Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Shane Keegan in at Galway United

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts
    If he loved ye that much, he wouldn't have been negotiating a contract with another club in such a crucial week for the Youffs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    327 Posts
    Have to say, I find it a very odd appointment. Not sure how Keegan would be the manager to bring Galway forward. Time will tell I guess...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts
    Totally agree - it's like appointing Long as Bohs manager. That's not a dig, by the way - neither of those appointments get/got the juices flowing

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Such a strange statement by Wallace. I wonder did he consult with anyone at all before releasing that? It has all the makings of someone who was out on the beer before deciding to go on a rant.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

6. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    Such a strange statement by Wallace. I wonder did he consult with anyone at all before releasing that? It has all the makings of someone who was out on the beer before deciding to go on a rant.
    I think it is a good statement. It acknowledged the great input and achievement by Shane Keegan, yet signalled our rightful intention to refer Galway to the FAI

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oldyouth View Post
    I think it is a good statement. It acknowledged the great input and achievement by Shane Keegan, yet signalled our rightful intention to refer Galway to the FAI
    Galway never said Keegan was to be their manager. It was a local newspaper in Galway that did. The only possible reason Galway could face repercussion is if they never approached Wexford for permission to speak to their under-contract manager and if they have not signaled any intention to pay compensation.

Also, the following paragraph smacks of pure amateurism and while it may be somewhat correct, there's no need for it in an official club statement.

"The Wexford Youths club is now ten years old, not many of the experts back then thought we'd still be around ten years later - Well, get used to it, we're here for the long term, and remain determined to show that our social, community project will remain a sustainable one."
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts
    Galway never said Keegan was to be their manager. It was a local newspaper in Galway that did. The only possible reason Galway could face repercussion is if they never approached Wexford for permission to speak to their under-contract manager and if they have not signaled any intention to pay compensation.

Also, the following paragraph smacks of pure amateurism and while it may be somewhat correct, there's no need for it in an official club statement.

"The Wexford Youths club is now ten years old, not many of the experts back then thought we'd still be around ten years later - Well, get used to it, we're here for the long term, and remain determined to show that our social, community project will remain a sustainable one."
    Keegan admitted he had been in discussions with Galway in an interview he did for the Indo.

"I haven't signed anything with Galway United. There's interest on both sides which we said we'd look into once the playoffs was over. That's essentially where it's at but it's going to be perceived now the way it's going to be perceived and there's sweet FA I can do about it"

Also he signed the contract on Saturday, so they must have a very efficient legal team to draft the contract from 1st talks Saturday morning to signing paperwork in the afternoon without permission from WYFC

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts
    No harm in Wexford / Wallace sounding a defiant note at a time when people around the club would obviously be feeling very down.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

11. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by da bishop View Post
    So Galway get rid of the manager who has got them up and consolidated and are about to replace him with a manager who now has a relegation on his c.v.......hmm.
    And players leaving.
    I'd be worried as a Galway fan
    "Now jump up there and stuff that son of a bitch in the basket, chief"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts
    Your all looking at this upside down. Shane took over the Youths when we were a basket case (1 home win all season in the last game). Without any money, he transformed us in to a team that won the 1st division winning 20/28 games playing the best football in the division. The very fact that virtually the same squad, training 2 evenings a week, were able to compete at all is down to the work Shane put in. He studied every team, every opponent and set us up to see if we could handle the opposition. Players left because they only got petrol money from us and they were offered a wage and a chance to travel. With proper resources, Shane Keegan will be driven to succeed. I don't always agree with his tactics, but I'll never question his effort

14. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pateen View Post
    And players leaving.
    I'd be worried as a Galway fan
    There was always going to be the possibility of players leaving, it happens at every club that only sign players year to year. Vinny Faherty was the only contracted player for 2017 even when Tommy was here. Bound to be interest in the likes of Ryan Connolly, Colm Horgan, Stephen Folan, Kevin Devaney etc. regardless of who's manager.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Why would Wallace consult anyone prior to releasing his statement,he is the chairman,thats what chairmen should do especially in this case...show a bit of leadership...good response imo.

17. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by da bishop View Post
    Why would Wallace consult anyone prior to releasing his statement,he is the chairman,thats what chairmen should do especially in this case...show a bit of leadership...good response imo.
    He's mellowing (not a chance). He consulted with a couple of close people on the committee and that statement is the result

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    Soon to be ex TD when he is made bankrupt.

20. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    457 Posts
    Wrong, sbgawa. That rule is gone. Sure you wouldn't know who might be forced to leave if it was still there.

22. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    Thought it was still there. It should be.

24. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    Your all looking at this upside down. Shane took over the Youths when we were a basket case (1 home win all season in the last game). Without any money, he transformed us in to a team that won the 1st division winning 20/28 games playing the best football in the division. The very fact that virtually the same squad, training 2 evenings a week, were able to compete at all is down to the work Shane put in. He studied every team, every opponent and set us up to see if we could handle the opposition. Players left because they only got petrol money from us and they were offered a wage and a chance to travel. With proper resources, Shane Keegan will be driven to succeed. I don't always agree with his tactics, but I'll never question his effort
    I'm inclined to agree if the budgets for each team were known Inc wages and expenses a points per euro analysis would make interesting reading

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    900 Posts
    Terrible example of a press release - rambling all over the place. A release should read exactly like a news story and be just as dispassionate: this is personal and caught up in the moment. I could hear the Asti Spumanti bubbles popping while I read it!

Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    Soon to be ex TD when he is made bankrupt.
    The rules changed in 2014. No matter what happens, he'll hold his seat till the next election.
    Hello, hello? What's going on? What's all this shouting, we'll have no trouble here!
    - E Tattsyrup.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    457 Posts
    Barolo(x).

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast