Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    I see Trump claimed that he can bring down the price of the wall/fence after news broke that it would cost something >US$20bn.
    It's good that Trump is thinking to reduce costs for the USA taxpayer.
    Oopps...... is that the US taxpayer or the Mexican taxpayer is going to reap the benefit of Trump's resolve to bring the cost down to something less than twice as much as previous costed?
    In another worrying development, Trump has announced in a recent lengthy press conference that he has some more original and innovative ideas up his sleeve to reduce costs, as part of the crackdown on illegals he resolves to strip illegal emigrants from Mexico and elsewhere of their valuables, such as extra clothes, suitcases, jewelry, including gold fillings and hair. That's the information that was given.
    Last edited by geysir; 16/02/2017 at 9:53 PM.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Trump seems to be satisfying his base so far, which I suspect is all that really matters for now. The real test for Trump won't be talking gibberish in every press conference but when he has an actual issue of international importance to deal with and there is some sort of consequence to what he does for the people that elected him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    772 Posts

4. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    772 Posts
    Say what you want about Trump – but President Pence is going to be difficult enough to say repeatedly. President Pence preaches party politics as preposterous.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    Trump seems to be satisfying his base so far, which I suspect is all that really matters for now. The real test for Trump won't be talking gibberish in every press conference but when he has an actual issue of international importance to deal with and there is some sort of consequence to what he does for the people that elected him.
    I'd say it's more that Trump's behavior does not disturb his base, but he has more on his agenda than just to satisfy them. The motivation for his actions at present are not with the purpose of satisfying his base.
    The goal at present is more to avoid press scrutiny questions altogether, avoid having to do it, humiliate the press with new terms of abuse and repeat them ad nauseum.
    About the only valid checks and balances existing on White House actions are with the media and the courts, the White House now shout and scream abuse at them, that's a precursor to diminishing the press' ability to scrutinise and the legitimacy of the courts to judge the president's actions.
    The present state of affairs can't go on indefinitely.
    How many time can Trump reply when caught out on a blatant lie, "that was the information I was given at the time" "now lets move on and stop being hysterical"
    The first step Goebbels took after the German Nazi party pushed themselves into power was to exert control over the news media. Trump can't do the same but he can do it differently and can achieve a similar effect.
    Last edited by geysir; 17/02/2017 at 7:56 PM.

7. Thanks From:

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geysir View Post
    I'd say it's more that Trump's behavior does not disturb his base, but he has more on his agenda than just to satisfy them. The motivation for his actions at present are not with the purpose of satisfying his base.
    The goal at present is more to avoid press scrutiny questions altogether, avoid having to do it, humiliate the press with new terms of abuse and repeat them ad nauseum.
    About the only valid checks and balances existing on White House actions are with the media and the courts, the White House now shout and scream abuse at them, that's a precursor to diminishing the press' ability to scrutinise and the legitimacy of the courts to judge the president's actions.
    The present state of affairs can't go on indefinitely.
    How many time can Trump reply when caught out on a blatant lie, "that was the information I was given at the time" "now lets move on and stop being hysterical"
    The first step Goebbels took after the German Nazi party pushed themselves into power was to exert control over the news media. Trump can't do the same but he can do it differently and can achieve a similar effect.
    He's now collecting donations to fund a battle with the media: https://twitter.com/DonBeababy/statu...07404332244992

9. Thanks From:

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    Hitler in his speeches and Mein Kampf, carefully and with great deliberation plagiarised whole lines/passages from Henrik Ibsen's dramas, including Dr.Thomas Stockmann in An Enemy of the People, the same lines Trump is now using.

Ibsen and Hitler: The Playwright, The Plagiarist,

While the author goes overboard with some of his wilder theories, nevertheless 'his exhaustive research has discovered that over decades Hitler copied passages, phrases, metaphors, and themes from Ibsen’s writings and incorporated them into his speeches, his politics, and his personal life.'

Stockmann who was branded an enemy of the people had warned local people that 'germs were contaminating the water supply thus threatening the town's tourist trade'
    In Hitler's speeches the Jews were the germs threatening the health of the German nation
    or Goebbels "Each Jew is a sworn enemy of the German people"

The Stalin era accusation being branded an "enemy of the people" was a death sentence or 'gulaged' for life.

Trump "The fake news media .....is the enemy of the people"

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    899 Posts
    Trump references last Friday's terror attack in Sweden. (Nope, me neither.)
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...-terror-attack

I thought this was in The New Yorker's humour section. Now I'm not so sure.
    http://www.newyorker.com/humor/borow...-pull-this-off
    Hello, hello? What's going on? What's all this shouting, we'll have no trouble here!
    - E Tattsyrup.

12. Thanks From:

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    I echo Gary Lineker's tweeted sentiments,
    "thoughts are all with everyone in Sweden at this difficult time"

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    In a radical new development

Trump accuses 'dishonest media' of fake news at campaign rally

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Richard Seymour on "fake news" and whether it's really as new as we think:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    Trump's Sweden claims have merit.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/21/w...e=article&_r=0

Benjamin Dousa, 24, an appointed member of a local board in Rinkeby that distributes public money for schools, social services, parks and recreation and elder care, offered a less sanguine view than Mr. Derk.

Mr. Dousa, in an opinion essay for the newspaper Expressen, said that Mr. Trump’s critique had some merit.

“A battered journalist, stones thrown at the police and stores that are being plundered, unfortunately, are not unusual occurrences where I live,” he said. “I hear the police helicopter every other day.”

He said that in the neighborhood: “This type of criminality has become part of everyday life: On average, we have one outbreak of violence a month, a car fire every day and the most shootings with deadly outcomes in the country. Would this really be accepted where the prime minister lives?”

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOneWhoKnocks View Post
    The quote from one person is "some merit".

The claims that the recent spike in arrivals of emigrants/refugees have coincided with a spike in crime in Sweden have no merit. Not unless one is willing to blindly take on board the propaganda from the white shirted, bald headed, race hate nazi groups like Nordic Resistance, who peddle the highly emotive claims that there is a huge rise in rapes of beautiful blue eyed blondes by leering emigrants/refugees.
    There is some rise in reported rapes over the past 2 years due to extending the criteria for reporting a rape and an improvement in the facility for reporting rape.
    For example In the UK Reported rapes in England and Wales double in four years

What Trump in effect is doing, is enabling race hate nazi groups all around Europe, by repeating their lies, their hate, their racism, he is muddying the lines between fact and propaganda to favour the propaganda of hysteria and fear.
    Last edited by geysir; 21/02/2017 at 9:26 PM.

18. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Trump's claims with regard to Sweden are debunked here: http://www.salon.com/2017/02/21/swed...esident-trump/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    772 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geysir View Post
    There is some rise in reported rapes over the past 2 years due to extending the criteria for reporting a rape and an improvement in the facility for reporting rape.
    The rise in rape in Sweden was an issue flagged up nearly 5 years ago before the refugee crisis from Syria

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-19592372

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    I'd have to confess to utter naivety but I had never ever watched a segment of Fox "news" before until I watched the segment that they created out of thin air on the so called crime upsurge in Sweden. It was shockingly bad, the worst I have ever come across, it's hard to credit the people who view that and who "feel" their prejudices become validated. Even Goebbels would probably be turning in his grave at just how bad that attempt at propaganda was, probably would be aiming a barb that the levels of naivety have lowered beyond Canadian standards, (not my opinion)

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    They are numptys and too the apologists for them on this board.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,627 Posts
    Heads in the sand stuff if you think neighbourhoods like Rinkeby and Mohlenbeek (not to mention parts of Paris and London) are not ideal breeding grounds for Islamic radicalism and anti-West sentiment.

Head in the sand stuff if you find ways to explain away the rape rise in Sweden at the same time as immigration surges from these countries yet ignore the huge increases in violent crime, property damage, physical assaults and - yes - grenade attacks.

Heads in the sand stuff if you would rather blindly lament the rise of a right wing party in Sweden rather than ask the question as to why this has happened and simultaneously refuse to entertain the notion that perhaps current immigration policy and mass immigration is not working and is not making the citizens of Sweden (and many other countries) feel very happy or safe.

I am all for immigration. The vast majority of immigrants are good people and well intentioned and wanting to make a better life for themselves but bad immigration policy, poor supports and overly generous welfare provisions combined with open doors creates issues. Just look across Europe for examples. We should want the people coming to our countries willing to integrate and contribute and we should be positioned to allow them to succeed.

Instead of laughing at Trump because there was no terrorist attack in Sweden that Friday night (ignoring the fact that he didn't actually say there was a terrorist attack and ignoring, further, that there has been riots and violence in these neighbourhoods almost nightly since), it would be better for citizens of European countries to have an open and honest conversations about what is and what is not working well in those countries when it comes to Muslim immigration and integration.

But it's just my opinion - carry on Godwins!

24. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts

26. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,627 Posts
    I have to say Tucker is a great laugh. Embarrassing what the left is becoming. "If I say I'm a woman, I can play in women's sport".

And this is a DNC strategist and advisor, folks!

Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast