Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Limerick v Cork

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

Limerick v Cork

Really looking forward to this one a serious test for us against a very very good side with the best striker in the country aswell.

Anyone think this game might sell out??
    Cork will bring huge support lovely weather might be something like the harps play off game last season in regards attendance.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    cork will bring what Pats brought for the ea, probably a bit less. If its sunny we might hit 3000 if not then not much more than 2000 i reckon. Decent crowds either way.

Kind of resigned to defeat in this one. 25 years and im struggling to remember winning a big league game at home. cork are nothing fannytabulous but Maguire will murder us.

Bigger game for the club, and for Martin Russell, away to Pats the following friday. Third bite of the cherry against a crap Pats team....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Stand sold out after not even two days

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts
    Wow sell out I reckon

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Yup, was at the McMahon today around 3- no stand tickets left. Heard away section completely sold out. Looking like I'm in the terrace for this one.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Will the club hold back terrace tickets for Friday night? Great to hear that it is heading towards sell out.

International Prospect CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    851 Posts
    Whitehead to shackle Maguire in a coming of age performance which lays the bed for a famous era kick starting victory which in time will be spoken about on away trips in Europe as the moment we turned the corner.

That or another premature ejaculation of a home game in front of the sometimes fans we are trying to woo into bed every week.

One of these two. Definitely.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    According to your man in McMahon butchers there's less than 800 terrace tickets left for the Munster derby.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Limerick FC will never sell out a game. Not while we have lovely grass banks instead of stands.

Anybody that wants to go bring your 12 quid and you will get in.

I still say around 2500 would be a super crowd.

Im skeptical about this "stand sold out" thing. I reckon tis just the allocations that were in the shops that are gone. Theres no way 1400 people are after walkin into Paddy McMahons for Limerick tickets.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lim till i die View Post
    Limerick FC will never sell out a game. Not while we have lovely grass banks instead of stands.

Anybody that wants to go bring your 12 quid and you will get in.

I still say around 2500 would be a super crowd.

Im skeptical about this "stand sold out" thing. I reckon tis just the allocations that were in the shops that are gone. Theres no way 1400 people are after walkin into Paddy McMahons for Limerick tickets.
    Heard he sold out of skirts and kidneys as well

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    The stand isn't sold out lads the two places to get early tickets are out of em if you get there early you will get stand tickets at the booths but they will go fast like for the Sligo game they were gone an hour before kick off.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts
    Absolutely appalling stuff tonight did Martin and limerick know this was a derby not one tackle put in actually a few pulled out of them an absolute joke.
    Hery on the bench is unbelievable imo our best midfielder if he has a knock we don't know about fair enough but his warm was perfect and was benched last week aswell terrible management.
    Turner again staying on the 90mins again failure to see the problem and not acting.
    Yet AGAIN ******** around with the ball at the back has cost us another goal when is the penny going to drop for Russell and see we are not Barcelona and don't have the players to do that.
    Pat o Sullivan is getting more and more angry with what he is seeing this club cannot go back down again pat needs to act fast it's beyond a joke Russell is tactically lacking same mistakes over and over again.
    How long more has he left?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    The first goal was a schoolboy error and unforgivable, we could have lost by 6 such a lack of pace at the back is worrying opposition constantly getting behind us and I agree with Thomas72 not one tackle put in if we don't man up soon we will go down.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Bit more passion wouldn't have gone astray tonight but Cork are on a different level altogether from Limerick. Cork were runners up in the Premier for 3rd season running last year as well as winning the Cup and getting through two rounds in Europe while Limerick were going through the motions against Cabinteely and the like. Unrealistic to think they'll just land in the Premier and roll over the big guns. It's games like Drogheda at home next that are crucial for Limerick this season.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I agree but the goals we are giving away are not down to the creativity of the opposition it's silly mistakes and at this level you will get punished , macguire looks a player.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Very disappointed with the effort made by some of our players tonight.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    The first goal was poor from a defensive point of view but Cork were better on the ball, more confident, they were going to hit the front at some stage, with or without Limerick mistakes. Next three games, Pats away and home v Drogs and Galway will give a clearer picture of where Limerick are at.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    We should have known at this stage big crowd bound to fail and by god we did , so frustrating to watch for the third home game same **** tosi isolated up front first half formation not working again and wait till the game was over at ht to change it , taught we done OK until the mistake for the goal a big worry when they got the goal we fell apart which was shocking, whitehead and Robson had a night mare first half and as for ogbene my God is he frustrating how he lasted the full game I'll never no caulfield I'd say wasn't sheding too many tears when he walked away ,cork are streets ahead of us very impressive all round maguire was hugely impressive some player , taught Dave o connor made a massive difference looked quality second half and Lee j worked his socks off so many did not

International Prospect NeverFeltBetter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    583 Posts
    My father was at the game, he tells me flares were set off by both fans?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnie C View Post
    The first goal was poor from a defensive point of view but Cork were better on the ball, more confident, they were going to hit the front at some stage, with or without Limerick mistakes. Next three games, Pats away and home v Drogs and Galway will give a clearer picture of where Limerick are at.

Ya like home games against Bohs and Harps are what matter..............

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast