Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts
    How did limerick perform dundalk fans??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts
    Taking a leaf out of the Limerick book. I think we can push on now and win the League.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts
    Never a red for Drogheda, another game ruined by stupid LOI refs like Derek Tomney

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    184 Posts
    I thought derry were impressive tonight. Seemed to have slightly more control in the middle, and created the better chances.
    Schubert got himself a second yellow for kicking the ball away, but derry were even more impressive with 10. They were camped on the edge of their box for 20 mins yet restricted rovers too one chance in all that time. Heard one observer on the way out say they're worse than Fenlons team. I wouldnt go that far but they dont seem to have improved since last yr.

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ger121 View Post
    Taking a leaf out of the Limerick book. I think we can push on now and win the League.
    Easy tiger. Ye have the 2017 champions on Monday away from home.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by total hoofball View Post
    Never a red for Drogheda, another game ruined by stupid LOI refs like Derek Tomney
    So disappointed , I was looking forward to the game all week but the sending off just killed it. Once we equalised we looked like we were coming more into it after a slow nervous start. I couldn't believe the red card.

Oh how this leagues officials can frustrate a supporter. I'd say the game must have been a bore fest on the tv.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Galway pretty much robbed of a win tonight. Harps absolutely miles away from it. Horrible performance.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thomas72 View Post
    Dundalk played well 1st half.2nd half was a total load of tosh and if yous had a decent striker maybe draw but worst 2nd half i;ve wvwr seen.was waiting for pinball wizard to come on the pa.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thomas72 View Post
    Limerick controlled the midfield for most of the game, Duggan was outstanding and Clarke was very good on the left. Limerick just lacked something up front to take advantage of their possession in midfield.

Despite having less possession in midfield, Dundalk created quite a number of chances.

I also thought Limerick should have had a penalty in the first half.

We were fortunate to get the three points.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Limerick were very impressive. They came and played to win,with no respect for Dundalk. Big 3 points for ourselves and I can see Limerick having a decent season if tonight is anything to go by.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    346 Posts
    Galway will be wondering how they didn't win,desperate performance from us and real concerns about our ability to compete looking at how we played tonight.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    363 Posts
    Agree with most comments above, Limerick are a decent side and moved the ball around very confidently in the first half. Dlk prob should have gone in front after 1 min but Limerick caused our defence plenty of problems in the first 45 and in the absence of O'Donnell, Shields & Mountney we were second best in the midfield for periods. It was a superb goal from McEleney, worth waiting for in Soccer Rep, but overall Limerick will be disappointed not to have taken something from the match based on their first half display.

If they continue putting in displays like tonight, there should be no reason why they can't challenge the top 4.

It certainly wasn't a vintage Dundalk display, but we'll take the 3 points. Extremely happy to get them.

Edit. Forgot to say Shane Duggan no 8 for Limerick had a good game, I was impressed by him, one of the lads at the match wad saying his dad Ger was a great player for them in the early 80's. I remember the name ok.
    Last edited by oriel; 10/03/2017 at 11:49 PM.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts
    Galway will be kicking themselves after that, battered us in the second half and hit the woodwork 3 times , our defending was comical at times though, McCourt made his first start, got an assist and got injured.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    I saw the Oriel pk game on the no commentary fuzzy betting video stream, it looked an impressive performance from Limerick, who deserved something from the game. The Limerick goalie came close enough with a header at the last play of the game, - spirited.
    I couldn't make out who was who for Dundalk, how did Clifford play?
    Last edited by geysir; 11/03/2017 at 12:29 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lim till i die View Post
    Big game for Dundalk tonight.

They will have picked up some experience in Europe but they won't have faced a side with a record as phenomenal as Limerick.

Personally I can see us maybe rolling over tonight. It's early days and it's important for the good of the game in this country to keep the league competitive. If the Dundalk players put in the performance of their lives I see them winning to be honest.

I think the meeting between the two sides later on in the season in oriel will have a far greater bearing on which one are champions at the end of the season.
    All comedy aside they are a much better team than Rovers 2 weeks ago! Limerick will be fine

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts
    Hard to believe that Limerick ain't top of the league.

Meanwhile Derry City have six points away to Bohs and Shamrock rovers.
    Last edited by Candystripe; 11/03/2017 at 2:29 AM.
    So if you think Bohs are big read this. http://www.astronomy.ie/perpespective.html

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    Happy with the performance last night of de blues. Thought Lee Jay, Duggan had good games but the stand out was Tommy Robson. My player of the year already. Great strike for the goal, but how in gods name did Harvey not give us a penalty in the first half?
    Our fitness has much improved on last season but its how we play against more agricultural teams in the coming weeks will define our season

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    McNamee missed a superb one-on-one chance for Derry after only 16 seconds; he really should have put it away, but somehow placed his effort straight at Chencinski (who struck me as Rovers' most earnest player as the game drew to a close). Nevertheless, Derry had the better of the chances throughout the game. McBride wasn't having the best of games but redeemed himself with a goal which came from congestion in the box after a corner.

Rovers really lacked a cutting edge, even when Derry were reduced to ten men. I feared the worst when Schubert received an oddly-delayed red card after kicking the ball away; he "crossed" the ball after passing over the end-line. He knew what he was doing and it was a silly thing to do, but I think a red overall was a bit hard on him considering his initial booking was for jersey-pulling. The fact that the ref only sent him off well after he had committed the second offence compounded the sense of harshness. It was as if the home crowd's jeers had influenced the ref's decision, but I guess them's the rules and all that... Derry's defending was nevertheless organised and composed after the sending off.

Great three points in the end. Six points and a one hundred per cent record from two games away to Bohs and Rovers is an impressive start to the season.

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,000 Posts
    I think Dundalk fans are actually being a bit generous to us. We had a lot of the ball in the first half alright, but only across our back 4, and Dundalk were happy with that because when we tried to get it forward we'd lose it every time. We were desperately looking for space between Dundalk's lines, not in front of them, and that was how Clarke got dispossessed for the goal. Cracking strike too.

Still, we were still in it until the last kick, and had Dundalk under serious pressure at times, but never managed to fashion even on real goal-scoring opportunity. We did have a great shout for a penalty in the first half too after Tosi looked like he was bundled over going for a cross.

Lots of positives for us to take from the game, and away games to Dundalk won't be the ones that our season is judged on.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast