Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Fixtures

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts
    Lads yer way out the curry chips at the markets field are seriously top notch the only down side is it will cost you a tenner

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thomas72 View Post
    Lads yer way out the curry chips at the markets field are seriously top notch the only down side is it will cost you a tenner
    A tenner !! Thats a 3 course meal and a drink in tallaght.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    We have 2 bars in Oriel. We just don't let certain clubs fans into them

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dundalkfc10 View Post
    Feckin UCD fans.

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    819 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dundalkfc10 View Post
    Yet no crisps and minerals. Small club.

6. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    363 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by outspoken View Post
    Only way Oriel can be improved properly is the main stand is built the length of the pitch that side of the ground, redevelop the shed the far side and put a small shed behind the far goals for away supporters.
    Any ground redevelopment will be obviously subject to planning applications. The main stand being extended to the full length would be ideal, but there might be issues extending it to the area where the away fans stand currently as there is housing behind that. I don't see the away fans ever moving too far from the current area, maybe behind that goal would work, access for fans is the problem, they will need to enter and exit from the current spot.

A new stand behind the home goal would look great, cover up that awful semi grass bank.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts
    So all Derry matches have now been moved to Friday. Except the first Drogheda one, which is now moved to Saturday 18th March.

Can't say I'm delighted about this.
    Firstly, moving from Sunday afternoon will hurt crowds. I can't see the logic in using Fridays instead. Sundays were handy for most Derry-based fans. Fridays are basically impossible for anyone working in the likes of Belfast.
    Secondly, changing the fixtures over two weeks after they've been announced is not on. People have bought season tickets based on the fixture list. I assume there will be some people demanding a refund (people living in Belfast, for example). Others will have booked flights, time off work, etc. Bang out of order from the club, IMO.
    Thirdly, the Drogheda match that was meant to be on Paddy's Day (a Friday) is now moved to the next day. Would like to hear an explanation about this one. Bank holiday, more people around and off work, easy sell for a day in Buncrana, keeping in line with playing on Fridays now, and we move it.

Oh, and we may revert back to Sundays later in the season too, maybe after the mid-season break, apparently. But maybe not. Who knows.
    Great incentive for buying a season ticket there.
    Have you ever won the treble?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brendy_éire View Post
    So all Derry matches have now been moved to Friday. Except the first Drogheda one, which is now moved to Saturday 18th March.
    We've hotels booked!!

I was on the long shift in work yesterday had my phone on me til 2am and I didn't get so much as a text message from anyone at derry city askin was I ok with it.

International Prospect bennocelt's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    335 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brendy_éire View Post

Can't say I'm delighted about this.
    Firstly, moving from Sunday afternoon will hurt crowds. I can't see the logic in using Fridays instead. Sundays were handy for most Derry-based fans. Fridays are basically impossible for anyone working in the likes of Belfast.
    Secondly, changing the fixtures over two weeks after they've been announced is not on. People have bought season tickets based on the fixture list. I assume there will be some people demanding a refund (people living in Belfast, for example). Others will have booked flights, time off work, etc. Bang out of order from the club, IMO.
    Thirdly, the Drogheda match that was meant to be on Paddy's Day (a Friday) is now moved to the next day. Would like to hear an explanation about this one. Bank holiday, more people around and off work, easy sell for a day in Buncrana, keeping in line with playing on Fridays now, and we move it.
    Three of us from Switzerland were going to book our tickets soon to ireland to take in dublin, sligo and derry on the sunday ......wow,will have to change our plans now......least the wife will be happy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    363 Posts
    Limerick lads, might be a long way off but I want to book somewhere for our away match in May. I've never been to the MF, so looking for suggestions for a hotel, nice crew of us heading down, and I think it's 6.30 for your home matches. Would you go for a city centre hotel or one on the outskirts ?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post
    Limerick lads, might be a long way off but I want to book somewhere for our away match in May. I've never been to the MF, so looking for suggestions for a hotel, nice crew of us heading down, and I think it's 6.30 for your home matches. Would you go for a city centre hotel or one on the outskirts ?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
    I'd say definitely city centre hotel. You won't be far from the Markets Field and it will save on taxis.

If you are looking for cheap and cheerful I'd say try the Pier Hotel. A lot of people stay there when coming for Munster games and it's pretty much in the middle of town, beside the Shannon. Only a few minutes walk from most of the best pubs for a night out.

If you want to be right in the middle of all the nightlife there is the The Boutique hotel. It's a small hotel but is literally in the middle of all the pubs and nightclubs.

Limerick FC would be most associated at the moment is the Limerick City Hotel but it's a little further away from the main part of town you'd be going out in but it has a McGettigans as it's bar and is a larger hotel than the other two.
    Last edited by Jofspring; 28/01/2017 at 9:40 PM.

13. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    5 star savoy hotel, 4 star strand, no 1 pery square, absolute and boutique. 3 star glentworth, 2 star and less pier 1 and Limerick city hotel

15. Thanks From:

International Prospect CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    857 Posts
    And say they wanted one that rented rooms by the hour, where would they hit for Gael ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    363 Posts
    Thanks for all the suggestions guys, we'll def book one of these. Looking forward to the trip, even if its months away!

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts
    I wholeheartedly endorse the Limerick City Hotel. http://www.limerickcityhotel.ie/bar-...-limerick.html
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

19. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    363 Posts
    Some great suggestions there guys, the detail is important as i think its essential to meet local fans when having a stop over. We were down in Cork in 2015 and had brilliant craic in the Evergreen Bar. There was only around 10 of us, think most of the other Dlk fans were in other city bars, but have to say the locals and staff were top class. It wasn't the intention as we planned to head into the city but we stayed all night in the evergreen after the match.

Limerick lads, where are the best pubs with Limerick FC fans pre and post match?

Ps anyone going to Dundalk away matches, the closest pub and a good football one too that does food up to 6pm is Kennedys, right opposite the train station. The Jockeys a little further into the town is another good option.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Some great suggestions there guys, the detail is important as i think its essential to meet local fans when having a stop over. We were down in Cork in 2015 and had brilliant craic in the Evergreen Bar. There was only around 10 of us, think most of the other Dlk fans were in other city bars, but have to say the locals and staff were top class. It wasn't the intention as we planned to head into the city but we stayed all night in the evergreen after the match.

Limerick lads, where are the best pubs with Limerick FC fans pre and post match?

Ps anyone going to Dundalk away matches, the closest pub and a good football one too that does food up to 6pm is Kennedys, right opposite the train station. The Jockeys a little further into the town is another good option.
    Jerry O'Deas is the bar for before the game always packed with Limerick fans if crowd is good,its literally across the road from the ground next to the prison. Head back there after the game too as what most lads I know usually do is head back there then move on to the Still House which is fairly centrally located in town.

22. Thanks From:

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    819 Posts

Kennedys is sh1te, they don't like any bit of a sing song at all, football pub me hoop.

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by outspoken View Post
    Kennedys is sh1te, they don't like any bit of a sing song at all, football pub me hoop.
    But they have a fantastic crisps selection............

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    I'd say there is a chance Limerick vs Dundalk on the 20th could be moved. Possibly just the kick off time. Munster are playing the pro 12 Semi-final in Thomond Park the same day.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast