Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Pre-Season Friendlies

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Pre-Season Friendlies

Anyone heading to Clonshaugh tomorrow for the Bray game?
    Also, has anyone a decent squadlist they can post?
    Sporting F*ck All!

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts
    Yep LTFC i will be at game tommorrow night. I dont have any squadlist to hand so I will be very much in the dark like everyone there tommorrow night!
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    810 Posts
    Working tomorrow so won't make it. Will be at Tuesday's game and should make second half of harps game on Saturday. Hoping to get to the bohs game at home and pats away too. Love that we have so many home pre season games this year.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by outspoken View Post
    Working tomorrow so won't make it. Will be at Tuesday's game and should make second half of harps game on Saturday. Hoping to get to the bohs game at home and pats away too. Love that we have so many home pre season games this year.
    the home friendlies are the death for me this preseason. I am working every night the preseason at home is on but will be in Baldonnell for Pats friendly for first time since early 2000 since we played St Francis. I am going to go to more away games this season and cut back on the home games when I am scheduled to work considering how little football I saw from August onwards especially the away ones!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    185 Posts
    Decent performance in the end from us tonight after a shaky opening 20 minutes or so. McGlade was very lively once he got into the game. Could be a real weapon this year. Zambra impressed in the middle, seems a real grafter and was neat and tidy on the ball. Curran looked decent in the second half too and Walsh was very good at centre half. Poor goal to give away early on with Skinner seeming to lose flight of an innocuous enough shot but overall it was very encouraging. Not sure how we didn't score in the last 15 or 20 minutes of the first half. All in all a decent run out.

6. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    810 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by De Town View Post
    Decent performance in the end from us tonight after a shaky opening 20 minutes or so. McGlade was very lively once he got into the game. Could be a real weapon this year. Zambra impressed in the middle, seems a real grafter and was neat and tidy on the ball. Curran looked decent in the second half too and Walsh was very good at centre half. Poor goal to give away early on with Skinner seeming to lose flight of an innocuous enough shot but overall it was very encouraging. Not sure how we didn't score in the last 15 or 20 minutes of the first half. All in all a decent run out.
    Heard Brady impressed after he came on? Would love to see him grab the number 1 jersey. What way did we line out? Looked like a 433 on paper which surprised me given I thought Mathews would stick with 442 all season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts
    Heard Brady impressed after he came on? Would love to see him grab the number 1 jersey. What way did we line out? Looked like a 433 on paper which surprised me given I thought Mathews would stick with 442 all season.
    I thought also that Don looked sharp from the start and looks back to his best.That new lad Beya showed some fancy footwork when he came on.I had no idea that he was a local lad. For the first time in years we are producing locals for the first time squad and for the first time in my life I came across a lad that was on the subs bench for us Aodh Dervin that i have known at matches since he was nine. So thats a first but its highly encouraging the local conveyor belt we are producing at long last and should draw out lads that normally dont go to a town game. For those that wouldnt know Aodh's dad is Damien Dervan ex town committee member and long term town fan.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts
    oh by the way I heard in Clonshaugh last night that Jamie Mulhall was asked to stay by AM but he has decided to quit due to personal reasons. He will be going to play LSL football. For whom I dont know!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    810 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinho II View Post
    oh by the way I heard in Clonshaugh last night that Jamie Mulhall was asked to stay by AM but he has decided to quit due to personal reasons. He will be going to play LSL football. For whom I dont know!
    Yeah was told a few weeks ago he's taking a break. A season or two in the LSL be no harm for him at all. Lads often find their hunger playing week in week out again.

11. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    810 Posts
    What did everyone make of tonight? Brady far more solid than Skinner who made a number of mistakes when he came on. Friel looks a baller but switches off every now and again like for sligos equaliser. Walsh and Havo look like a rock solid partnership. Wouldn't be convinced by O'Reilly at LB. McGlade is magic, can't wait to watch him all season. Even tho Zambra did ok I still feel we are lacking legs in the centre. Plenty of creativity but legs are Defo lacking, hopefully we can get away with it in the FD. Sully, .Curran and Mulhall give us loads of options up top. Overall we look far more organised under Mathews and finally we have a manager who will have us terrorising teams with set pieces and been able to defend them at the other end. All 3 of our goals tonight coming from set pieces. Stand out performer was McGlade with Walsh, Haverty and Friel behind.

13. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    Anyone know if the pitch can take all the rain I'm sure the surface is fine but will it be waterlogged and force the match to be off

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    810 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Darklordsbane View Post
    Anyone know if the pitch can take all the rain I'm sure the surface is fine but will it be waterlogged and force the match to be off
    Hasn't rained much down here. Pitch was very long the last night I'd say there's no issue with surface water.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    810 Posts
    Thursday's game now in the AUL in Dublin, probably to give the pitch some recovery time, cut up very badly yesterday. No doubt our fantastic ground staff will have it in tip top shape for cobh at home. Always been one of the best surfaces around.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts
    Thursday's game now in the AUL in Dublin, probably to give the pitch some recovery time, cut up very badly yesterday. No doubt our fantastic ground staff will have it in tip top shape for cobh at home. Always been one of the best surfaces around.
    great news for me. If i get a few hours off work on Thursday I will attend this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    810 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinho II View Post
    great news for me. If i get a few hours off work on Thursday I will attend this.
    Might spin up myself if work is quiet

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    tonights game is in Richmond park not St Francis just in case you didn't know