Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: National Underage Leagues and LOI underage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sulywaterfordfc View Post
    Waterford recently announced a number of partnerships with junior clubs in the south of the country.

- Two Mile Boris/St. Kevin's FC http://www.waterfordfc.ie/twomileborrisclubpartnership/
    - Ferrybank http://www.waterfordfc.ie/ferrybankclubpartnership/
    - Clonmel Town http://www.waterfordfc.ie/clonmelclubpartnership/
    - Thomastown United AFC http://www.waterfordfc.ie/thomastownclubpartnership/
    A fifth club joins the club partnership as announced earlier today. This time a Carlow based club. Clubs from Tipperary, Kilkenny, Carlow and Waterford now involved in the club partnership scheme.

- St. Patrick's Boys AFC http://www.waterfordfc.ie/st-patrick...hip-programme/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    Former hero for so many at Dundalk FC.Great lad and i'm delighted for 'T' - Hard work pays off

MULVENNA APPOINTED U15S COACH

http://www.dundalkfc.com/mulvenna-appointed-u15s-coach/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Self praise is no praise TT! It is always good to see former players especially those who genuinely care about a club being brought on board. It keeps the soul and tradition of a club being passed on to younger players and indeed fans.

4. Thanks From:

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts
    Information still fairly thin on the ground about this u15 league. Will have a huge impact on schoolboys football. How many clubs have appointed managers yet? Probably missing a few here that are already announced.

Athlone -
    Bray - Bernard Byrne
    Bohs -
    Cabo - John McShane
    Cobh - Darran O'Shea
    Cork - Dan Murray/Billy Woods
    Derry -
    Drogs -
    Dundalk - Tiarnan Mulvenna
    Galway -
    Harps - Kevin McHugh
    Kerry -
    Limerick -
    Longford -
    Mons -
    Pats - Dennis Hyland
    Rovers - Damien Duff
    Shels -
    Sligo - Conor O’Grady, Marcel Gordon, Paul Masterson
    UCD -
    Waterford - Fran Rockett
    Wexford -

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts
    I think Waterford will win this easily...I'm basing this solely on the truly fantastic name of their manager!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    215 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sulywaterfordfc View Post
    A fifth club joins the club partnership as announced earlier today. This time a Carlow based club. Clubs from Tipperary, Kilkenny, Carlow and Waterford now involved in the club partnership scheme.

- St. Patrick's Boys AFC http://www.waterfordfc.ie/st-patrick...hip-programme/
    Sensible move by Waterford, establishing links in nearby areas that have no LoI club. Firstly broadens the net for the best players in the area. It can also possibly help to encourage support from these areas.
    https://foot.ie/forums/117-Kerry-FC
    A Championship: 4 years - 8 first teams - 0 financially ruined. First Division '14: 7 first teams.
    Opportunity lost for new clubs/regions to join the LoI family.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    184 Posts
    Strange that nobody has announced a partnership with Evergreen in Kilkenny city yet. They should be next on Waterford's list you'd think.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    https://www.thesun.ie/sport/football...-u-15s-league/

G'wan the FAI. It was only a matter of time before they gave in to one of these schoolboy money-making machines.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    184 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    https://www.thesun.ie/sport/football...-u-15s-league/

G'wan the FAI. It was only a matter of time before they gave in to one of these schoolboy money-making machines.
    Ah ffs! This makes mockery of the whole thing now.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    184 Posts
    But if this story is indeed true, at least they'll still be required to enter a team into the senior league, so it's not all terrible i suppose.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    The child slave trade continues.
    These slave traders recently sent 4 children off to mighty Stevenage and were blind enough to boast about it.
    The EU should get involved here and ban child slavery until at least 18 and then at least these kids will have an education to fall back on.
    I know that's a bit nanny state but the mental health and social problems of a lot of the children who are shipped out is the dark side of the game.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,680 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
    But if this story is indeed true, at least they'll still be required to enter a team into the senior league, so it's not all terrible i suppose.
    Is the bit I highlighted definite?

I'm confused. Of course I prefer the LOI clubs to have the top-to-bottom control over the training of our better youngsters and the old fragmented model was a disaster. But is this not a sign that at least one schoolboy club has now conceded it needs to integrate into the national system? That was my instinctive reaction when I read Neil O'Riordan this morning.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    622 Posts
    There's nothing in that story to say they've to conform to anything. If they get in August, without jumping through hoops like everyone else, there'll be murder.
    Here they come! It’s the charge of the “Thanks” Brigade!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    184 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuttgart88 View Post
    Is the bit I highlighted definite?
    It's actually not. I misread the article.

Kingdom is right. If they get into the u15 league without having to enter a senior team, while the likes of Home Farm, Cherry Orchard, Belvo etc set up links with LOI clubs i can imagine that a lot of ire. Surely they wouldn't fcuk over all the other DDSL clubs and give Kevin's a free pass would they?

16. Thanks From:

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    They applied to enter a senior team before and were rejected.

They're entering an u15 side, players who will be u17 in a couple of years, so they'll need to add a team to that league. Then u19 and presumably then senior, same as how it appears the Kerry District League are doing it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    Except kevins will sell off the kids for 5k each before they reach under 17s .

19. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    622 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    They applied to enter a senior team before and were rejected.

They're entering an u15 side, players who will be u17 in a couple of years, so they'll need to add a team to that league. Then u19 and presumably then senior, same as how it appears the Kerry District League are doing it.
    Just to be fair on this, I would love, absolutely love to see Kevins in the League of Ireland, purely because of the sheer number of kids they have coming through the gates, they [B]should have a high level senior side.

They were rejected and told to follow the same practices as all other clubs, but now are just going to go it alone? It doesn't add up, and I stand by my contention that there is going to be murder.
    Here they come! It’s the charge of the “Thanks” Brigade!

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    They should have a high-level senior side but they've never been interested in having one. It was only the threat of the under-15 league that sparked them into action.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom View Post
    Just to be fair on this, I would love, absolutely love to see Kevins in the League of Ireland, purely because of the sheer number of kids they have coming through the gates, [B]they should have a high level senior side.
    It wouldnt be so bad if it worked out like that but if they are thinking of a model where youth players progress to a senior side in LoI it will be a best of the rest team as the supposed top potential talents they will still hawk off to anyone and everyone in England with scant regard for the full welfare and best pathway for those players. If they didnt have the income from player sales they would struggle badly to meet the costs of even a bottom 1st Division club unless they broaden their thinking to a Cabinteely - a ready made fanbase to develop along with the young players. Most associations have restrictions on players being signed before 18 and is enforced as we have seen in Spain even if the clubs 'managed' their sanction; I thought there were restrictions with the English FA on players moving a certain distance but this has been got round by families moving as long as that move hasnt directly been incentivised, i dont know the regulations at all well but how is it that that kids from Ireland can be signed and move to the UK? I think myself that those at St Kevins and their like really believe the are giving their top talent the best chance of a career in the game and the transfer fees are secondary but keep the show on the road as a necessary evil to them. Arrogance and symptomatic of the disregard of the senior here. At least if it ends up that there has to be progression to senior levels to enter new underage national leagues that dismissivness will fall off over time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Is there room for a Kevin's senior team?Were is their core support gonna come from?
    oh boy I'm not good at football forums

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast