Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 EA Sports Cup

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    Rovers don't need tickets. Fans aren't as bothered as Dundalk about it. They'll walk up on the day.

It's a different story for Dundalk, they're mad up for it, it's their cup final.
    Leave it out, Stephen.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by White Horse View Post
    Is it a security issue, I wonder? A conscious decision by the FAI to restrict the number of "away" fans. It can't be a Rovers decision as this is an FAI event.

It would be shame if the stadium was not full while Dundalk fans are being denied tickets.
    Security is the only reason I can see. They want to keep all Dundalk fans in one half of the West stand and don't want them accessing the turnstiles at the stadium carpark to stop fans mixing but this will happen regardless so it's not a credible excuse IMO

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mcgonigle View Post
    Security is the only reason I can see. They want to keep all Dundalk fans in one half of the West stand and don't want them accessing the turnstiles at the stadium carpark to stop fans mixing but this will happen regardless so it's not a credible excuse IMO
    I stand to be corrected but I believe Dundalk fans will be accessing the ground at the car park end. If this is correct then it would dispel security as a reason for the ticket allocation.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    I'd be surprised if they don't give Dundalk more allocation if they've already sold theirs, Dundalk will be using turnstiles at Square end, Most Rovers fans will just buy tickets on the day though so if Rovers only have say 2500 there will be a lot of empty seats which will be a shame for a cup final

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts
    pardon my ignorance but what has Abbey Travel got to do with being allocated tickets? you would imagine it would be EA Sports?
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    I stand to be corrected but I believe Dundalk fans will be accessing the ground at the car park end. If this is correct then it would dispel security as a reason for the ticket allocation.
    We'll be entering from the usual 'The Square' end turnstiles not the stadium carpark end.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinho II View Post
    pardon my ignorance but what has Abbey Travel got to do with being allocated tickets? you would imagine it would be EA Sports?
    Nothing, I was being facetious, drawing comparison between the FAI's arrangements for Dundalk in this final and the FAI's contempt for fans generally.

8. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mcgonigle View Post
    We'll be entering from the usual 'The Square' end turnstiles not the stadium carpark end.
    If that is the case, the cap on Dundalk fans sounds like an attempt to limit security and stewarding costs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    360 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    The temp stand was paid for from the gate so both teams paid for it. Then the stewards (don't know if they were Dundalk or FAI) wouldn't let anybody sit in it so we were all cramped into the death trap away stand. Example #144334455 of the FAI heaping expenses on LOI teams just to make themselves feel big.
    That's not correct. I was at the other end of the ground for the 2014 final in oriel park, and plenty of rovers fans were in that temporary stand, majority refused to go to it though, preferring the usual away section, in some sort of bizarre protest about the cost of the installation of the stand. It was a ridiculous sight, maybe 150 rovers fans in the temp stand and hundreds crammed in the usual away end. Rovers also got 1/3 of the main stand.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

11. Thanks From:

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by White Horse View Post
    Is it a security issue, I wonder? A conscious decision by the FAI to restrict the number of "away" fans. It can't be a Rovers decision as this is an FAI event.

It would be shame if the stadium was not full while Dundalk fans are being denied tickets.
    That would be silly. No justification for the FAI restricting tickets to either set of fans. If that continues to be the case, I'd say Dundalk fans could still walk up and buy tickets. Can't imagine the two stands will be blocked off if Rovers fans are in both.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post
    That's not correct. I was at the other end of the ground for the 2014 final in oriel park, and plenty of rovers fans were in that temporary stand, majority refused to go to it though, preferring the usual away section, in some sort of bizarre protest about the cost of the installation of the stand. It was a ridiculous sight, maybe 150 rovers fans in the temp stand and hundreds crammed in the usual away end. Rovers also got 1/3 of the main stand.
    I was told I couldn't go into it and so were a lot of people. And there was no drink taken on my part. There were a few people in it and more seemed to get in towards the end of the first half, but plenty of us were told we had to stay in the old stand. I know we did get a chunk of the main stand - it didn't seem like 1/3 but I couldn't really tell.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    360 Posts
    Yeah the whole thing was bizzare for that 2014 final in terms of the split. I moved into the main stand for the second half and Rovers def had 1/3 sectioned off, it was towards the away end side. Whatever the reasons, it was ridiculous to see only 150 or so away fans in the newly erected temp stand. That was mid Sept, and if memory serves me right it was taken down and then re-installed 6 weeks later for the final league game of the season v Cork.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Dundalk got an additional allocation of tickets but these have now been sold to people on the waiting list.

There are a lot of fans on the waiting list who have missed out.

I understand that the total allocation to Dundalk was 1,500.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    I'm not exactly sure what the problem is here. Any Dundalk fans without tickets can just go down and buy them on the day. Your fan base isn't that big that 3/4000 of youse are going to be left roaming around the wilds of tallaght ticketless. The stewards will put all the away fans together, and we'll all just enjoy a Rovers victory, inshallah.

17. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by placid casual View Post
    I'm not exactly sure what the problem is here. Any Dundalk fans without tickets can just go down and buy them on the day. Your fan base isn't that big that 3/4000 of youse are going to be left roaming around the wilds of tallaght ticketless. The stewards will put all the away fans together, and we'll all just enjoy a Rovers victory, inshallah.
    The issue is we could easily have sold near 3000 tickets

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dundalkfc10 View Post
    The issue is we could easily have sold near 3000 tickets
    If 1800 is what you consider near 3000 I'd agree with you,,,,

Nah seriously though, as has been said already, there'll be no issue getting a ticket on the gate, I was on the away turnstiles when we played Drogheda in the final a few years ago and we were given bundles of tickets that were unsold to sell on the gate, I'd estimate we were given 300 - 450 at the time, I understand you have a bigger support, but yiz'll be grand

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    I'd be pretty confident that any fan travelling down for the game will not be turned away. Still expect a crowd of around 4.5 -5k tops though, cant see it selling out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    You can always do that the Koln fans did tonight and come down in Rovers jerseys

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    It might be the case that people can pay on the day but really its just a tad FAI to make a game ticket only, allocate tickets, segregate fans and then allow tickets be bought at a turnstile (i suppose that technically counts as 'ticket only'), have have mingle if tickets are on sale from the ticket booths and have fans buy a ticket for anywhere in the ground and just get shoved in with the respective groups no matter what block or stand is on the ticket.
    So while one section might be rammed there will be empty seats in another which looks shíte on TV never mind the the issues with people crammed in to an area; Not just the whole safety thing but the inevitable standing on seats and them being broken, and the way ranks can be closed if some halfwit does something and stewards and gardai have no hope of singling out someone if necessary, and the furore that certain newpapers will make about any negative incidents that they can batter LoI with. If the FAI didnt bother their collective asses at all organising a final it would work out better and make a whole lot more sense.

Wasnt the 2014 final where you spent the day in The Emerald Bar Charlie and when an unfortunate incident happened on the way to Oriel with family of a deceased lady from the area. There is no doubt that a lot or Rovers fans believed that SRFC paid for the temporary stand themselves and there were murmurs of a boycott of using the stand hence. It was also suggested that it was to be a family friendly area.

How could you have tolerated The Emerald CD, the smell alone (on top of a bunch of beered up football fans)...you had to have been on the beers as ye claimed to have liked the spot at the time - impossible if sober!!??!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    I was in the Emerald that day when, presumably, I was one of the people Dundalk fans swore smashed the place up! I'm not ruling out the possibility some people boycotted the new stand but certainly didn't hear anything about it, nor seemingly did the many people who tried to get access to it. I will, of course, bow to the superior knowledge of Dundalk fans on what Rovers fans think in the event of any disagreement.

Now, I wouldn't dare comment on the "inevitable" Dundalk fans standing on seats as I seem to remember your lot having problems with that before

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast