Thread: LOI Fixtures 25th March '17

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    they are going to get battered !

so.....Rovers 1, Harps 2 with Rovers to hit the bar?

2. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    so.....Rovers 1, Harps 2 with Rovers to hit the bar?

No it was Cork 2 Dundalk 1 they battered you

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sulywaterfordfc View Post
    Highlights from Waterfords 2-0 win over Wexford. Which saw Waterford extend our unbeaten run to four games. https://youtu.be/MeTR2aUVEBo
    A young fans view of the game. These videos every week by the lad are great. And it's great to see a young fan have so much love and passion for the club

https://youtu.be/Wi6FhbHjICY
    Last edited by sulywaterfordfc; 27/03/2017 at 9:27 PM.

5. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    In amongst the petty schadenfreude lie some good points, well made.

(1) Cork have won the sum total of 1 trophy in 5/6 years... 1 more than Rovers.
    (2) Chelsea were 5 points behind man city after 7/8 games, and are now 12 points ahead of them- things change in leagues.

I fully appreciate that Rovers, as the biggest, most successful, most noticed, most publicised, most hated, most of the mostness are a complete soap opera and in this case not helped by a manager learning his trade in media barbs as well as on the tactics board.

I'm rather sanguine about the recent situation ( I'm surprised myself!), and have adopted a position of "we'll see what happens". If we continue to lose games that's sure to change of course!

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    I'm not too worried. We're losing but, as Our Trevor used to say, we're losing the right way.

8. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    326 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    I'm not too worried. We're losing but, as Our Trevor used to say, we're losing the right way.
    Ok, that was funny. You may be losing almost weekly, but you haven't lost your sense of humour!

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ger121 View Post
    Ok, that was funny. You may be losing almost weekly, but you haven't lost your sense of humour!
    Hey, he's your problem now

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by placid casual View Post
    In amongst the petty schadenfreude lie some good points, well made.

(1) Cork have won the sum total of 1 trophy in 5/6 years... 1 more than Rovers.
    (2) Chelsea were 5 points behind man city after 7/8 games, and are now 12 points ahead of them- things change in leagues.

I fully appreciate that Rovers, as the biggest, most successful, most noticed, most publicised, most hated, most of the mostness are a complete soap opera and in this case not helped by a manager learning his trade in media barbs as well as on the tactics board.

I'm rather sanguine about the recent situation ( I'm surprised myself!), and have adopted a position of "we'll see what happens". If we continue to lose games that's sure to change of course!
    Who are you? and where is PC, you must have hacked his account!!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    Our own worst enemies again, as usual. Thought we were comfortably in control when Heaney had his series of brainfarts. Conan is a lovely player but wouldn't be known for his pace, so why Heaney went out of his way to foul him three times in the space of ten minutes is beyond me.

Still, very poor response to going down to ten men. Don't think we had a single spell of possession in their third between the red card and their goal half an hour later, which says it all. Bradley is a young manager but going all-out defend against a team whose confidence has been bashed is just crazy.

Fair play to Pats for the win - well deserved in the end. Hopefully Bradley learns the lessons from this and our players realise the discipline that's required in this division.
    We were starting to come in to it just before the red, but Rovers were looking better than us ( which is more of a reflection on how bad we were to be honest).
    The reaction to the red by rovers shows Bradley has a LONG way to go. I know we had a man advantage but it actually seemed more at times. He completely soiled the bed. I dont think i have ever seen a team retreat so badly and look so disorganised after a red, especially given how pony we have been of late as you say. I was sure after the break that they would come out and we wouldnt have it so easy, but it got easier and he didnt have a clue.

That young Burke lad put in one of he worst performances I have seen since, coincidentally, Killian Brennan got roasted in the 5-0 beating a few years back. He was so so poor, even for a lad out of position. Amazed Bradley didnt do something, Conan was having a field day.

Delighted with the win, we needed it badly. We played well, but given the opposition performance and the man advantage, i certainly dont think we are sorted yet. The first 20 mins showed that.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    184 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wonder88 View Post
    A question were Shamrock R fans under the Shed behind the goal today. Was there some suggestions of that section of the ground being closed for safety reasons.
    Yes, Rovers fans were under the shed in Richmond last weekend. And there were a lot of them too.

That end only tends to be open nowadays for Derbies i think, when there is a substantial amount of away fans.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345