Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: LOI fixtures 10/11 & 13th March 2017

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gael353 View Post
    Picking a goalkeeper from the opposing team as man of the match as a way to try and justify a crap performance was so pathetic. time up sunday for Russell if he doesnt get a win against harps.
    Never change, Limerick fans

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by El-Pietro View Post
    Lots of professional fouls as we broke through midfield.
    The ultimate insult in Cork, where there hasn't been a foul committed by the home team since the 1990s.

3. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    The ultimate insult in Cork, where there hasn't been a foul committed by the home team since the 1990s.
    I think we actually got a yellow card last night!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    I think we actually got a yellow card last night!

Appeal it

6. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Nope, not a shot on target. Derry weren't great but you were the away side so nobody would expect you to dominate. On balance, the game was headed for a draw except we gifted you a goal.
    Miele had a free-kick on target in the first-half (at 28m14s in Soccer Republic) that landed straight into Doherty's hands in the centre of the goal, but yous created nothing on target from general play. You're right though; the game had "draw" written all over it until a fairly scrappy goal.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyInvincible View Post
    Super comeback and result for Derry tonight. Sava had a nightmare in goals for Dundalk. Failure to get his hands on a new keeper will cost Stephen Kenny; the goalkeeping position has been Dundalk's Achilles heel for a while now.
    We were chatting about that right before our second, saying it would be worth hitting a few longer-range shots, as Sava probably wouldn't deal with them well. Spot on. Looking at the replay, I'm not even certain that McBride scored our third goal, it may have been an OG by Sava. Hard to tell.

We didn't start particularly well, which Shiels admitted, and I was fairly worried after Dundalk took the lead. We seemed to settle after that, passing better, and the goal before half time was deserved.
    We looked sharper than Friday, which we needed to be. Dundalk had some decent passages of play, but failed to create a lot of real chances.
    After taking the lead we were content to hit Dundalk on the break, who seemed to be a bit tired. The third goal was lovely to get, but wasn't really an entirely fair reflection of the game, I don't think.
    Duffy was very quiet last night, expected more from him. Dundalk seemed a bit more cynical than last year, Gartland was fairly heavy in his tackles, to put it mildly, Nathan Boyle is bound to be some this morning. Kilduff was diving a fair whack (which he was booked for, in fairness), and seemed to be a in an angry mood all night, for whatever reason. The team in generally wasn't as entertaining to watch as last season either. May it was just an off-night?
    Still expect them to win the league, it's hard not to admire the quality they have at their disposal.
    Great start to the season for us. Whilst I don't see us finishing in the top two, wins like last night will go a long way to helping us get third.
    Have you ever won the treble?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyInvincible View Post
    Miele had a free-kick on target in the first-half (at 28m14s in Soccer Republic) that landed straight into Doherty's hands in the centre of the goal, but yous created nothing on target from general play. You're right though; the game had "draw" written all over it until a fairly scrappy goal.
    Ha, I'd forgotten about that free kick, which sort of sums up the game. You could argue it was an accidental pass more than an actual shot.

10. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Never change, Limerick fans
    So 3 years isn't enough time to judge no?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Ha, I'd forgotten about that free kick
    Same. 'Twas only Soccer Republic's highlights that reminded me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluewhitearmy View Post
    So 3 years isn't enough time to judge no?

You won the league going away last year and you want to sack him after 4 matches !!
    In fairness to us Rovers fans who have a rep for impatience you are making us look good

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    You won the league going away last year and you want to sack him after 4 matches !!
    In fairness to us Rovers fans who have a rep for impatience you are making us look good
    Stop will ya me or you or any poster on this forum would have won the league last year if we were in charge we played a proper team 3 times last year and were destroyed twice. As nice as it was to win it how we did it was a nothing season. Only reason we were in a position to do what we did last year is cos Russell played a big part in getting us relegated in the first place.

Now I don't actually want Russell sacked now or anything but the whole ws are only 3 games in thing is stupid too we aren't 3 games into Russells time here and if he loses Saturday I will definitely be a lot closer to wanting him gone.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    I have been saying Martin Russell isn't good enough for about 2 and a half years, and their late surge in 2015 and walking of the first division in 2016 did nothing to persuade me otherwise. In fact I saw further evidence in both cases that he was not the man to get the most of that team.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts
    Russell plays the game the right way but is tactically lacking

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    I have been saying Martin Russell isn't good enough for about 2 and a half years, and their late surge in 2015 and walking of the first division in 2016 did nothing to persuade me otherwise. In fact I saw further evidence in both cases that he was not the man to get the most of that team.
    And you are spot on tbh. A manager who's team have the exact same weaknesses 3 years in has questions to answer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joey B View Post
    Great win for us in Inchicore,watched it on the stream thingy and we hung on a bit in the end but we looked good in the first half from what I could see,Houston is our most important player and again finished wonderfully for our equaliser a real underrated player in our league.

Just one more thing has there been a falling out between Fagan and Bucko? seems madness to leave a player of his quality out when the team is really struggling??
    Thought we actually started well, your goal was against the run of play and it was only after that you came into it. Second goal was an absolute gift (mind you, in fairness, so was ours.)

On Fagan, I'm not sure what the story is. He hasn't exactly hit the heights, but he hasn't had much service. Does seem a bit mad to leave him out. Bucko might think he needs a bit more physical presence up front in O'Hanlon if we can't pass the ball as well as we used to.
    Out for a spell, got neglected, lay on the bench unselected.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts
    Highlights from Waterfords 2-0 win over UCD https://youtu.be/HpJyhTqv2sU

20. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Derry's highlights from the 1-0 win over Rovers in Tallaght: https://www.facebook.com/derrycityfc...5820738323906/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Derry's highlights from the 3-1 win against Dundalk in Maginn Park: https://www.facebook.com/derrycityfc...5831043493906/

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456