Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 season

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

2017 season

Might as well just have a thread covering the season instead of individual matches...

Things didn't look great at Shels but gave players the benefit of the doubt as it was the 1st game. Cobh at home tonight though was a new low. Possibly the worst performance I've ever seen by a Town team. Say what ye like about Cousins, but never did we see a performance that bad (especially in the First Division) when he was in charge.

The players don't look like they give a damn. Mathews brings nothing. Athlone's Portugese management must be relishing the derby match now after what they saw tonight.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    185 Posts
    Mathews should be sacked now while there's still something to play for. He's an absolute joker. I said it ever since he was linked with getting the job for a second time and I'll continue to say it until he leaves again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hollocaine View Post
    Might as well just have a thread covering the season instead of individual matches...

Things didn't look great at Shels but gave players the benefit of the doubt as it was the 1st game. Cobh at home tonight though was a new low. Possibly the worst performance I've ever seen by a Town team. Say what ye like about Cousins, but never did we see a performance that bad (especially in the First Division) when he was in charge.

The players don't look like they give a damn. Mathews brings nothing. Athlone's Portugese management must be relishing the derby match now after what they saw tonight.
    We've had some bad days no doubt, but it's not the worst - it's ****ing bad enough though.
    Regardless, I was disgusted with that horrendous performance. The lack of urgency, commitment and care was evident through most of the players this evening. Walsh was a complete liability at the back. He slowed the play, and the switch from one side to another had to go through each player along the back. For their second goal, they were caught in the same format for the second time in two minutes and we were punished. And Curran? How the **** did he miss that wide open goal? We had all the ball but did stone nothing with it, and then it was pumped forward again and again, and we didn't have the ability take the ball and hurt them.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    That was horrific. I usually try and find some positives but there was very little out there that would give you any encouragement. A poor crowd, poor atmosphere, the whole place felt really flat even before the game. No sense of optimism or a new beginning after last year. I'm quite concerned on several levels. It looked an unhappy bunch of players already to be honest.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts
    Shocking, I was with a few lads that haven't gone to a Town game in ages and they won't be coming back in a hurry. I was very critical of Matthews last night, some very poor performances.
    Last edited by Keen2win; 05/03/2017 at 11:03 AM.

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    812 Posts
    Wow I've never seen foot.ie like this before. Says a lot.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by outspoken View Post
    Wow I've never seen foot.ie like this before. Says a lot.
    Foot's been dying for years - wouldn't look to that.

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by De Town View Post
    Mathews should be sacked now while there's still something to play for. He's an absolute joker. I said it ever since he was linked with getting the job for a second time and I'll continue to say it until he leaves again.
    yeah why dont you get your pal Cousins in so why dont you? Mathews is barely in the door I would give him the benefit of the doubt for now. I didnt believe us being joint favourites from what I have seen in preseason. It always takes us ages getting out of the first division.
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    812 Posts
    I think a lot of people have been on Mathews back since the minute he walked back in the door, the same people wouldn't criticise that joker cousins when it was clear he needed to go. However, if we see more performances like last night then people are 100% right to ask for answers and I would be one of those people because last night was simply unacceptable let it be a new team or not. We had zero organisation and as said above players didn't look interested. Mathews signed these players so he will live/die by their performances. Next week will show us if there's any bottle in this squad or if it's 2016 all over again. That's just my 2 cents on it all

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    185 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinho II View Post
    yeah why dont you get your pal Cousins in so why dont you? Mathews is barely in the door I would give him the benefit of the doubt for now. I didnt believe us being joint favourites from what I have seen in preseason. It always takes us ages getting out of the first division.
    What are you on about you header? Why are you bringing Tony Cousins into this? He should have went long before he did actually go, but I don't see how he's my pal. I don't think I'm getting your point here. My guess is you don't actually know what your point is either, you're just trying to have a pop and have ended up looking a bit stupid. The usual for yourself.

Yes Mathews is barely in the door but he should never have been let in the door in the first place. He's done next to nothing of note since leaving us the first time around. His teams almost always play an horrendous style of "football". If you actually went to the game last night you would have seen the most disjointed performance I think I've ever seen from a team that actually has a decent amount of talent in it. No cohesion, no leadership, no game plan, lack of effort, I could go on. As I said above, if we want to achieve anything out of this season (and we have the players to at least challenge at the top of the division) then he needs to get the bullet ASAP. It won't happen though and this season can already be considered a write off imo.
    Last edited by De Town; 05/03/2017 at 11:20 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    812 Posts
    Agree with De Town that Mathews should never have got the job, but we all knew it would happen as our boards motto is take the easy way out. I like alan and would love him to succeed but realistically if waterford are running away there's no point in sacking him until the end of the season. Also if we are cut adrift after 15 games or so I'd have no issue with releasing all our earners and fielding a team of locals, crowd will be gone to pot so why pay players? Anyway that's all worse case scenario talk, our season starts Friday

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts
    What are you on about you header? Why are you bringing Tony Cousins into this? He should have went long before he did actually go, but I don't see how he's my pal. I don't think I'm getting your point here. My guess is you don't actually know what your point is either, you're just trying to have a pop and have ended up looking a bit stupid. The usual for yourself.

Yes Mathews is barely in the door but he should never have been let in the door in the first place. He's done next to nothing of note since leaving us the first time around. His teams almost always play an horrendous style of "football". If you actually went to the game last night you would have seen the most disjointed performance I think I've ever seen from a team that actually has a decent amount of talent in it. No cohesion, no leadership, no game plan, lack of effort, I could go on. As I said above, if we want to achieve anything out of this season (and we have the players to at least challenge at the top of the division) then he needs to get the bullet ASAP. It won't happen though and this season can already be considered a write off imo.
    ah you are such a hypocrite De Town. I have not forgiven you for what you said about me here on this forum when TC went and I said to him near the tunnel in Wexford that he had to go but no you said I am not the full shilling and made fun of me when other league of ireland fans jumped on my back. I kept quiet for so long about this but enough is enough.

And I have a job to work at nights so I have to prioritise what matches I go to. You think you are smug and arrogant but sadly this will rebound on you some day. I am so angry at what you did here last August. So dont you dare question my support for the first time in a decade I bought a season ticket.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    185 Posts
    ah you are such a hypocrite De Town. I have not forgiven you for what you said about me here on this forum when TC went and I said to him near the tunnel in Wexford that he had to go but no you said I am not the full shilling and made fun of me when other league of ireland fans jumped on my back. I kept quiet for so long about this but enough is enough.

And I have a job to work at nights so I have to prioritise what matches I go to. You think you are smug and arrogant but sadly this will rebound on you some day. I am so angry at what you did here last August. So dont you dare question my support for the first time in a decade I bought a season ticket.
    As I suspected, you were just trying to have a pop with your original post and have ended up looking foolish...again. You're clueless. If you're happy with having Mathews in charge then fair play to you. But as with almost everything else, you're wrong.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts
    As I suspected, you were just trying to have a pop with your original post and have ended up looking foolish...again. You're clueless. If you're happy with having Mathews in charge then fair play to you. But as with almost everything else, you're wrong.
    well I dont give a damn what you think of me. theres no such thing as respect with you and you have shown your true colours so each to their own. I will certainly never lower myself to talk to you again. You show no class what so ever. So goodbye and good riddance and shut the door like a good boy. I dont think you like people standing up to you. Theres one thing I cant stand and that is BULLIES.

Once a yes lad always a yes lad..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    185 Posts
    well I dont give a damn what you think of me. theres no such thing as respect with you and you have shown your true colours so each to their own. I will certainly never lower myself to talk to you again. You show no class what so ever. So goodbye and good riddance and shut the door like a good boy. I dont think you like people standing up to you. Theres one thing I cant stand and that is BULLIES.

Once a yes lad always a yes lad..
    You're making no sense Marty. Stop making a fool of yourself. Good luck.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    218 Posts
    Jaysus, this is more entertaining than the match on Saturday.....and that's not hard! Let me grab the popcorn!

17. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts
    You're making no sense Marty. Stop making a fool of yourself. Good luck.
    Ignorance is bliss with you so I will leave it there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Town Legend View Post
    Jaysus, this is more entertaining than the match on Saturday.....and that's not hard! Let me grab the popcorn!
    have to stand up for myself. It should have being said last August when that gob****e posted it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts
    **** sake lads, keep it to PM or WhatsApp!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    218 Posts
    Keep quiet L.T.F.C. and just sit back and enjoy the entertainment!

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast