Thread: Richard Dunne

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geysir View Post
    Dunne said nothing about that.
    No he didn't but you've got to think he said/done/insinuated something.

"The Euros group games in his neck of the woods don't really float his boat and he's unsure about tickets for the Ireland matches. It's unlikely he would struggle if he put his mind to it but, with a shrug of the shoulders, you sense that he is not going to lose any sleep either way."

I dont think you saw his shrug of the shoulders or were there when this interview took place, so I'll trust McDonnells judgement on this.
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    Joey Barton: 'Fighting ex Everton defender Richard Dunne nearly got me deported from Thailand'

Joey Barton has recalled his infamous fight in a Thai bar with ex- Everton defender Richard Dunne.

Barton makes the claim in his new book “No Nonsense” saying the pair, then at Manchester City, came to blows following a penalty shoot-out win over Everton in a pre-season tournament.

The Huyton-born midfielder recounts the night in 2005 that new manager Stuart Pearce made a ‘rookie’s mistake’ in allowing the squad to go for a few drinks after the game.

Barton writes: “I take after my grandad, in that I am an angry, articulate drunk.

“When Dunney [Richard Dunne] had the bright idea of ordering a couple of bottles of wine, and then a couple more, the tenor of the night was set.”

He then recalls the meeting of some Everton fans in the bar which would change the mood of the evening dramatically:

“He [Everton fan] began to denigrate Robbie Fowler as a cokehead and a coward, because he wasn’t on the trip. Bob was injured, and I wasn’t going to put up with lazy, vindictive lies about him. I could feel the mist start to descend.”

A fracas began during which the fan ‘slipped away to complain to Dunney.’

Barton: “I went back to my pint and was soon confronted by the Honey Monster [Dunne], who was as buried in booze as I was. ‘F***ing get over there now and apologise!’ he screamed. I declined.

“Dunney grabbed me by the throat, and pushed me back against the wall. He was bigger than me and stronger than me so wrestling was out of the question. I turned feral, and sank my teeth into his fist as hard as I could.

“I rugby tackled him before he could react. Our momentum took us over some steps and into a secondary tier, where Dunney crashed through a glass coffee table.

“'You’re going to have to fight him now. He’s a big lad, but nothing to be scared of'. I leaped back to the bar and grabbed a pint glass. Tim Flowers recognised my intention of smashing it across Dunney’s head, and threw himself at me.

“I could hear Dunney screaming, he was being frog marched to a secure area, and was so out of control he kicked a plant pot, breaking a bone in his foot.”

He added: “Pearce was unequivocal. He wanted me thrown into a Thai jail, to await deportation. Club officials were rather less impulsive. They extracted promises that all damages would be paid for, and hustled me out of a side entrance and off to the airport.”
    http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport...erton-11918010
    Last edited by TheOneWhoKnocks; 23/09/2016 at 8:31 PM.

International Prospect tricky_colour's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    621 Posts
    Bit of an idiot picking a fight with Richard Dunne!

4. Thanks From:

Formerly: vega007 Colbert Report's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    162 Posts
    Heard a great interview with Richard Dunne recently. He's moved his family to France and is getting into all sorts of hijinks playing five a side against the locals.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    Some lengthy paddywhackery from Football365: http://www.football365.com/news/foot...-richard-dunne

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,308 Posts
    only a week late to the party TOWK, and it's no different to any of the other entries in the weekly "Football People on TV" column
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    only a week late to the party TOWK, and it's no different to any of the other entries in the weekly "Football People on TV" column
    I'd love to see what he would write for an entry on Shunsuke Nakamura, George Weah, Cuauhtemoc Blanco, Michael Chopra and Freddy Eastwood (Gypsy) if they had a punditry gig on TV.

I'm assuming there are copious racial jibes in every entry?

I know Irish people have a high threshold for being mocked but it's not always in good humor (although it's easy to hide it as such).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,308 Posts
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    From that football 365 article, that linked yt video of Dunne v Russia should be a sticky all by itself.

I'd forgotten about this particular passage of play v Russia

https://youtu.be/2SbegiQbmp8?t=226

11. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    604 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOneWhoKnocks View Post
    I'd love to see what he would write for an entry on Shunsuke Nakamura, George Weah, Cuauhtemoc Blanco, Michael Chopra and Freddy Eastwood (Gypsy) if they had a punditry gig on TV.

I'm assuming there are copious racial jibes in every entry?

I know Irish people have a high threshold for being mocked but it's not always in good humor (although it's easy to hide it as such).
    Bart: Ladies and gentlemen! Whacking Day is a sham! It was originally conceived in 1922 as an excuse to beat up on the Irish. Old Irishman: 'Tis true. I took many a lump, but 'twas all in fun.

13. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    I've read the Le Saux, White and McCoist ones so far.

So far the two Scots, White and McCoist, get pretty tame treatment compared to Dunne. Between the two of them, this is pretty much the only thing I could find to complain about.

Too drunk to get a plane to Glasgow – a city that would make sobriety a criminal offence, if it could – now that’s proper drunk.

Page 66 of 66 FirstFirst ... 1656646566