Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: LOI Fixtures 25th March '17

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    363 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToberonaTornado View Post
    Harps winner tonight v Sligo Rovers -

<span style="color: rgb(29, 33, 41); font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; white-space: pre-wrap;">
    Harps lads, is that new covering on the far side, to the right of the terrace behind the goal? I was there last season and it was uncovered, or am I mixing it up with the side that the camera faces?
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalymountrower View Post
    While today's result was a shock, Bradley's Rovers reminds me a bit of the Johnny Giles era at Milltown, in that every team was rising their game when the aristocrats of the Irish game came to visit./QUOTE]

That's too funny,
    I'll say one thing for Rovers, they have pretty much a monopoly on LOI clichés.
    Certainly made me chuckle alright.
    Out for a spell, got neglected, lay on the bench unselected.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts
    Is he deeply unpopular up there? If so, why? He had Sligo playing well towards the end of last season and only for a poor start to that season, could have pushed for top 4.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    346 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post
    Harps lads, is that new covering on the far side, to the right of the terrace behind the goal? I was there last season and it was uncovered, or am I mixing it up with the side that the camera faces?
    That's Aldi!!!
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

5. Thanks From:

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,220 Posts
    I should point out too that I have never ever been asked by a player coming out of the dressing rooms which way the pitch is.

Until last night.

Longford - special in so many ways.

7. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Better view of the Harps winner. A truly brutal penalty, but despite saving it, Schlingermann really made a balls of it handing it back to O'Connor instead of pushing it to the side.

https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    One thing I must note about last nights game in Finn Park, the IFA referees are lightyears ahead of the FAI referees in terms of taking control of the match. I couldn't have a bad word to say about any of the performances, even down to the 4th official who was in constant contact with the referee from the sideline.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

10. Thanks From:

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by outspoken View Post
    Going to enjoy a few seasons battling to avoid the wooden spoon, change it up a little
    to be honest the way we are going at present it could be up to 15 seasons like up to 99/00. the bad days are here again. Look I will always go to matches especially away but it does test you massively.
    Last edited by Martinho II; 26/03/2017 at 4:42 PM.
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    I should point out too that I have never ever been asked by a player coming out of the dressing rooms which way the pitch is.

Until last night.

Longford - special in so many ways.
    who ever it was you have sent him to the various different pitches around the campus. ah for the hell of it send him back to the original Belfield ground or better still to the side pitche when we played ye in a preseason there. btw great catchin up with you. we wont leave it as long again!
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    I said last week that Rovers season was over, I was wrong, enjoy the relegation battle.

14. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by El-Pietro View Post
    I said last week that Rovers season was over, I was wrong, enjoy the relegation battle.
    Lol all things come to he who waits

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingswood Rover View Post
    Rovers have a load of young fella's lads including the manager, leave him at it but i agree he needs to think about what he is saying, loola stuff another sending off playing against 10 men with Pats having to turn up eventually this season always going to be tough. Keep at it Rovers.
    Agreed weve lost by the odd goal to the top 3 and our replacement left back (clarke away on u19 duty) gets himself sent off when we were looking good. Things are better then they appear , other people's obsessions with us won't change regardless of results.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    Agreed weve lost by the odd goal to the top 3 and our replacement left back (clarke away on u19 duty) gets himself sent off when we were looking good. Things are better then they appear , other people's obsessions with us won't change regardless of results.
    I wouldn't call it obsession. More amusement. Sure maybe it will be your year in the cup. No better time do it, than on the 30th anniversary of your last success.

18. Thanks From:

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ger121 View Post
    I wouldn't call it obsession. More amusement. Sure maybe it will be your year in the cup. No better time do it, than on the 30th anniversary of your last success.
    I know you're being sarcastic, but while we'll do OK in the league we're utterly incapable of beating any team that's better than us. So unless the First Division sides start doing some giantkilling it'll be an early exit for us again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    You call yourself the biggest club in Ireland, you say that your underage system is unparalleled but you can't back any of this up with results at any level. Its hilarious to see you show almost as much hubris as Cork City fans and then fall 12 points behind before the end of March (and theres still one game left this month).

Bohs were touted as relegation candidates and they are four points ahead of you, Harps were another candidate and they are 2 points ahead of you, Drogheda are level with you on points. You'll probably be fine for relegation, but Europe looks like a tough ask at this point. You've only scored 7 goals, that has to be worrying, especially as you are creating so few chances.

21. Thanks From:

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,000 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by El-Pietro View Post
    Cork City fans and then fall 12 points behind before the end of March (and theres still one game left this month).
    and you think you are getting anything from that game do you? In the cauldron of noise that is The Market's Field?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by osarusan View Post
    and you think you are getting anything from that game do you? In the cauldron of noise that is The Market's Field?
    I'm a Cork City fan. Hubris is my middle name.
    I was more pointing out that they are 12 points behind and we still have a game in March so there is the potential that it could be 15. Equally it could be 9 by Saturday morning.

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Things are better then they appear , other people's obsessions with us won't change regardless of results.
    Have you ever considered why Shamrock Rovers attract so much mirth and amusement when the regular implosions are happening?

The club right from the chairman down is riddled with an arrogance and condescending attitude that really irritates. While not all supporters are culpable, the majority are difficult to have any social contact with (either because of this patronising attitude or thuggish behaviour). The current manager is simply carrying on the tradition of delusions of grandeur that is cultivated and fostered within the club.

I have no doubt that Rovers will improve on their current 8th place (especially with Harps, Drogheda and Sligo being the next 3 matches) - but it is always good fun watching the soap opera unfold.
    Last edited by Ezeikial; 27/03/2017 at 11:13 AM. Reason: typo

25. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    Remember when Bradley called Cork City a "so called big club". That was funny.

27. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    363 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joey B View Post
    That's Aldi!!!
    Brilliant !!!!!!!!!
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast