Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Republic of Ireland v. Wales - Friday, 24th March 2017 - World Cup 2018 Qualifier

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Diggs246 View Post
    Also the rules are there for a reason. He should be in Dublin not Dubai. MON and Roy are clear they couldn't give a rats ass what the various club medical teams say. So I think it's fair to say the player has pulled out and has said he isn't travelling.
    The management/medical team have obviously decided not to enforce the rule, so I think it would be reasonable to assume they've been provided with sufficient medical evidence to substantiate Bournemouth's injury claims.

What you're saying is tantamount to accusing Arter of going AWOL without any consultation with our management or medical team. That's a pretty serious allegation and it's totally groundless.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by liamoo11 View Post
    McCarthy is a warrior for us really think he will play Friday which will be huge for us. Join him with Hendrick and Gibson behind mcgeady McLean and long. Gives you Walters and Murphy if we need to go long in last 15 mins. No wes is a kick in the teeth
    Yes. McCarthy's attitude is a refreshing contrast to that of Arter's. Meyler, too, will always turn up and give 110% to the cause. Hourihane can come in and give us a bit of impetus and goalscoring threat.

I agree it would be best to go with Long up front and bring on the aerial bombardment (Walters, Murphy) for the last 20 minutes if Plan A doesn't work.

Hopefully we will get a better outlook on Hoolahan once he shows up in Dublin so we can get a look at him.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    479 Posts
    I'm saying I'm not satisfied. I just feel and it is only an opinion if it was whelan or McClean in the same boat they would swim to dublin

4. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Wales 24/3/17
    That's not your answer to this, is it?:

Quote Originally Posted by DannyInvincible View Post
    Which squads did he pull out of before then featuring for Bournemouth the following weekend?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    I'm saying I'm not satisfied. I just feel and it is only an opinion if it was whelan or McClean in the same boat they would swim to dublin
    And you're not privy to the full facts. You have very little insider info. Thus, your opinion isn't worth a huge deal.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    Sorry he does have 4 caps my error. But I am concerned it looks and feels terrible and he has pulled out of squads and then played the following weekend for his club. I fear he will play for Bournemouth on Saturday week
    He didn't get injured yesterday, it's entirely possible he wouldn't be fit for Friday, or even to take part in training this week, but after two weeks in Dubai he'll have recovered
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    479 Posts
    Neither I you Daniel. This is a forum it's based on opinions. BTW I would love to be wrong

9. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Neither I you Daniel.
    Which is why I'm not blindly jumping to conclusions and casting aspersions over Arter's commitment.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    6 starters potentially out for Friday.

You would take the draw.
    You've got no fans.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MeathDrog View Post
    6 starters potentially out for Friday.

You would take the draw.
    O'Shea and Keogh started against Germany and absorbed a similar amount of pressure to what we should expect on Friday. Ward & Coleman are first choice full backs. Randolph is deservedly first choice goalkeeper. Whelan and Hendrick would probably be starting anyway. McCarthy hasn't been ruled out. Meyler impressed more than Arter against Austria IMO and has filled in admirably several times inc. Germany. We can choose between McGeady, McClean, Horgan, Walters and others for the wide positions. Our two best options to play up front (Long, Murphy) are both available and neither are guaranteed to start.

All this and I haven't mentioned Conor Hourihane who could come in and do a job for us.

It's not doom and gloom.

Though it would be a bit worrying if O'Shea or Keogh were to pick up a knock.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    All fair points. I'm not worried about who can step in. We have plenty of experience to choose from.

Losing out on Arter, Wes and Brady in particular hurts us creatively. Hendrick in particular will have to step up.

With a full squad to choose from I would put us slight favourites. As it stands now, with Wales desperate for a win, I have them slight favourites.

I predict a score draw which all things considered would be a good result.
    You've got no fans.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyInvincible View Post
    Which is why I'm not blindly jumping to conclusions and casting aspersions over Arter's commitment.
    Agreed.
    Arter has been officially ruled out of the game because of an injury. It's standard procedure that an injured player remains with the club. If the club are moving en masse to Dubai, then he follows them and continues with his supervised rehab program. Any aspersion cast on Arter about this, is utter drivel.

15. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geysir View Post
    Ramsay was rank rotten for Arsenal v West Brom.
    I thought he was excellent. Was at the center of everything positive for Arsenal. Always links the play very well.

17. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mark12345 View Post
    I thought he was excellent. Was at the center of everything positive for Arsenal. Always links the play very well.
    Drivel in other words.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by liamoo11 View Post
    McCarthy is a warrior for us really think he will play Friday which will be huge for us. Join him with Hendrick and Gibson behind mcgeady McLean and long. Gives you Walters and Murphy if we need to go long in last 15 mins. No wes is a kick in the teeth
    Substitute Gibson for Hourihane or O'Kane and you've got quite a good looking attack (biggest fear is that Whelan will be included in the starting 11 - guaranteed not to win if that's the case).
    Also a pity Liam Kelly doesn't have a year or two more under his belt. He's just the type of player we need in this team.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOneWhoKnocks View Post
    Drivel in other words.
    No, quite good actually. He's the one we've got to watch on Friday night

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    451 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mark12345 View Post
    Substitute Gibson for Hourihane or O'Kane and you've got quite a good looking attack (biggest fear is that Whelan will be included in the starting 11 - guaranteed not to win if that's the case).
    Also a pity Liam Kelly doesn't have a year or two more under his belt. He's just the type of player we need in this team.
    I think Gibson gives you that incisive crisp passing to open things up for the pace of long McLean and mcgeady. O Kane is tidy and neat but doesn't have that passing quality and I can't see hourihane been given his first cap in such a big game

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    Well there is no way Gibson and Whelan are playing in the same team and Whelan is probably going to be viewed as even more important than he already is due to the other personnel missing/potentially missing, so I just can't see Gibson featuring.

Walters is a lock and MON seems to like Murphy.

Can you imagine a team with Whelan, Gibson and Walters in it? They would run rings around us.

I think Gibson is getting back into the swing of things. Give him until the summer to see if he can remain injury free and keep an eye on his progress. I think the tempo and feel of this game isn't a good match for him.

I'm not terribly gone on O'Kane either from what I have seen of him.

I would be far more in tune with throwing Hourihane in TBH. I think he's a confident lad who won't shirk the occasion and has the right mix of ingenuity and bite.
    Last edited by TheOneWhoKnocks; 19/03/2017 at 8:34 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    https://twitter.com/McDonnellDan/status/843559538230022144

Arter, Elliot, McShane, Clark, Kelly & McGoldrick out of Wales game. Pilkington, Gleeson, Gibson, Rooney, Doherty cut
    Hoolahan and McCarthy are still fighting for an opportunity to participate on Friday.
    Last edited by TheOneWhoKnocks; 19/03/2017 at 9:02 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    Dan McDonnell tweeting in the last few minutes:

"Arter, Elliot, McShane, Clark, Kelly & McGoldrick out of Wales game.

Pilkington, Gleeson, Gibson, Rooney, Doherty cut"
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

25. Thanks From:

Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast