Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts
    I'm starting to think he might just quit. Seems bored -like it wasn't as much fun as he thought it'd be ...and everyone's a meany.
    " I wish to God that someone would be able to block out the voices in my head for five minutes, the voices that scream, over and over again: "Why do they come to me to die?"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Tell me this is real.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,304 Posts
    almost certain it's fake, you can't see a table behind them in the wide shot
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    almost certain it's fake, you can't see a table behind them in the wide shot
    I suspect it's fake too, although you can see a table in the wide shot. The black statue is standing on it, is it not?

The shirt cuff on what is supposed to be Trump's arm in the close-up is much longer than the real Trump's cuff in the wider shot, which isn't actually visible. That makes me suspicious. Also, it'd just be a really weird thing to do. (Not that Trump isn't weird, mind.) Regardless, I would be quite happy to pop my head in the sand and believe it is real.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    500 Posts
    It's 100% fake, mocking the fact that Trump's wife keeps slapping his hand away publicly at the moment.

Also because OF COURSE IT'S FLIPPING FAKE FFS!

6. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    772 Posts
    So long as we are querying stuff - what about this?

Screenshot_20170525-210141.jpg

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts
    The real question is: Why does the statue behind the Pope almost look like Darth Vader?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,304 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Real ale Madrid View Post
    So long as we are querying stuff - what about this?

it's fake, here's the original
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

10. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    http://listverse.com/2017/06/03/top-...te-is-a-farce/

Top 10 Reasons Russiagate is a Farce

Lack of Evidence

With insider information on the Trump administration being leaked to the press with ritual frequency, Americans can be fairly certain that if any incriminating evidence regarding Trump and the Russians existed, it would have already been leaked. Sensitive conversations shared between the highest political posts in the Oval Office are repeatedly revealed to the media, often read as word-for-word accounts of conversations between Trump and important foreign officials.

So far, White House leaks have allowed the press—and therefore, the American people—unprecedented access to office gossip between low-level aides and internal disputes involving belligerent staffers. More serious breaches of national security include phone calls between the president and foreign heads of state as well as undisclosed Oval Office meetings with Russian officials.[3]

Though President Trump has been the subject of persistent systemic efforts to leak compromising information, his approval rating remains fundamentally unchanged in the wake of any damaging direct evidence.
    Partisan Double Standards

It is simple to imagine an America where Hillary Clinton is president and, much like her predecessor, the toughest question the media asks her is: “What . . . enchanted you the most about serving in this office?”

The former Secretary of State would certainly get a free pass on ties to Russia. In one particular transaction, Clinton sat on a secretive board that swiftly approved the sale of 20 percent of America’s uranium reserves to a state-owned Russian company despite the potential national security threats such a deal entailed.[7]
    Meanwhile, a French-owned company seeking similar board approval for the purchase of significantly less risky defense assets waited two years to have their own proposal approved. Perhaps the sudden urge by investors involved in the uranium deal to donate tens of millions of dollars to the Clinton Foundation or the generous Russian bankers’ payment of $500,000 for a one-hour speech by Bill Clinton would grease the wheels that produced the board’s approval for the deal.

Evidence of a similarly controversial deal between the Trump team and Russian big business would surely result in impeachment hearings. After all, Attorney General Jeff Sessions was compelled to recuse himself from any Russiagate investigations for simply bumping into a Russian ambassador in the presence of numerous other state diplomats at the Republican National Convention in summer 2016, demonstrating the complete intolerance of lawmakers for any interaction with Russian officials.

Unreliable Sources

An alarming percentage of media reports making bold accusations about the Trump White House today rely upon uncorroborated sources to support claims of Trump-Putin collusion. Anonymous sources claimed that Comey was requesting more assets to conduct his investigation into Trump’s ties with Moscow just before he was fired.

Justice Department spokesperson Sarah Isgur Flores called this accusation “totally false.” Similarly, unnamed “officials” also claimed that the mass departure of senior State Department officials was motivated by a lack of respect for the incoming president. The truth, according to actual named sources, was that Trump requested the exodus in preparation for installing his own team.

Across the nation, unimaginative journalists are increasingly depending on unreliable or anonymous contacts to describe a chaotic, self-destructive White House living on the edge of impeachment. To relate the story of Comey’s ouster, The Washington Post relied upon “the private accounts of more than 30 officials at the White House.”[9]

In many cases, stories are going to print in which an anonymous source cites an anonymous source. To reinforce the claims of their unnamed sources, news agencies are frequently turning to each other and former Obama appointees, as if to check the journalistic box requiring at least one verifiable reference per article.
    Last edited by TheOneWhoKnocks; 03/06/2017 at 2:36 PM.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    167 Posts
    Taking a real roasting in the American media since Thursday afternoon following decision to leave Paris Accord in its current state. But most of the MSM focused on Trump's decision to pull US out of Paris Accord and that only. That was emphasised to the nth degree and only several hours later, and in some cases not until the following day, did MSM refer to Mr Trump's willingness to renegotiate the deal. So in essence they edited his full speech from the White House lawn and left it out in the public forum to maximize hysteria among the public. And when they achieved that they then released the second half of his statement. Conservative reporters are saying that Mr Trump agrees with all environmental issues that we all agree with, it's the economic part of the deal that he disagrees with.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mark12345 View Post
    Mr Trump's willingness to renegotiate the deal.
    Such a pity there's nobody to renegotiate the deal with.
    Hello, hello? What's going on? What's all this shouting, we'll have no trouble here!
    - E Tattsyrup.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    This Comey testimony is interesting. Trump kinda already got what he was looking for in the first few minutes. Just Now though: Asked about Attorney General Loretta Lynch meeting privately with Bill Clinton on the airplane runway when she was supposedly impartial in her investigation into Hillary. "I was confused and concerned that she would do that. I knew then that I had to act. I knew I had to do something. I had to preserve the case of being impartial. It was extremely concerning to me."

Asked if there was anything else he was concerned about regarding the matter: "Attorney General Lynch instructed me to refer to the Governments investigative dealing with the Clinton's as a matter and not an investigation."
    What did you think about that?
    "I was extremely concerned and confused as to why she would order me to do that. I was extremely worried about the legality of the situation."

So this is obviously Obama trying to affect a Justice Department investigation through his toadies. Sickening. Watergate all over. It's amazing, Obama did everything with a smile and a wave and the MSM behind him. But behind the scenes people like Lynch were so ham handed and obviously corrupt. Simply amazing. I hope they drag her in under oath at some point.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    772 Posts
    Because that is the real issue the world is talking about this evening. Obama's toadies.

16. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    Interesting to see what happens with today's "Referendum on Trump" In Georgia 6 runoff. Lot's of Hollywood and Soros money poured in for the Dem's Pajama Boy Candidate. They were up pretty big (especially for a Republican held district) a week ago. I think it would be a debacle for them if they didn't pull it out. Seemed like a dead heat as of yesterday. I don't rust the polls anymore for obvious reason anyway.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    487 Posts
    Polls would suggest it is on a knife edge, though you are right to sound a note of caution about opinion polls in a contest like this.

The amount of money that has been spent on it is clearly ludicrous, with sheer amount of time between the runoff and the election a big part of the problem. In the gap between the runoff (April 18th) and the election (June 20th) France has managed to hold both rounds of a Presidential election (23rd April & 7th May), and both rounds of an election for an entire National Assembly (11th & 18th June).

If the Primary was held a week or so before the election it would serve democracy a lot better in my opinion. American politicians seem to be permanently running for election. I'm not sure how any of them are ever supposed to get some governing done.
    Bring Back Belfast Celtic F.C.

International Prospect NeverFeltBetter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    582 Posts
    I think it was The West Wing where a character opined that American Presidents really have 18 months to get stuff done - after that it's mid-terms, and after that the President themselves is running for re-election (or, in a second term, is a lame-duck).

It isn't so much the two year cycle that would bother me, but the primary system at every level is just bonkers, with the Presidential primaries being one of the most illogical, lopsided and draining ways to pick a candidate that I can imagine.
    Author of Never Felt Better (History, Film Reviews).

20. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    I'm really surprised they couldn't pull that one out.
    GOP sends another woman to Congress, a first for an "R" from Georgia I believe. She's frozen Yogurt money, from the "16 Handel's" family. (Never head of it personally.) She shied away from Donald during the campaign but thanked him last night. I don't think it helped that Ossoff couldn't even vote since he didn't live in the district. Dems thought they had a chance in all five of the special elections, thought for sure they would win 2. Went 0-5. This one has got to hurt. Sally Kohn and the like offering the usual spin this morning but they really should have won this. If Trump can get a decent Health Bill signed and then tax reform this "wave" the Dems are counting on might be more of a puddle. So far they are batting 0.00. On a side note...will they ask D-lister 1980s "star" Alyssa Milano to stop supporting candidates? Talk about Diarrhea of the mouth. Voter poison.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    772 Posts
    Gas how Trump can claim the Dems to be 0-5 over the course of 4 elections.

Dems made serious ground in each, making 3 of the 4 toss ups in the next round of elections.
    Huge swing of nearly 10% in S Car 5 & Georgia 6. Montana difficult to assess due to other candidates in 16' and Dems vote % has gone from 29% to 46% in Kansas 4, all in just 1 year.

"If Trump can get a decent health bill" is like saying if North Korea can get a decent round of nuclear testing going over Western Europe.

I am certainly interested in his version of Tax reform mind you, I'd take a bet that he himself will be the biggest beneficiary of any reform.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    The gains they made are completely meaningless. The party is imploding. Do you know how many seats across the country they have lost total since 2008? Locally and state wide as well?

Jeh Johnson VS Debbie WS...which one is lying? My bet is on Debbie. One of the true clowns of the Dems.

So many of the O'Care providers are pulling out, they had to do something. Obama's comments today about how people can lose their insurance showed an amazing lack of self awareness. "If you like your Doctor, You can keep your Doctor...."

He knew that was a lie when he said it. Really not a nice thing to do. I think Trump is on the rise. Will he say stupid stuff on twitter? Probably. But even Mike Bloomberg today was saying it's time to accept he is Prez. A lot of people had a hard time under BHO. They deserve a shot too. Maybe things will get better for them under DJT. The Health bill wont be perfect.

Black/Hispanic neighborhoods have been dealing with Heroin problems since Vietnam. For example, Tracey Morgan's father got hooked in Nam in the late 60s and ended up dying of AIDS BC of the needle. Now that it's affecting little Susie and Johnny in suburbia where they grew up wealthy suddenly it's a big concern. I get that. It's not fair. One good way to avoid Heroin addiction and not have to rely on the Gov't to spend tens of thousands of dollars to clean you up is to not get addicted in the first place. I don't think not getting addicted to Heroin is too much to ask. And these people who are walking around on pills all day stealing from family and getting busted for forged prescriptions don't have Health Ins anyway. You can't lose something you don't have. Rehab will be on the house either way. Free of charge, as many times as you want to go. Just a phone number away in NY and NJ as anyone with a TV now knows.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    772 Posts
    I've read it twice , can not compute. O'Care, Debbie WS, BHO, DJT and don't get addicted to heroin if you want to be healthy? Am I close?

Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast