Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: LOI fixtures 24th Feb 2017

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
    Very poor from Pats last night. We could have been 3/4 down at half time. Bray just bossed us physically and were first to everything. Last 15 minutes was a bit of an improvement and we actually could have robbed a point but for wondisallowed goals. I'd like to see the second again in particular. We had a bit of momentum but sending off, massive scrap, and then second sending off killed that. Still, on the positive side Darren Dennehy is now suspended for next week !!
    Was right in line with the second, was offside. The first was one of those "you looked crooked at the keeper so has to be a free" jobs. That first one being ruled out makes up for the handball for Kellys goal.
    Officials was appaling for the fight at the end, how he could signal out a single player to send off was ridiculous, at least 4 (players on both sides) could have walked and then he goes and books both keepers just to up the card count.
    Delighted with the result and brilliant to be back.

2. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Longfordian View Post
    A hat trick on your debut is some going, to continue the parallels with our 5-1 win over Fingal in '08 that I mentioned earlier in the thread (I'd get more craic out of this if Fingal ever had any fans but anyway) Darren McKenna got one for us on his debut that night. Fun fact.
    Derek McKenna wasn't a Brazilian with majestic hair though. Apples and Oranges.

Quote Originally Posted by patrickccfc View Post
    Premier Division Champions 2017 Limerick got off to a flier last night.
    Pfft, I presume you mean Premier Division Champions 2017, 2018 and 2019 Limerick FC? Yea great start, but dishing out opening day hammerings is the norm now in Limerick. According to some Sligo fans last night (pre-game), Tosi was journeyman $hite and our chairman is now Sheikh al bin O'Sullivan with the amount of money we're throwing around the place. We've even managed to convince David Haye to play in midfield for us. Happy days 😎

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts
    The battle of the 2 Uniteds did little to suggest the predictions of a struggle are incorrect. We were well on top in first half, hit the crossbar after 3 minutes, but that chance apart, didn't really create much. Second half much more even, but absolutely turgid stuff. When Drogheda scored, you could say it was coming.
    Keegan mirrors Tommy Dunne in absolute refusal to use the bench - we ran out of ideas but he persisted with the players who started rather than throwing in fresh legs and fresh ideas. Away to Cork next week - god help us
    "Billy Corgan, Smashing Pumpkins."
    "Homer Simpson, smiling politely."

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by White Horse View Post
    Are you for real or has John Caulfield sucked all intelligence out of Cork fans at this stage?
    I really don't see how you're not understanding my post.....and you question my intelligence.

This is my 2nd time breaking this down;

-Burke's actions were ridiculously stupid
    -McGrath threw himself on the floor
    -Burke possibly (this is a suggestion) reacted to McGrath throwing himself down
    -Is this suggestion accurate? -I think it's possible, but it is only an opinion and opinions tend to differ
    -If it is accurate, is Burke justified? - absolutely not!

Do you still have a problem with this post?
    [/B][I]P.Esc.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodquayBoy View Post
    The battle of the 2 Uniteds did little to suggest the predictions of a struggle are incorrect. We were well on top in first half, hit the crossbar after 3 minutes, but that chance apart, didn't really create much. Second half much more even, but absolutely turgid stuff. When Drogheda scored, you could say it was coming.
    Keegan mirrors Tommy Dunne in absolute refusal to use the bench - we ran out of ideas but he persisted with the players who started rather than throwing in fresh legs and fresh ideas. Away to Cork next week - god help us
    Sounds like we had a first game, new team jitters in the first half (understandable) but came more into it in the second half , sounds promising. The subs look like Pete is still experimenting to find his first 11 - makes sense given some players only signed in last two weeks.

So great to get three points but way too early to make a call on what our season might look like. Next week against Pats will be super interesting. Our season will be the old chestnut of "taking one game at a time".

Good report from managers from last night here

http://www.extratime.ie/articles/184...edium=facebook

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    Not a great game in Dundalk and the amount of niggle certainly didn't help. Still, some promising spells for Rovers and nobody expected it to all fall into place within 90 minutes. Dundalk looked off their best and Barrett is a huge downgrade on Boyle, but we didn't have the quality to take advantage of it and, to be fair, Dundalk did a good job covering the weakness.

Burke is an idiot. Can't remember who the tackle was on (McEleney?) but completely uncalled for and hope he's OK.
    That ref did well I thought but he tolerated way too many fouls/incidents which were yellow card variety and even with that level of tolerance he dished out about 8 cards and and a sending off. LOI is a roughhouse of sorts.
    Rovers looked a motley crew of various footballing characters meeting for the first time nevertheless they did good for the first 15 mins but then Dundalk controlled most of the the rest of the game.
    It's too early to pass judgement on Rovers but it's not too early to be positive about the Dundalk team.
    McEleny is an outstanding player, Duffy made a very good debut and with the European famed, goal machine legend in the wings along with a few others, the squad looks to have good overall depth.

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pablo Escobar View Post
    I really don't see how you're not understanding my post.....and you question my intelligence.

-Is this suggestion accurate? -I think it's possible, but it is only an opinion and opinions tend to differ

Stop.
    Please.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts
    Was at limerick v Sligo last night thought limerick were absolutely brilliant they played sligo off the park some fantastic one touch football in tight spaces leading players having a clear run at sligos back line time and time again.

Going forward limerick have serious power and pace they have a Brazilian striker Tosi amazing first touch serious aerial ability real finisher sligo couldn't handle him.

2,500 attendance was excellent considering munster were playing over the road.

As for sligo when the 2nd went in they downed tools didn't want to know about it they were strolling around all over the pitch no pressure on the ball and if you let limerick have the ball they'll keep pretty well great travelling support aswell must be said.

Bigger test Friday away to Derry from limerick who will seriously challenge limerick

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts

Keep going.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts
    In summary we were crap, the ref was ****e, bray were cynical but very effective.A all round big steaming pile of an evening.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts

I dunno pal I think he just kicked him

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by D24Saint View Post
    In summary we were crap, the ref was ****e, bray were cynical but very effective.A all round big steaming pile of an evening.
    If it's any help I had a great night.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geysir View Post
    That ref did well I thought but he tolerated way too many fouls/incidents which were yellow card variety and even with that level of tolerance he dished out about 8 cards and and a sending off. LOI is a roughhouse of sorts.
    Rovers looked a motley crew of various footballing characters meeting for the first time nevertheless they did good for the first 15 mins but then Dundalk controlled most of the the rest of the game.
    It's too early to pass judgement on Rovers but it's not too early to be positive about the Dundalk team.
    McEleny is an outstanding player, Duffy made a very good debut and with the European famed, goal machine legend in the wings along with a few others, the squad looks to have good overall depth.
    Ref let a few fouls go alright but he probably sensed the tension between the teams. Dundalk were kept their heads better though as you'd expect given their experience. Dundalk were clinical overall - two defensive ****-ups from Rovers and both were punished. Both teams will improve in the coming weeks but how much is the question.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluewhitearmy View Post
    If it's any help I had a great night.
    Bah humbug

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    Ref let a few fouls go alright but he probably sensed the tension between the teams. Dundalk were kept their heads better though as you'd expect given their experience. Dundalk were clinical overall - two defensive ****-ups from Rovers and both were punished. Both teams will improve in the coming weeks but how much is the question.
    I thought the ref did well. There was a lot of niggly stuff, most of it from Rovers, although O'Donnell looked to be on the point of self combustion at times.

The only thing the ref missed was a stamp on O'Donnell, but it may have been when his back was turned. The Rovers lad is very lucky the league doesn't do retrospective punishment.

There is a lot more to come from Rovers. Connolly and Lopes are just not good enough for the standard they want to get to. A midfield trio of Finn, McAllister, and Corry would be a different proposition. Miele was quiet enough though Meenan did well, even he he missed a great opportunity. O'Connor seemed to be more interested in putting his boot in than doing damage with the ball. He is not the answer up front.

Both teams looked shakey playing out from the back.

Bradley has a big job on his hands. I can see it going either of two ways for him and I'm not sure which it will be.

The difference between the teams was in centre midfield.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Connolly had an off-night but I've seen him play far better. Lopes wasn't very convincing but he's always been a fairly limited player with a big engine. I'd imagine once Finn and Corry are fit Lopes will be squeezed out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    215 Posts
    Good to see Limerick make a flying start to the season. I'll be keenly watching their progress over the coming weeks as they take on the other 10 teams in the division.
    https://foot.ie/forums/117-Kerry-FC
    A Championship: 4 years - 8 first teams - 0 financially ruined. First Division '14: 7 first teams.
    Opportunity lost for new clubs/regions to join the LoI family.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Limerick were absolutely fabulous last night. Hard not to get carried away. What's this pitch in Derry like? If it's big with a good surface I can see us pushing for another three points before setting up a championship decider in Oriel Friday week 🙈

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by White Horse View Post
    I thought the ref did well. There was a lot of niggly stuff, most of it from Rovers, although O'Donnell looked to be on the point of self combustion at times.

The only thing the ref missed was a stamp on O'Donnell, but it may have been when his back was turned. The Rovers lad is very lucky the league doesn't do retrospective punishment.

There is a lot more to come from Rovers. Connolly and Lopes are just not good enough for the standard they want to get to. A midfield trio of Finn, McAllister, and Corry would be a different proposition. Miele was quiet enough though Meenan did well, even he he missed a great opportunity. O'Connor seemed to be more interested in putting his boot in than doing damage with the ball. He is not the answer up front.

Both teams looked shakey playing out from the back.

Bradley has a big job on his hands. I can see it going either of two ways for him and I'm not sure which it will be.

The difference between the teams was in centre midfield.
    You seem to have plenty to say about Rovers, so permit me to give my view on dundalk.
    the back 5 is pi$$ poor, and will get taken apart by even a rudimentary side in Europe. no Aviva needed this year I'd wager.

benson and mceleney are fine players and when shields and mcmillan come back they will dominate 99% of games in this league.
    o'donnell is a wind up merchant extraordinaire, yet didnt hesitate to take a dive once Finn went for him. He dissapeared off the scene soon after
    kilduff is a carthorse, who managed to score from 2 yards but did little else.
    you need a goalkeeper asap, and some cover for mcmillan if he gets injured again

You will most likely win the league again as maguire is bound to be injured at some stage for Cork, and they will slip up.

Rovers are a work in progress , and the 1st steps were last night.
    As a Rovers fan I saw enough to feel confident that Rovers have a decent enough squad to (a) get back into Europe next year, and (b) challenge whomever for the league title in 2018
    Shamrock Rovers- Where trophies are won and envy is scarce

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by placid casual View Post
    You seem to have plenty to say about Rovers, so permit me to give my view on dundalk.
    the back 5 is pi$$ poor, and will get taken apart by even a rudimentary side in Europe. no Aviva needed this year I'd wager.
    There is nothing wrong with the full backs as the run in Europe demonstrated. Neither goalkeeper fills me with confidence though.

There are big problems in the centre of the defence. Gartland was found out in Europe last year and Barrett is no Andy Boyle. I have posted elsewhere that unless this is sorted we won't win the league never mind do anything in Europe.

It is no secret that Kenny wanted to get another striker in. Kilduff is limited in what he offers. However, I do chuckle when people criticise a striker by saying all he did was score.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast