Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Andy Boyle

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts

Andy Boyle

Moving to Preston next month supposedly.

Sadly viewing the houses that were once Milltown
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    778 Posts
    Better get his boxing gloves ready
    Forget about the performance or entertainment. It's only the result that matters.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    There's been a lot of rumours lately but nothing of substance so far. If Dundalk get through to the next round of the Europa League I don't expect either him or Horgan to leave.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    http://www.pne-online.net/forum/show...91-Sean-Gannon

We don't want any more players from over there.
    Apart from the idiot who said that, they generally appear to be positive about the potential signings of Boyle, Horgan and Gannon.
    Last edited by TheOneWhoKnocks; 07/12/2016 at 2:04 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    tempted to lock this until any transfer is confirmed. Boyle is currently a Dundalk player, any discussions on him should be in the Dundalk, or League of Ireland, folder
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,612 Posts
    Given that Boyle (and Horgan) made the most recent Ireland squad, should they not be entitled to their own thread in the Ireland forum? I would certainly support that.

7. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    Is this forum for players outside of the League of Ireland only?
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

9. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    I suppose it's a bit of an usual situation in that it's so rare for a domestic club player to get called up to an Ireland senior squad. I think the (unwritten?) rule is to only start a thread when a player has made a match day squad (minimum) for a club outside of the LOI. This is a pretty good policy but I think if a domestic club player makes the Irish senior squad it should be fair game too.

After all, they would qualify for the sticky thread on this forum linking all of our senior international players (or is it just international players at any level). Speaking of which, it would be great if that facility could be maintained and the player names put in alphabetical order. That's not a criticism of anybody, people have lives to live, but the way it is at the moment it's just easier to use the search facility I find.
    Last edited by DeLorean; 08/12/2016 at 9:55 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DeLorean View Post
    I suppose it's a bit of an usual situation in that it's so rare for a domestic club player to get called up to an Ireland senior squad. I think the (unwritten?) rule is to only start a thread when a player has made a match day squad (minimum) for a club outside of the LOI. This is a pretty good policy but I think if a domestic club player makes the Irish senior squad it should be fair game too.

After all, they would qualify for the sticky thread on this forum linking all of our senior international players (or is it just international players at any level). Speaking of which, it would be great if that facility could be maintained and the player names put in alphabetical order. That's not a criticism of anybody, people have lives to live, but the way it is at the moment it's just easier to use the search facility I find.
    by first name or surname?
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    by first name or surname?
    Surname.

Like this please...

Given, Shay

Last edited by DeLorean; 08/12/2016 at 12:05 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    Boyle's agent (Patrick Conliffe) has confirmed the move on Twitter.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    On the bench today against villa, Horgan starts. Currently 2-0 down.

Closed Account
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    On the bench today against villa, Horgan starts. Currently 2-0 down.
    Horgan on the bench too, expect him on early in the 2nd half.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    Drops out of PNE's squad for this afternoon's game.

Cunningham, Browne and McGeady start.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    Starts tonight.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Boyle played the full 90 minutes for Preston tonight away to Derby. The game ended 1-1 with Preston conceding in the 50th minute before equalising in the last minute.

Dave Seddon of the Lancashire Evening Post tweeted about Boyle's performance: "Impressed with Andy Boyle on his PNE debut, didn't put a foot wrong."

A Preston season-ticket holder tweeted further praise in response to that: "thought he played very well and looked settled and solid, should play him a lot more."

Seems he did very well then. 26th birthday today too.
    Last edited by DannyInvincible; 08/03/2017 at 10:59 AM. Reason: Had time of Derby goal completely wrong originally.

19. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    Preston fans very pleased with him to a man.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyInvincible View Post
    Boyle played the full 90 minutes for Preston tonight away to Derby. The game ended 1-1 with Preston conceding in the last minute.

Dave Seddon of the Lancashire Evening Post tweeted about Boyle's performance: "Impressed with Andy Boyle on his PNE debut, didn't put a foot wrong."

A Preston season-ticket holder tweeted further praise in response to that: "thought he played very well and looked settled and solid, should play him a lot more."

Seems he did very well then. 26th birthday today too.
    Preston scored a last minute equaliser, they conceded in the 50th minute.

Great to see Boyler finally get his debut, he has been patient. Would love to see him get a good run in the team, I think he is going to be a really good CB for Ireland in the future.

22. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ArFella View Post
    I think he is going to be a really good CB for Ireland in the future.
    Interesting. With Duffy (25) and Clark (27) our first choice pairing at the moment he has a lot of work to do. Both of those are likely to be Premier League players next year too, hopefully they can keep their places at their clubs if and when that happens. He won't have to worry about O'Shea for much longer and Keogh is in his thirties now also but will obviously be around for a while yet. Then you've got serial squad members like Pearce (28) and McShane (31) and other prospects like Egan (24) and Hoban (23).

I'm probably forgetting a couple as well so Boyle has his work cut out in that regard, but that was a big step for him last night.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    RTÉ write-up on Boyle's "composed" debut: http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2017/...preston-debut/

Quote Originally Posted by RTÉ
    Andy Boyle had a birthday to remember as he made his Preston North End debut in the 1-1 draw with Derby County, and was singled out for praise post-match by manager Simon Grayson.

Tom Barkhuizen's 95th-minute goal ensured the Lilywhites left with a point and sit in ninth place, nine points outside the play-off positions.

For former Dundalk player Boyle, it was a special night on his 26th birthday as he was selected at the heart of the defence, with Greg Cunningham and Aiden McGeady also starting at Pride Park.

His former Dundalk team-mate Daryl Horgan was introduced as a substitute in a strong Irish contingent on the night.

While Horgan has caught the eye since the pair moved earlier this season to Deepdale, Boyle has had to bide his time.

“I've waited a while but I can't have any complaints as the lads have been doing really well and it's difficult to get into the team," Boyle told the club website.

"I found out an hour and a half before kick-off so it was a late enough one but we'd done plenty of work in preparation in our shape and things like that.

"You have to be ready for these types of occasions when they're brought upon you."

Grayson said the Irishman deserved his opportunity and grasped it with both hands.

"He’s taken his opportunity and he should be a very proud lad"
    “I was really pleased with him,” he told the Lancashire Evening Post. “The lad’s waited patiently and everyone saw what a composed centre half he is.

“He defends when he needs to defend and he can handle the ball as well. He’s a modern centre back. He’s taken his opportunity and he should be a very proud lad.”

Boyle admitted he was happy with how he performed on the night, slotting into the back four alongside Paul Huntington.

"I've been looking forward to this moment since I signed," he said.

"I thought I did okay - It would have been nice to keep a clean sheet but a point is the main thing and that keeps us going."

Preston remain unlikely to reach the play-offs though, and a draw won't have been the best result for them in that regard. They have ten games still to play.

Quote Originally Posted by ArFella View Post
    Preston scored a last minute equaliser, they conceded in the 50th minute.
    Yup, total error on my part and I've corrected it now. Sorry about that and cheers for the correction. Having not seen the game (I hadn't been following updates it in real time either), I somehow completely misread the post-match info on LiveScore.

25. Thanks From:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast