Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: LOI Fixtures March 31st/April 1st

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wonder88 View Post
    Also Dundalk fans, whatb your opinion on Clifford so far?
    Hit and miss. Excellent in Sligo but poor in the last two games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts
    Would be seriously concerned about chances of refixed game going ahead. Heavy rain promised on Saturday and Monday in Galway, and on top of that, Galway WFC scheduled for a game at Eamonn Deacy Park on Saturday. We'll see, but would be nice to beat them and get the Marine the sack
    "Billy Corgan, Smashing Pumpkins."
    "Homer Simpson, smiling politely."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    https://twitter.com/rtesport/status/847937154147811328

Conan Byrne's goal

4. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts
    Fluke
    "Billy Corgan, Smashing Pumpkins."
    "Homer Simpson, smiling politely."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wonder88 View Post
    No game for us in Galway, and I won't be able to make the re-fixture. I think a game v Dundalk under Foster was the last game called off in similar circumstances.
    Saw a bit of Dundalk game; from 3-1 onward so not a proper reflection, but would Nico who was at Derry be a better right back than Gannon? Also Dundalk fans, whatb your opinion on Clifford so far?
    Good result for Athlone; the first division competitive as always.
    Personally I can see why he has fallen down the leagues. He does his job well but that's it. Plays it short back and sides. Doesn't seem to grab a game by the scruff of the neck and control it.
    Hopefully with more games and the tutelage of kenny he will impose himself more.
    Thought we were ok tonight without busting a gut. A few frailties in defence but giod going forward. 3 pts was a must. String a few wins together now and make sure the gap with Cork doesn't increase.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Olander View Post
    Come on, Galway FC!
    The Galway FC mistake on the fixtures list was my own.Tried to edit it but couldn't .No biggy though i'm sure you'll agree.

Clifford wasn't playing his usual role last night i thought.was played out of position but we are carrying injuries and so be it.Shields had a match he'll want to forget in a hurry.His passing was pish poor early though he was ok as the game went on.
    We went through most of last season fairly unscathed by injury but now we have a injury list the length of a small hospital.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodquayBoy View Post
    Would be seriously concerned about chances of refixed game going ahead. Heavy rain promised on Saturday and Monday in Galway, and on top of that, Galway WFC scheduled for a game at Eamonn Deacy Park on Saturday. We'll see, but would be nice to beat them and get the Marine the sack
    I'm sure he'll have his team of warriors prepared. Expect a performance 'relative to the conditions'.

9. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dong View Post
    I'm sure he'll have his team of warriors prepared. Expect a performance 'relative to the conditions'.
    Yeah ****e....

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    Good win for Rovers, and just about deserved I'd suggest.
    Started really brightly with 2 cracking goals. Let harps more into the game in 2nd half,as a result of a comically nervous defence.
    Great winner from Madden.

Paddy McCourt remains a joy to watch. He should be treasured for all the remaining time he plays in our league.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    I don't think Rovers deserved a thing to be honest. Ciaran Gallagher hadn't a save to make in the entire second half before the last minute goal.

Harps upped the performance massively in the second half and were fully deserving of a minimum of a point. Simply not clinical enough in front of goal and loads of chances wasted.

A really poor opening half hour from Harps, sitting back and allowing Rovers come at them made Rovers look good. Once Molloy came on though the game changed totally and I personally thought Harps totally bossed the remaining 60 minutes.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    https://twitter.com/rtesport/status/847937154147811328

Conan Byrne's goal
    Poor goalkeeping.

Seriously though, to hit the back of the net directly from that distance. Goal of the season competition closed.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    184 Posts
    It's the trajectory of the shot that's so inpressive. Obviously the vision is excellent, and the confidence to go for it is commendable but it's the flight the ball took that really impressed me. It's powerful, dead straight and took quite a low trajectory, compared to say Beckham when he did it. It doesn't even bounce before it hits the net!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    I don't think Rovers deserved a thing to be honest. Ciaran Gallagher hadn't a save to make in the entire second half before the last minute goal.

Harps upped the performance massively in the second half and were fully deserving of a minimum of a point. Simply not clinical enough in front of goal and loads of chances wasted.

A really poor opening half hour from Harps, sitting back and allowing Rovers come at them made Rovers look good. Once Molloy came on though the game changed totally and I personally thought Harps totally bossed the remaining 60 minutes.
    That's a bit harsh, we scored 3 goals and missed a couple more. Harps were good when we sat back which was daft. But nothing has gone our way this season even if we didnt deserve it which I think we did we were due it. Last minute winners are always hard to take

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    That's a bit harsh, we scored 3 goals and missed a couple more. Harps were good when we sat back which was daft. But nothing has gone our way this season even if we didnt deserve it which I think we did we were due it. Last minute winners are always hard to take
    I don't think that's harsh at all to be honest. What chances did Rovers create exactly? Bradley said Rovers could have been 3, 4 or 5 up at half time too and I genuinely cannot figure out where these chances are from? Ciaran Gallagher had nothing to do aside from picking the ball out of the net 3 times from shots he could do nothing about.

Chencinski had several saves to make, albeit nothing forcing a world class save exactly. Morrissey, Dsane, McAleer and Houston all forced saves from him off the top of my head. Molloy put one just wide of the post, McCourt had a long range free just over the bar and Harps had the majority of possession from 30 minutes onwards. Two freak goals had Rovers 2-0 up when McAllister and Finn had the freedom of Tallaght to hit their shots.

Harps came out and attacked Rovers in the second half. Rovers didn't sit back, they just couldn't deal with McCourt in the centre of midfield.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by White Horse View Post
    Hit and miss. Excellent in Sligo but poor in the last two games.
    Think that was more to do with the level of opposition, I think I could have stood out against Sligo. Hadn't really impressed me, don't think he's good enough

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts
    I don't think that's harsh at all to be honest. What chances did Rovers create exactly? Bradley said Rovers could have been 3, 4 or 5 up at half time too and I genuinely cannot figure out where these chances are from? Ciaran Gallagher had nothing to do aside from picking the ball out of the net 3 times from shots he could do nothing about.

Chencinski had several saves to make, albeit nothing forcing a world class save exactly. Morrissey, Dsane, McAleer and Houston all forced saves from him off the top of my head. Molloy put one just wide of the post, McCourt had a long range free just over the bar and Harps had the majority of possession from 30 minutes onwards. Two freak goals had Rovers 2-0 up when McAllister and Finn had the freedom of Tallaght to hit their shots.

Harps came out and attacked Rovers in the second half. Rovers didn't sit back, they just couldn't deal with McCourt in the centre of midfield.

We will have to agree to disagree either way if mccourt keeps playing like that you have nothing to worry about . Any word on o Connor?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Both O'Connor and Morrissey pulled hamstrings, or at least that was the word last night on the bus home. Haven't heard anything since. Bit of a disaster for us.

I think if O'Connor was on the end of some of the chances last night, we would have comfortably won that game.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,222 Posts
    Cobh v UCD update from the Cobh twitter - "Chance! April Fools. There's no chances at all here. Still 0-0 (56)"

22. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

Chances doesnt necessarily mean shots on target. In the first 45 Harps barely had the ball but it was obvious neither striker for rovers was a natural striker, there were plenty of times when Rovers just made the wrong decision in the final 3rd which resulted in not geting a shot at all of shooting well wide. The second half though until the 85/86th minute Rovers brought no tempo at all and Harps and escepially Mccourt grew into the game and deserved the 2 goals, honestly i thought they were going to go on and win from there but we got lucky and a collectors item goal from madden really saved us. Also theres nothing freak about a long range goal, its a technique just like any other goal, I know lads that with enough space and time can score from 25 yards 9/10 times no bother, not saying finn and mcalister can but just theyre not 'freak' goals given how much time and space they had.
    Other than that i really thought Sam Bone was man of the match, no coincidence that when he went off Harps scored, if he can get fit he'll be a serious player for us. Mccourt was brilliant to watch too, when hes fully fit he'll be worth the ticket price alone.

Just notes not about the game itself I hope the Harps striker who did his hamstring isn't out for too long, didn't look too bad but you never know with hamstrings, Chencinski (I had to copy and paste that) seemed worried enough that he helped him off though so might be worse than i thought.
    Just in the warm up there was a moment where the sprinklers came on in the middle of a Harps training drill and Horgan did not seem happy at all. I know thats probably annoying to happen (i would have thought thats the sort of thing you tell teams, when parts of the pitch will be watered) but surely they could have just easily moved to the other side of the pitch that was free and had just finished being watered. What was really unnecessary though was the harps coach coming over and kicking the sprinkler to bend it over. Not only could this have broken the system but all it did was lower the angle of water so just got one section very wet and meant that when the watering was over it didn't go down properly so a guy wad to go over and push it down, if he hadn't been able to push it down the game would have been called off so very stupid thing of the harps coach to do.
    Last edited by RathfarnhamHoop; 01/04/2017 at 7:40 PM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast