Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Limerick v Cork

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Cork probably gona win the thing, came to town with a 100% record. Poor enough show from Limerick but if we'd taken that early chance with Tosi's header it might have been interesting. Our final league position won't depend on beating Cork. On to the next one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Please stop the whole it was Cork excuse even taking into account how much better they are than us it was a pathetic performance.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Spineless performance. If ever there was an occasion to give punters back their entrance money last night was it. Honestly it's getting a little worrying. I've not been a huge opponent of Russell's management but I'm near my wits end with him now. Something needs to change shortly. The noises of discontent were very loud last night.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    What bothers me so much is its just all so predictable honest to god after the Dundalk game I spoke to one Limerick fan and we spoke about the games ahead up until lastnight and he almost gave word for word what would happen in these games. It's done now it's over with Russell we know what we are and we know what we will never be with him and if the club don't show some balls for once and do what needs to be done when it needs to be done then they have only themselves to blame.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    If Russell is kept for another week we lose the three points at pats. This is the team that Russell can't beat. No point his apologists saying we are better then teams x y and z if he cant get his team to perform at home against a big rival then what hope is there. We need a manager who will bring with him 6 over 6 ft players to replace a team of leggless midgets

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gael353 View Post
    If Russell is kept for another week we lose the three points at pats. This is the team that Russell can't beat. No point his apologists saying we are better then teams x y and z if he cant get his team to perform at home against a big rival then what hope is there. We need a manager who will bring with him 6 over 6 ft players to replace a team of leggless midgets
    Just out of interest, if he was to go, do people have an idea of a replacement? Like there aren't a whole lot of options out there this early in the season, are there?
    Not that it's a valid reason to stick with him either, but just interested to know.

On another note, I think our opinion of the players is pretty skewed because of what we saw last year. We probably have a thought that a better manager will get better results, but we have a lot of players who aren't good enough to be challenging for a top 4 spot.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kingpin4 View Post
    Just out of interest, if he was to go, do people have an idea of a replacement? Like there aren't a whole lot of options out there this early in the season, are there?
    Not that it's a valid reason to stick with him either, but just interested to know.

On another note, I think our opinion of the players is pretty skewed because of what we saw last year. We probably have a thought that a better manager will get better results, but we have a lot of players who aren't good enough to be challenging for a top 4 spot.
    Baraclough is one off the top of my head. Don't think anyone said push for top 4 really if take not having to worry about being relegated from making the same mistakes we did 3 years ago. People need to realise we have one of the bigger budgets in the league just scraping staying up isn't good enough for the money being spent.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluewhitearmy View Post
    Baraclough is one off the top of my head. Don't think anyone said push for top 4 really if take not having to worry about being relegated from making the same mistakes we did 3 years ago. People need to realise we have one of the bigger budgets in the league just scraping staying up isn't good enough for the money being spent.
    I always just thought Barraclough won the league with the foundations there before him. Once it was "his own team", they just seemed to be another average team really.

I completely agree about not worrying about relegation, I thought top 4 was a pipe dream for a team just promoted, but my point is about the players.
    If our budget is as big as rumoured, we have wasted it on a lot of average players. I can't remember us really signing a player that we beat a number of teams to. We've either signed unknowns to the league or else spent money on unwanted players. So put a lot of average players with a manager who is average, and you get what we are.
    They certainly have to take their share of the blame, because I refuse to believe that players like Duggan, Lee J and Williams (who are all experienced) would stick to a poor game plan, even when they see it isn't working, and not try to change anything on the pitch themselves.
    Should we just get Gamble on a form at this point? ;-)

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluewhitearmy View Post
    I agree regarding barely staying up with the money that has been spent is nowhere near good enough BUT does pat know that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kingpin4 View Post
    I always just thought Barraclough won the league with the foundations there before him. Once it was "his own team", they just seemed to be another average team really.

I completely agree about not worrying about relegation, I thought top 4 was a pipe dream for a team just promoted, but my point is about the players.
    If our budget is as big as rumoured, we have wasted it on a lot of average players. I can't remember us really signing a player that we beat a number of teams to. We've either signed unknowns to the league or else spent money on unwanted players. So put a lot of average players with a manager who is average, and you get what we are.
    They certainly have to take their share of the blame, because I refuse to believe that players like Duggan, Lee J and Williams (who are all experienced) would stick to a poor game plan, even when they see it isn't working, and not try to change anything on the pitch themselves.
    Should we just get Gamble on a form at this point? ;-)
    Baraclough or anyone else might not be any good but I'd rather try someone that might not be good than stick to someone we know isn't.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    And we roll on another week with him as manager it seems.Great.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    I hear the head of the official supporters club resigned.

So... Y'know.... At least someone did SOMETHING I suppose

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lim till i die View Post

Good heavens as if this week couldn't get any worse.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Anyone know the reason behind this resignation??

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    999 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lim till i die View Post

Who is that? S.T.?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12