Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: LOI fixtures Paddy's weekend.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
    We can only hope. It's looking really bad though. Saddens me how far we've slipped since winning the league, or even our cup winning team. We really need something against Rovers next week.

I wouldn't be calling for Buckos head yet though. His failing is that to play his way you need good players, which we have a shortage of at the minute. I still think he deserves time, and who would we get in anyway ? Don't see any great candidates out there.
    Buckley can be faulted for his decision to use the limited money he had , to pay for a two year contract for Fagan. That will come back to haunt him this season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalymountrower View Post
    Buckley can be faulted for his decision to use the limited money he had , to pay for a two year contract for Fagan. That will come back to haunt him this season.
    If Pats didn't re-sign Fagan, who would they have spent the money on? There is a dearth of quality strikers in the league. Having watched Fagan last night, he is short changing Pats though. A player of his quality should be asking a lot more questions of Gartland and Barrett.

There was much more cohesive look abouts Pats last night, compared to when I saw them last season.

They just struggled with Dundalk's pace and power and couldn't really impose their game on Dundalk.

They do seem to have the usual Pats problem of being poorly conditioned. The fitness coaches at Dundalk think it will take a year to get Jamie McGarth to the stregnth and fitness level that is required at Dundalk.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    Stephen Bradley believes Shamrock Rovers battered us on Friday. I think he doesn't understand why they didn't win the game. You can't score goals if you don't have any shots on target. Last week there was discussion on here about the Rovers/Derry game and the lack of chances for Rovers.

In this game Rovers had the following chances. The Penalty. The shot off the crossbar. A tame effort from distance that Nults gathered easily at his feet. Thats two home games in two weeks in which Rovers failed to create quality chances. Something is seriously wrong there.

Sure they had possession in the second half, but possession as an end is useless. It is only useful if you do something with it.
    We have our own problems that were highlighted by this game, but when you have Sean Maguire you don't need so many chances!

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,523 Posts
    Thought Harps were pretty decent yesterday, played some good football. Limerick on the other hand would not let us out for a half time pint and therefore deserve to be relegated, disbanded and everyone involved with the club imprisoned.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by patrickccfc View Post
    McEleney quickly becoming the main man for dundalk. Next week should be very interesting indeed.

Things looking extremely bleak at pats
    Interesting in that cork kick lumps out of whatever form player dundalk have when these games come around.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by El-Pietro View Post
    Stephen Bradley believes Shamrock Rovers battered us on Friday. I think he doesn't understand why they didn't win the game. You can't score goals if you don't have any shots on target. Last week there was discussion on here about the Rovers/Derry game and the lack of chances for Rovers.

In this game Rovers had the following chances. The Penalty. The shot off the crossbar. A tame effort from distance that Nults gathered easily at his feet. Thats two home games in two weeks in which Rovers failed to create quality chances. Something is seriously wrong there.

Sure they had possession in the second half, but possession as an end is useless. It is only useful if you do something with it.
    We have our own problems that were highlighted by this game, but when you have Sean Maguire you don't need so many chances!
    Is that the same interview where he called you a "so called top club"?

7. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts
    I was impressed with the use of a long throw by both Bohemians and Galway the other night at Dalymount. Bohs also have the added benefit of the dead-ball deliveries of Fitzgerald. Always good to see indications of some work done on the training ground in an important area of the game, by two fairly new and progressive managers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Quayman View Post
    Interesting in that cork kick lumps out of whatever form player dundalk have when these games come around.
    Nah, Dundalk players just have a lot of inner ear problems. Poor balance when they come south. No other explanation for it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by White Horse View Post
    Is that the same interview where he called you a "so called top club"?
    Indeed. We were awful on the day, particularly in the second half, but with a 6 point window on them going into the game and away from home in windy conditions we were under no obligation to play pretty football. Though we were far too deep late on and it was worrying. But that doesn't change the fact that we have been one of the best teams in the country for several seasons and are still far above them in terms of a title challenge this year.

So perhaps he's delusional, doesn't know anything about football, or is detracting from yet another home loss. I should take my own advice and not pay attention to what managers say.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by El-Pietro View Post
    So perhaps he's delusional, doesn't know anything about football, or is detracting from yet another home loss. I should take my own advice and not pay attention to what managers say.
    Managers usually talk up the opposition. The lad is obviously learning his trade. He's like a L driver at his first roundabout.

12. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    Managers usually talk up the opposition. The lad is obviously learning his trade. He's like a L driver at his first roundabout.

Have to say I'm enjoying all the slagging we are getting at the minute, it will make success when it comes all the sweeter.
    Next weeks match in Cork could go either way based on what I saw of both teams (admittedly only 1 match each) I think Dundalk have the edge.
    If Cork lose its same old same old , a win would make a big statement......im actually in Cork on Saturday as I have a kid playing a match down there so will get a ringside seat, won't get back up in time to see us pick up 3 points at Pats.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    363 Posts
    Interesting point above by El P. Its something I always look at in any match, long periods/ high percentage of pocession is fine, but its shots on target that are the key stat. If your shots on target are limited and you didn't make the keeper work, a manager/fan can have few complaints.

Its a different scenario when both sides are going for it and its end to end stuff, some of those games you can be unlucky to lose. Shots on target is obviously not restricted to other sides, I've seen too many games during the years when we didn't do half enough, didn't make the keeper work and deserved nothing out of the game.

Disappointed v Complaining.
    Last edited by oriel; 19/03/2017 at 3:20 PM.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post
    Interesting point above by El P. Its something I always look at in any match, long periods/ high percentage of pocession is fine, but its shots on target that are the key stat. If your shots on target are limited and you didn't make the keeper work, a manager/fan can have few complaints.
    Fans that don't complain ................does the Vatican City have a team ?

16. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    If Pats didn't re-sign Fagan, who would they have spent the money on? There is a dearth of quality strikers in the league. Having watched Fagan last night, he is short changing Pats though. A player of his quality should be asking a lot more questions of Gartland and Barrett.
    The point is that Pats blew their budget on one player and gave him a two year deal.He will be a record goal scorer next season anyway , if he stays with them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalymountrower View Post
    The point is that Pats blew their budget on one player and gave him a two year deal.He will be a record goal scorer next season anyway , if he stays with them.
    I can't agree with that. Every Pats fan was delighted that Fagan re-signed. Even now, I'd rather have him than not. I think he'll come good. Not as if we were going to get 5/6 top players with the money we'd save by letting him go.
    Out for a spell, got neglected, lay on the bench unselected.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts
    Seems somewhat irrelevant at the moment, but the Derry-Limerick match due tomorrow night has been postponed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    Very odd comments from Bradley. It was my first time seeing Rovers play in 7 years, I thought they were very poor. We weren't any better, but there was no one battering anyone.

They had a bit of decent passing in the middle of the pitch, but we're completely toothless. No incisive passes forward, no decent crossing, no hint of danger when they attacked. I was far more worried when Sligo got the ball forward last week than anything Rovers offered.

The so called top club comment was just bizarre.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by micls View Post
    Very odd comments from Bradley. It was my first time seeing Rovers play in 7 years, I thought they were very poor. We weren't any better, but there was no one battering anyone.

They had a bit of decent passing in the middle of the pitch, but we're completely toothless. No incisive passes forward, no decent crossing, no hint of danger when they attacked. I was far more worried when Sligo got the ball forward last week than anything Rovers offered.

The so called top club comment was just bizarre.

Our last two home matches against Cork were a 5 nil loss where we were lucky to get nil and last week when we were very unlucky to lose.
    We've virtually a new team so I think I can see a light at the end of this tunnel ........(hopefully its not a train).
    There is a long way to go in the season, Saturday is a big day for Cork.....opportunity to step up....will they ?? I think Dundalk will win but I'm hoping its Cork to make the league a bit more interesting.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    Have to say I'm enjoying all the slagging we are getting at the minute, it will make success when it comes all the sweeter.
    Next weeks match in Cork could go either way based on what I saw of both teams (admittedly only 1 match each) I think Dundalk have the edge.
    If Cork lose its same old same old , a win would make a big statement......im actually in Cork on Saturday as I have a kid playing a match down there so will get a ringside seat, won't get back up in time to see us pick up 3 points at Pats.
    Pick up tickets early as this one could sell out.
    [/B][I]P.Esc.

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    Our last two home matches against Cork were a 5 nil loss where we were lucky to get nil and last week when we were very unlucky to lose.
    We've virtually a new team so I think I can see a light at the end of this tunnel ........(hopefully its not a train).
    There is a long way to go in the season, Saturday is a big day for Cork.....opportunity to step up....will they ?? I think Dundalk will win but I'm hoping its Cork to make the league a bit more interesting.
    There is no doubt that Rovers have improved over last season but Bradley's delusional comments are good craic. Do you agree with his "we battered Cork" line?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast