Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: LOI fixtures Paddy's weekend.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Sickened by that - both goals were absolute gifts, but credit to Maguire as he's the best striker this league has seen in some time. Performance was good and surprisingly outplayed Cork for long periods, but we're still lacking going forward. Hopefully things will continue to improve as the squad gels.

Overall, three losses isn't ideal but it's to the three teams that finished ahead of us last year so maybe just an indication of where we stand. Hopefully with the three big clubs + Bohs out of the way we can gather a little bit of momentum.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    873 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by placid casual View Post
    As sure as night follows day, the windy dalk fans are out after yet another Rovers loss
    Its amazing the interest they take in last years 4th best team. I guess you guys just can't shake that inferiority complex no matter how hard you try!
    On the actual game itself, howler from Tomo, and a naïve tackle by Webster with a few minutes to go. Burke looks a player, and it's always freezing in tallaght!
    and the bitter turns to sour. Can you continue to shoulder that resenting chip on the shoulder? Doesnt everyone have a giggle at Sharock Rover's expense!? See it as a compliment until 17 titles are hunted down!!! ;p

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    We were pretty woeful tonight. Rovers not much better. They had a tonne of possesion in the second half but Nults didn't make a real save all night. They had the pen, and the one off the bar and that was it bar a soft shot from way out that he collected at his feet easily.

We didn't have many chances either, Rubbish game, but I've finally seen us win in Tallaght so happy out.

And hey Rovers fans, sure ye might be 9 points off the top on Paddys day, but theres always the cup.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    That's cold.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    Harsh but true. Your league season is done.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    It's Cork's title to lose. Again

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts
    Lest anyone be unsure, we're in serious trouble. 5 games, 2 points. Should have beaten Drogheda. Should have beaten Harps. Deserved at least a point against Rovers. Probably a fair result tonight but in attacking terms, we only have Murray as a threat. Vinny Faherty looks unfit, Padraic Cunningham is always picking up an injury. No creativity. Derry next week. Ouch.
    "Billy Corgan, Smashing Pumpkins."
    "Homer Simpson, smiling politely."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Limerick game is on Live 95fm for any the Harps lads that can't make it tomorrow.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts
    I'll echo the above, we were atrocious tonight. Rovers need to find the off switch to the weather machine too. It was abysmal, a bit like our performance. We didn't play the conditions and didn't deserve the win, but we'll take it!
    [/B][I]P.Esc.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodquayBoy View Post
    Lest anyone be unsure, we're in serious trouble. 5 games, 2 points. Should have beaten Drogheda. Should have beaten Harps. Deserved at least a point against Rovers. Probably a fair result tonight but in attacking terms, we only have Murray as a threat. Vinny Faherty looks unfit, Padraic Cunningham is always picking up an injury. No creativity. Derry next week. Ouch.
    Yes,draw was a fair result.Thought it was a decent game in awful conditions. Good travelling support
    I reckon Galway will have enough to stay up.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    I noted another sending off - this time Galway .

I wonder how our red card % games played per season compare with other euro leagues. Feels like we get a lot but maybe it's no different than elsewhere .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pablo Escobar View Post
    I'll echo the above, we were atrocious tonight. Rovers need to find the off switch to the weather machine too. It was abysmal, a bit like our performance. We didn't play the conditions and didn't deserve the win, but we'll take it!
    Playing crap and winning is very good sign for a team chasing the title.

Rovers are all talk and no ballicks. Another year in mid table.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    My first away trip this year. What an awful game of football! We were appalling, couldn't string two passes together. Rovers were rubbish too. They put a few passes together but completely toothless. Didn't think either team deserved to win it. We'll definitely take it though! Didn't look a penalty to me either but will have to see the reply. I thought Seani made the most of it.

Maguire is the best striker I've seen play for City since John O Flynn, and a complete other class to the rest of the players on the pitch the last few games. Pure quality. I dunno what happened up in Dundalk that made them let him go but I'm grateful for it! He's hungry to score constantly too. 6 goals in 5 league games for him now.

5 wins in 5 should mean a huge crowd for Dundalk and hopefully a great game (and better football).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by patrickccfc View Post
    Been a fantastic start for us, but yeah it will be extremely close this year I reckon. Derry will certainly be up there challenging with ourselves and dundalk.

In fairness thats your first big game i wouldnt be counting the auld chickens yet
    Last edited by KR's Post; 18/03/2017 at 11:27 AM.
    Harry and Liam, Harry and Liam, Harry and Liam, Harry and Liam.

Shed End.. **** off with your joe delaney stand
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KR's Post View Post
    In fairness thats your first big game i wouldnt be counting the auld chickens yet
    Oh of course I'm not. Just in the last 2 games we have dug in and got wins out of games that last year we would've drawn or lost and it's very encouraging.

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    And the pettyness of some will shine through...
    Team improving .
    I think that you have taken the wrong end of the stick here.

I simply made an observation that support will drop off with poor results - pretty much what you subsequently echoed in a latter post

Yes but people with a bit of "common sense" will realise that if the first team are unsuccessful but the long term is being looked after then that is better than being unsuccessful and having nothing going on in the back round.
    Most supporters place a limited value on potential underage success as opposed to the imperative of first team success. If anything, this is probably more pronounced at Rovers than most other clubs.

The next 3-4 matches give a great opportunity to get a winning sequence going - the knives will be out for Bradley if things go pear shaped over the next month, no matter how well the underage teams perform

I've always had a low opinion of people who show a lack of class when things are going well for them.
    You must have been really badly affected by the gloating of many Rovers fans in 2010 & 2011

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AlanOB View Post
    I will be broadcasting the Limerick/Harps game in full at http://www.mixlr.com/limerick-soccer-live, tomorrow, for those who may be interested.

My usual co-commentator, former LOI manager Noel O'Connor, is unavailable; but I'm hoping to be joined by someone of equal repute to temporarily fill his shoes (fingers crossed!).

You can listen to snippets of our last broadcast here, to see if it might appeal: http://mixlr.com/limerick-soccer-live/sh...-division/

Finally, I will also be doing post-match tactical analysis of the game, later tomorrow evening, here: http://www.tacticstruck2.com
    I can now confirm that the legendary John O'Flynn will join me for this one. Tune in if interested.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Harps 1-0 up in Limerick through Sean Houston.

Limerick putting on a lot of pressure but Harps dealing with it well so far.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts
    any dundalk fans know if the bar in the ground will show the rugby before the game ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    363 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by micls View Post

Maguire is the best striker I've seen play for City since John O Flynn, and a complete other class to the rest of the players on the pitch the last few games. Pure quality. I dunno what happened up in Dundalk that made them let him go but I'm grateful for it! He's hungry to score constantly too. 6 goals in 5 league games for him now.

5 wins in 5 should mean a huge crowd for Dundalk and hopefully a great game (and better football).
    Maguire couldn't get in ahead of McMillan and Kilduff from August onwards in 2015, he was quite rightly frustrated but with Dundalk only playing one up front, was a case of 3 competing for one spot. It probably was a mistake in hindsight not to offer him a contract for 2016 but Kenny will say he won the league that season with what he had up front, and quite comfortably so in the end.

However he is without doubt the top striker in the league at the moment, so our loss is definitely Cork's gain and its just the way it goes, some players don't work out at clubs then flourish elsewhere and he's certainly doing that. I'd say there might be a chance he could be on his way to England in the July window, if a club makes a decent cash offer it would be hard to turn down. The other option is for an English club to wait until his contract runs down and get him for free after our season ends in October.

Big match next Saturday for sure, big match tonight first!
    Last edited by oriel; 18/03/2017 at 2:36 PM.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast