Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: LOI Fixtures March 31st/April 1st

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    645 Posts
    Yeah I saw that as well the guy was a complete idiot.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    Yeah I saw that as well the guy was a complete idiot.
    I just cant think of his reasoning behind it, its just stupid vandalism that somebody has to fix now and could have seriously hurt someone.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts
    I can understand exactly why he did it: "these pr***s think it's funny to turn the sprinklers on us as we are warming up, well they won't do it again" and 'kick'. Rovers tried to be smart-arses, Harps were having none of it. Hat-tip to Harps.
    "Billy Corgan, Smashing Pumpkins."
    "Homer Simpson, smiling politely."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Be grand, sure Rovers don't need to worry about that anyway. The council will sort it out.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodquayBoy View Post
    I can understand exactly why he did it: "these pr***s think it's funny to turn the sprinklers on us as we are warming up, well they won't do it again" and 'kick'. Rovers tried to be smart-arses, Harps were having none of it. Hat-tip to Harps.
    Considering the sprinklers are automatic unless Rovers managed to manipulate Harps timing and positioning so that they set up in exactly the right position at exactly the right time so they'd be there for the sprinklers to go off at the same time as they have for every game for the last two (maybe more i cant remember) years. very sneaky of Rovers that.
    Also you'd think that at some point when kicking the sprinkler he think at least one of two things.
    1. won't bending this over mean that all water will go into a very small area potentially water logging the area and causing at least for the pitch to have a potentially dangerous area that could at least delay kick off.
    2. Wont bending this thing that goes straight up and straight down stop it from going back down and make the pitch dangerous and have the game called off.
    Then you'd really think that when a club are setting up their drills they'd ask for the sprinkler timing and plan around it because judging from the fact it has never been a problem before i'm guessing that's what every other club does.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    Be grand, sure Rovers don't need to worry about that anyway. The council will sort it out.
    Not worried about the cost of fixing it, I'm sure Harps will be billed for it. But the fact that if he had damaged it too much it may have caused the game to be called off and wasted the time of 2,500 people.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts
    Kick Sprinklers Out Of Football

8. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    873 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RathfarnhamHoop View Post
    Considering the sprinklers are automatic unless Rovers managed to manipulate Harps timing and positioning so that they set up in exactly the right position at exactly the right time so they'd be there for the sprinklers to go off at the same time as they have for every game for the last two (maybe more i cant remember) years. very sneaky of Rovers that.
    Also you'd think that at some point when kicking the sprinkler he think at least one of two things.
    1. won't bending this over mean that all water will go into a very small area potentially water logging the area and causing at least for the pitch to have a potentially dangerous area that could at least delay kick off.
    2. Wont bending this thing that goes straight up and straight down stop it from going back down and make the pitch dangerous and have the game called off.
    Then you'd really think that when a club are setting up their drills they'd ask for the sprinkler timing and plan around it because judging from the fact it has never been a problem before i'm guessing that's what every other club does.
    Watergate...so you are saying that the sprinklers are automatic to the extent that they cant be switched off? What if it was lashing rain, or they need to go on longer on a hot dry day. For the length of time they would be on (knocked over) to make a part of the pitch dangerous the drainage must be pish poor. It may not have been deliberate but they mustnt be too sophisticated if they can be turned off or the timing changed. The fitting cant be lifted if damaged and wont retract causing a game to be potentially called off. Can see jokeshop league headlines over that one - broken sprinker causes match postponement. Bit ott with the indignation there Rathrfarnham! Sprinkler times as part of matchday preperations - noted for our next visit and will be top of our managers list of preperations......

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RathfarnhamHoop View Post
    This is a travesty. Finn Harps should be docked a million points.

I'd say you're wildly over-exaggerating things here.

The sprinklers are totally automatic and Rovers had no say over what time they come on at in certain parts of the pitch? I find that wholly amusing and leaves me wondering why they don't randomly come on during the matches? Of course they have a say in what time it comes on at and exactly where they come on.

Harps shouldn't have to ask what part of the pitch the sprinklers come on. That's a ridiculous suggestion. You come out and do your warm up on the side of the pitch you are given. End. If Rovers had sprinklers due to come on in that part of the pitch during warm up, they should have been warning Harps and not leaving themselves faced with the situation where a p!ssed off coach has to go and kick it over.

Shed End.. **** off with your joe delaney stand
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    Just noticed on extratime.ie that they have a points deducted column on the league table. Never seen something like that before.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    There is plenty of time to water the pitch before players warm up. Tallaght is bog half the time anyway, it doesn't need much water.

It sounds like a juvenile attempt to intimidate Finn Harps. Given the antics of Rovers inexperienced management this season, it wouldn't surprise me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    645 Posts
    LOL yes that's the obvious reason

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by White Horse View Post
    There is plenty of time to water the pitch before players warm up.
    Exactly. Why the need to leave it until the warm up ?
    Out for a spell, got neglected, lay on the bench unselected.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    873 Posts
    LOL yes that's the obvious reason
    It is a lot mre obvious that what RH is claiming - automatic uncontrollable sprinklers!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by White Horse View Post
    There is plenty of time to water the pitch before players warm up. Tallaght is bog half the time anyway, it doesn't need much water.

It sounds like a juvenile attempt to intimidate Finn Harps. Given the antics of Rovers inexperienced management this season, it wouldn't surprise me.
    Its watered before warm ups sometimes too. Ground was very dry in Dublin on Friday very sunny all day so pitches definitely needed watering.
    As i said sprinklers were on the same timings as every other week.
    I'm sure many other clubs have the pitch watered mid warm up.
    As I said though I get the being annoyed but there were ways around it other than deliberately damaging someone else's property which is something I really hate seeing no matter who does it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts
    Surely the water could of been on during the time between the warm up is finished and when the game starts.

Petty from rovers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    645 Posts
    Sometimes the anti rovers obsession on here is hilarious. Bottom line attempting to break the sprinkler was wrong. Full stop.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Sometimes the anti rovers obsession on here is hilarious. Bottom line attempting to break the sprinkler was wrong. Full stop.
    The self-defensive Rovers fans are more hilarious to be honest. Theres no anti-Rovers obsession that I can see. People are pointing out that it was a bit stupid to be throwing on these sprinklers without any warning to Harps, and that's an anti-Rovers obsession?

20. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    The self-defensive Rovers fans are more hilarious to be honest. Theres no anti-Rovers obsession that I can see. People are pointing out that it was a bit stupid to be throwing on these sprinklers without any warning to Harps, and that's an anti-Rovers obsession?
    they were turned on on some rovers players passing, devine and webster i think, too just a few minutes later. The warning would be the 30 odd previous matches in Tallaght over the last while where those sprinklers went off at that time in that place. Yes they should have been warned when sprinklers were going to go odd, they might have been we don't know, or knowing the sprinklers are automated they should of asked, or even, wait for it this is a bit far fetched, moved to the other side of the pitch that wasn't being watered and was unused. Attempting though to break the sprinkler was out of order and is inexcusable. If Bradley or Duff had done that in some other clubs ground that has underground sprinklers there would be uproar from the same people defending this guy and I for one would be with them as no matter who does it or why breaking something in another clubs ground is wrong, but I do get the feeling that theres a sense of because its Rovers its okay.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Jesus man, get over yourself. It's a sprinkler.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast