!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom View Post
    Personally speaking, I think an U11 league would be a step too far. Development squads up to the 12s age is enough. Then the National Leagues from 13s is perfect.

The part that I'm not getting - and perhaps it can be explained to me by those who know better - is the National League supplementing the existing leagues, or is a separate entity?

i.e. The players involved in the National Under 15s, are not involved in local leagues, and there is no movement of players say between Crumlin Utd and St Patricks Athletic once the season starts. Or can St Pats call up players registered with the clubs that they are aligned to throughout the season?
    Players cannot move from schoolboy to LOI football freely, they can only move within transfer windows even if there is an affiliation between clubs. For example, a Shels U15 player playing DDSL cannot represent LOI U15 team until the transfer window is opened and the transfer is processed of moving from league to league.

There as positives and negatives to this process. Basically stops clubs with schoolboy teams alongside LOI teams stockpiling players with the promise that they'll be moved up from team to team.

9. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts
    I cannot wait for the usual suspects in local schoolboy football to have a hissy fit about "their" players being nicked by a LOI team, when they have been doing that themselves since forever. I genuinely enjoy it. I'm a bad, bad person.

11. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom View Post

They are separate entities, so you can’t have a player lining out for St Pat’s in the National u15 League one week and then for Crumlin in the DDSL the following week.
    I’m sure clubs may have arrangements in place that a player once finished his National League season can move back to his original club if he’s not ready for the next level up at the LoI club.
    I think it remains to be seen how these various arrangements work and if the established schoolboy clubs will continue to support the league, a lot may depend on how the LoI clubs work with them.
    I phoned the speaking clock to hear a voice speak, it said - "At the tone you will be very much alone"

13. Thanks From:

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts
    Our academy follows (to the extent it's possible) the model suggested in one of the Genesis reports on the league. Players stay with their own clubs, the academy provides extra coaching and development. Commitments to their own clubs take precedence where there is a clash. The academy plays friendlies and goes on trips as they aren't in a league (unfortunate, but without dual registration you can't really enter a league). Clubs get to keep their players a bit longer than they otherwise might though so it's good for relations that way. Despite all that there can still be strenuous opposition from admins of schoolboy leagues. They are willing to object to players getting extra coaching time with good coaches and alongside good players, but they're against it because.. I'm genuinely not sure. But change isn't exactly something some in schoolboy leagues embrace with gusto.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

15. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    184 Posts
    It's not all doom and gloom in Athlone.

Athlone beat St Pats 2-1 to win the u15 title.

https://www.independent.ie/sport/soc...-36353242.html

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    817 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
    It's not all doom and gloom in Athlone.

Athlone beat St Pats 2-1 to win the u15 title.

https://www.independent.ie/sport/soc...-36353242.html
    Do they get prize money for that?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    184 Posts
    Bohs are set to announce a link with St Kevins Boys.

https://www.thesun.ie/sport/football...e-partnership/

And the North Dublin Schoolboys League have got their knickers in a twist over it...

"the North Dublin Schoolboy League has confirmed they have ended their *agreement with Bohs in anticipation of them announcing a formal alliance with the club"
    Last edited by Philosophizer; 28/11/2017 at 11:11 AM. Reason: typo

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    184 Posts
    Bohs link with SKB confirmed for the next 5 yrs.

"Under the agreement, the U13/U15 Bohs-SKB partnership teams’ first kit will be the Gypsies’ iconic red and black stripes with the St Kevin’s crest on the sleeves, while the second kit will be St Kevin’s traditional tangerine.
    As well as the Bohs-SKB U13/U15 teams using St Kevin’s training facilities, the existing Bohemians U17 and U19 teams will do likewise.
    The Bohs-SKB U13/U15 teams will play their matches at St Kevin’s pitches at Shanowen Rd, while the Bohs U17 and U19 teams will play their matches at St Aidan’s."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    Good to see the child slavetraders were forced into a deal with a loi club.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    288 Posts
    Good to see the child slavetraders were forced into a deal with a loi club.
    I wouldn't be so happy about it. Kevins are basically having their cake and eating it too.

22. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    It's better then allowing them in on their own. Also the next time they want to sell a 15 year old for 5k to Stevenage they will have to share it with bohs. Hopefully over time bohs will get theirf own facilities and take over all tyhe coaching and cut Kevin's adrift

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    288 Posts
    It's better then allowing them in on their own.
    I hear what you're saying but there was no need to let them in. They have no interest in senior LOI.

25. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    184 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gufcfan View Post
    I wouldn't be so happy about it. Kevins are basically having their cake and eating it too.
    This is basically the exact same deal that the other major nurseries (belvedere, cherry orchard, home farm, st joeys) have already done with LOI other clubs. i think it's a great thing.

Love them or loathe them, the LOI clubs need to get into partnerships with these underage clubs for the betterment of irish soccer in the long run.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast