Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Premier Division 2017-WE'RE BACK

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastershake87 View Post
    I think Freddy Hall is calamity waiting to happen. Don't think he covered himself in glory last year and under increased scrutiny in the Premer League he is going to make a lot of costly errors.

How has Brendan Clarke played in preseason? Does anybody think he can be first choice?
    Strongly disagree with this tbh for every mistake there has been from Freddy there has been 3 or 4 world class saves that have won us points and games. Some unbelievable performances from him imo Derry in the cup last year springs to mind off the top of my head no way we made the final without Freddy. Plus he has already played in the premier and played a massive part in us almost staying up.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I think the club should look into a deal with the student unions to sell them out in the colleges, UL has a deal with Munster already. Could be a way of getting a few more in the gate who wouldn't normally go. Somewhere like Gleesons or Limerick sports store would be dead handy too

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    There are student rates and are availed of regularly by students of all colleges. Whats the student rate for a Munster game v Leinster?

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    The problem with spreading out ticket sales is finding places to sell them that won't look for a cut first of all and also it takes longer to account for all tickets when they are spread out in different locations.

Never a problem really getting tickets at the ground if you arrive 20 minutes early. Only time delays happen is when a big bulk of the crowd start arriving 5 minutes before kick off.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    I'd say the stand will be a sell out especially if the weather stays as bad, can't tickets be ordered online then collected outside MF

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts
    Well that was impressive some of the football tonight was fantastic sligo can count themselves lucky it's was only 5.

Going forward we look fantastic Tosi touch and aerial ability is a level above surprised to see Ogbene on the bench after the pre season he has had.

Great crowd aswell I always think there is alot more there was expecting around the 3,000 mark

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Missed it but caught it all live on Limerick Soccer Live on Mixlr....very good commentary.great result ,what a start fot Tosi.well done all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Absolutely superb from start to finish. Hery and Tosi superb signings. Top of the league tonight 👍👍👍

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LFC Blue View Post
    Absolutely superb from start to finish. Hery and Tosi superb signings. Top of the league tonight 👍👍👍
    I agree obviously Tosi was excellent hat trick and all but I thought Hery was absolutely brilliant his composure on the ball and his wide range of passing was fantastic.
    Also I thought Tommy Robson was really solid good on the ball aswell.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Very impressive performance. A privilege to witness such a game.

International Prospect CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    852 Posts
    Fantastic. Must have been some buzz to witness that for those lucky enough to.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Total buzz! What i don't know is whether we were great or Sligo woeful. Hery, Lee J, Robson and Tosi first class. Russell got it spot on with his starting 11

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Fcuk that was some performance slight so lucky it was only 5 1, tosi is an animal, hery absolute class, Robson absolutely class too, lunch duggan brilliant. Whitehead great too.Williams faultless .
    Then the bench is so strong ogbene ****ing great, with that performance Mulhall looked ok only because everyone else is so awesome 😁

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    346 Posts
    Heard at Finn park tonight over the tannoy 'Could Gordon Heapes come behind the town end goals and bring the keys to the car' #greatestleagueintheworld
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

International Prospect NeverFeltBetter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    583 Posts
    Some start. Sorry I missed it.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Thought we were very impressive solid all round , tosi was always going to get motm after his hatrick and he was superb but hery surely ran him close with an excellent display . Tommy Robson very impressive also as was lee j , turner , Shaun Kelly was good but all the players gave a rock solid display . Only complaint especially first half we **** around too much at times with passing the ball around at the back nearly got caught once or twice and will get badly caught against the better teams . Whitehead is a good defender but is not comfortable with the ball at his feet like Williams is who put in a great display . What a dream start great display and great attendance and the atmosphere was top notch.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Yeah it was a brilliant display by all the team last night. Very dominate and I thought we looked solid defensively which bodes well when we're playing the best in this division. Sligo had a decent bit of possession last night but our intensity and work rate from the midfield trio was very impressive. Hats off to Russell and the club as the players they have brought in in the preseason look like they will improve us.

Don't like dwelling on negatives especially after a performance like that but Hall's concentration levels need to improve this year. Thought he had a good game some very good saves but we cant afford to give away cheap goals like last night.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    The only fault i had with the entire night was the poor acoustics for the samba music when Tosi scored....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    What a welcome back to premier football that was then. I know everybody says this but it looked like there was more than the official attendance there to me.

Honestly don't think there was a single player you could say played badly and the three brand new lads Hery Tosi and Robson made very good first impressions. Pleased too that at least for this game the Ian Turner from his run of good performances before he left showed up caused their left back problems all night and put in some great deliveries. Lee J excellent too the man tasked with stopping him was taken off at half time he was run ragged by that stage. Deligthed to see Tony Whitehead take his chance so well too lovely youngfella with a fantastic attitude never sulks never causes bother keeps the head down works hard and really appreciated the position he is in.

Everything about the night was great and anyone that was there would wanna be mad not to come back. Get a point in Derry even now and no matter what happens in Dundalk I'd be thrilled with the start. Obviously its one game and no need to get carried away or anything but definitely is a need to enjoy that win given how we started our last season in this league.

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    999 Posts
    For me the best part was how solid we looked defensively. Robson really looked comfortable and Williams was excellent. Whitehead did really well too, with Kelly reliable as always. Then we had Hery in front of them protecting them. It all looked good.

All that said, Sligo were hopeless and other teams will ask more questions of us, but let's wait and see what happens.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast