Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: LIttle things that annoy you about the league.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts
    That attendances aren't released and included in all match reports as they are in the UK

2. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts
    The lack of live scores on electric bus stops and the limited use of large scoreboards to show video replays.

4. Thanks From:

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    The look is too cool and not bleak enough for me and my goth mates.

6. Thanks From:

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    The fact that you can't get a direct bus from Phibsboro to Tallaght grinds my gears. Sort it out FAI.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

8. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Longfordian View Post
    The fact that you can't get a direct bus from Phibsboro to Tallaght grinds my gears. Sort it out FAI.

Who needs a bus when you can use your spaceship.
    DID YOU NOTICE A SIGN OUTSIDE MY HOUSE...?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    184 Posts
    This might sound like a trivial thing, but when I see LOI on TV I’m frequently frustrated by how poor the product looks, mostly due to the poor positioning of the gantry.

Most casual soccer fans in Ireland are used to watching CL and PL soccer from the perfect viewing angle on TV. If LOI grounds look better on TV, it might convince viewers to actually attend the games in person and it could even encourage TV networks to show more matches.

LOI games get little TV coverage as it is, so the clubs should really make sure that the product looks as good as possible on camera. Derry are probably the worst culprits. They’ve a brilliant curved stand, but the gantry sits inside it, facing the other side, which is extremely unsightly. Whenever Setanta/Eir are there for a live game they must erect a scaffold or something because they always have the camera pointed at the curved stand and it looks great. Luckily this should be fixed with the creation of the new stand but they should have erected a permanent gantry on that side years ago.

Sligo’s gantry is too close to the side-line and too low, as is the case with many grounds, like Longford, Bray, Drogheda, Wexford and Dundalk.

Richmond park look’s half decent on TV, but the bloody floodlight poles are frequently in the way of the play. This looks awful when matches are broadcast live, as was the case with the cup semi final vs cork last yr.

Athlone have some scrub land behind one of the goals and it looks dreadful.

Luckily it’s not all bad. Cork, Sham rovers, Bohs, Galway, Shels and Limerick all have their gantry placement at a decent height and distance from the pitch, and the cameras point towards their best stands.

11. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    184 Posts
    One thing Galway could improve though, is that small perimeter wall around the pitch. Why not just give it a lick of paint. The parts of the wall that are visible on camera in between the advertising hoardings looks cat!

The rest of Eamon Deacy park looks v good on TV though, especially the paintwork on the larger wall behind the goals. Surely they could paint that small perimieter wall maroon and it would make the place look way better.

13. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
    One thing Galway could improve though, is that small perimeter wall around the pitch. Why not just give it a lick of paint. The parts of the wall that are visible on camera in between the advertising hoardings looks cat!

The rest of Eamon Deacy park looks v good on TV though, especially the paintwork on the larger wall behind the goals. Surely they could paint that small perimieter wall maroon and it would make the place look way better.

ya i see that. in general galways ground looks good and i agree about the paintwork behind the goal, good idea. what i can't understand is do grounds people not see these small little things everyday which could be fixed?? surely we can get the small things right. Surely!!!!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    184 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Duggie View Post
    ya i see that. in general galways ground looks good and i agree about the paintwork behind the goal, good idea. what i can't understand is do grounds people not see these small little things everyday which could be fixed?? surely we can get the small things right. Surely!!!!
    Can't see the forrest for the trees

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    The negative coverage in the press is appalling , breaking news in the indo now is about a well known journalist yet no mention of the code he was coaching while this happened , if it was someone you made one sub appearance for a LOI side it would be "LOI Star " in the headline.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    I doubt that was for sporting bias reasons, more to do with legal reporting restrictions I'd say.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    The little TV coverage, the poor food on offer, the terrible weather for summer football. The fact that the kids always want to go with me so can't enjoy a pint afterwards. Thank heavens they never want to go to watch a local club game on Sunday mornings as I get to have a couple of sips in peace afterwards.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    363 Posts
    Some fans and I have heard even LOI managers refer to the Premier Div as 'the premiership'

Actually did anyone notice Croly when interviewed during the Rovers v Bohs match live, refer to his team as 'bohs' he then changed to 'we' ......not annoying just funny!
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    United park in drogheda looked like an awfull dump on mns highlights. Bad weather aside it looks dirty and all round sh1thole. There should be some standard you have to get to for this league. That looks like there should be cows grazing on it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    United Park hs its charm! My own hate in saying this is whenever United Park gets criticised Drog fans say its not their ground to fix like as if it had been done even if the FAI hadnt bailed out the club by buying the ground early 90's (1992/3?). It is also an irritant the amount of people who are interested in results and ask how a game was but have hundreds of excuses not to go. The tannoy in Oriel Park when music is playing is a real big annoyance if not a big deal. Also that there isnt enough complaining about the Oriel Park pitch these days. The rdiculous name the Dundalk 'ultras' have - it maybe be an old name but you'd think that they would pronounce it correctly and even know who and what the Mujahideen are...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    346 Posts
    How fickle casual league of Ireland can be and how easily they drift when things are going badly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Fans giving out about other club's grounds even though their own ground has plenty of faults.

Tallaght is the only decent stadium in the premier division, and yet the pitch there is frequently rubbish.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by White Horse View Post
    Fans giving out about other club's grounds even though their own ground has plenty of faults.

Tallaght is the only decent stadium in the premier division, and yet the pitch there is frequently rubbish.
    i'll complain about all grounds, i'm not biased. but what annoys me is places like drogheda, finn harps, carlisle grounds and so on is year after year there never seems to be even the slighest improvements. they wouldn't have to be big ones just at least a slight change maybe. you look at utd park and has it changed any in the last 30-40 years? i'm not that old but since i was a child watching LOI about 20 years it looks the exact same. its 2017 and still some grounds are not fit to host a kick around you might have with your friends.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    If you've been going to Finn Park for 20 years and haven't noticed even a slight change in that time you need to get your eyes checked I'd think.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Anthony Buttimer

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast