Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 15 of 36 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2017 LOI Attendance thread.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts
    1,361 in Terryland
    roddy collins you're a flanker you're a flanker!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post
    That's some improvement to be fair on the mid week v Pats, almost 1k up.

Superb turn out for Cork v Rovers too.
    Excellent improvement alright. A huge amount of school kids in too. Great to see the next generation of LOI fans in.

Also, fair play to nearly 25 or 30 Limerick fans who made the journey. Two away games well supported inside 5 days is superb support for them.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    326 Posts
    Some solid attendances this week. Cork of course flying on all fronts.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    25 or 30 hardly much of a away crowd ?
    On that note what is a good away crowd to bring , how many will cork bring to Dundalk Friday night coming ?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Abbeyman View Post
    On that note what is a good away crowd to bring , how many will cork bring to Dundalk Friday night coming ?
    It's difficult to tell. I have a wedding anyway, so won't be there. Our away crowds have been very good of late, although this is on TV.....but it is Dundalk.....somewhere between 10 and 500 would be my guess
    [/B][I]P.Esc.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    380 paying punters in Tolka last night out of a crowd of 470.Shocking.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Abbeyman View Post
    My point was that it was a good away following considering it's two long away trips inside a week. Bray were up a few weeks ago and had half the amount Limerick did and they were second in the table at the time. It's rare to see a whole lot more than 20/30 away fans in Finn Park.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts
    That's some improvement to be fair on the mid week v Pats, almost 1k up.

Superb turn out for Cork v Rovers too.
    Rovers brought quite a few with them.
    They kept trying to support their team even though they were being battered at times.
    Good banter between the Rovers fans & the Shed end in what was a cracking atmosphere.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts
    450 estimated by ET at Drogheda-Derry. Brutal.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brendy_éire View Post
    450 estimated by ET at Drogheda-Derry. Brutal.
    I think that's the same figure that they gave for the Drogs v Bray game, so they may have accidentally repeated it. I was at both games and there seemed to be a lot more there last night than the number that turned out to see Bray. Whatever the case, Drogheda should give out an official figure. These estimated attendances are highly speculative.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Drogheda are really difficult to get official figures out of. One of the few clubs that I've had trouble with this season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    360 Posts
    Dundalk for some reason gave an estimated attendance for the Sligo game a few weeks back, this was 'approx. 3k', absolutely no way that figure is correct, I would go with 2,600 max.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    Dundalk for some reason gave an estimated attendance for the Sligo game a few weeks back, this was 'approx. 3k', absolutely no way that figure is correct, I would go with 2,600 max.
    Thought about 2600 - 2700 that night myself.

Tonight - Longford v Wexford 211

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Looked a pretty okay crowd in Cobh tonight from the stream I caught. Really poor Waterford support though considering the short trip down the road on a Saturday night.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts
    By all accounts decent following from Waterford Nigel - 100 or so, not bad for a first division team. The BSC had two buses go down alone. Going from the stream you saw, impossible to base your opinion on that, plus the away support don't always sit/stand in the same area of the ground, always a few spread throughout the ground as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sulywaterfordfc View Post
    By all accounts decent following from Waterford Nigel - 100 or so, not bad for a first division team. The BSC had two buses go down alone. Going from the stream you saw, impossible to base your opinion on that, plus the away support don't always sit/stand in the same area of the ground, always a few spread throughout the ground as well.
    100 on a Saturday - 90 minutes away - I don't think many are impressed with that. Everyone in Cobh was saying how dissapointed they were with the away crowd.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts
    Would have said around 700 or so in Cobh, poor enough considering top of the table game. About 150 from Waterford. I don't know what Ramblers have to do to get more in, maybe the Munster game and cup final had something to do with it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    First Division yeah, that's a fair enough excuse, but currently around 1,500 going through the gates of the RSC for home games. Less than 10% of that headed just an hour and a half down the road to watch a top of the table clash on a good Saturday evening is pretty poor regardless.

For arguments sake, Harps have been struggling to get 1,000 through the gates lately. We don't have much in the way of bandwagon left. Premier Division novelty has well worn off by now. We're playing Sligo on Friday night, roughly the same sort of distance down the road as Waterford to Cobh. If there's less than 200-250 of us down there I'll be scratching my head wondering why. We had 400 down there this time last season. I would have expected something the same from Waterford last night considering the bandwagon that's in force at the minute.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Comic Book Guy View Post
    Would have said around 700 or so in Cobh, poor enough considering top of the table game. About 150 from Waterford. I don't know what Ramblers have to do to get more in, maybe the Munster game and cup final had something to do with it.
    If you can continue to get above 500 home fans in the gate though, it'll be a marked improvement on previous seasons. Small steps and all that.

However, I don't know why Cobh people don't get out more either. St Colmans Park is one of the nicest small grounds in the league, certainly one of my favourites. It's in a good location and a short enough walk from the town. It's got a bar, and decent spectator facilities. What more could you want?

There's 12,800 people in the town as per the 2016 census. Where's the other 12,300?

20. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    If you can continue to get above 500 home fans in the gate though, it'll be a marked improvement on previous seasons. Small steps and all that.

However, I don't know why Cobh people don't get out more either. St Colmans Park is one of the nicest small grounds in the league, certainly one of my favourites. It's in a good location and a short enough walk from the town. It's got a bar, and decent spectator facilities. What more could you want?

There's 12,800 people in the town as per the 2016 census. Where's the other 12,300?
    I wish I knew but I suspect there's a small cohort of people with a big grudge against the club, and in a small town you know that can be pretty damaging. If they can stay in touch at the top of the table then it should improve but I feel sorry for the dedicated group who have done a good job marketing the club on social media, done school visits, summer camps etc in the past few years, they deserve better.
    ''and I for one welcome our new insect overlords''

Page 15 of 36 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast