Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 38 of 117 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer Rumours 201X Season

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    360 Posts
    Why would any team in England pay even a fraction of that now when they know they can get him for 'free' in October? He's under 23 so they would only have to pay the usual compensation amount.
    Last edited by oriel; 21/06/2017 at 11:30 PM.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post
    Why would any team in England pay even a fraction of that now when they know they can get him for 'free' in October? He's under 23 so they would only have to pay the usual compensation amount.
    Well I don't see 200k being out of the equation. If the 60k per year thing is accurate it's pretty much just an extra 80k to make sure he doesn't sign a new contract and nobody else comes in for him and for a Premier league club anything under a million is pocket money so I'd say they'd be more than happy to pay a bit more

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    By all accounts he's on a one-year deal. He's been here for two years, so if he leaves in the winter it's €120-150k. It's not really worth Rovers' while selling him four months early for that kind of money, but I imagine if they doubled it it'd be tempting. I'd love for us just to keep him as our on-field performance is worth the difference in cash, especially if he was the difference between winning a game in Europe or finishing in the top three.
    Dont forget there is a loan to be repaid 200K would be a good amount to get for a player considering the way players leave and full solidarity payments are squirmed out of. Clarke is a good player and a great prospect but without him Rovers should still get through a round in Europe, I may rue saying this but 2nd and 3rd will be beyond Rovers even with him; the cup is a better chance of Europe or one of the sides above win the cup and finish 4th. Either way 150k is well worth taking for the sake of 4 months. 2 maybe even 3 good players could be signed with a fee around that and while may not be the quality of Clarke would do a job.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    There is no "Rovers should get through a round in Europe" with or without Clarke. We lost to Rops last year and Stjarnan are a better side. Whether Clarke leaves now or in November, the compensation will be a decent chunk of the loan ahead of schedule.

For the record, Rovers will get 120-150 if he goes in the winter, depending on how it's calculated. It's whatever a team would hypothetically offer to bring that forward four months that is the issue.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Couple of links some might be interested to get a rough guidline of what a club would get for training compensation (2nd link). Solidarity payments are different as it involves a transfer fee rather than U23 and end of contract situation that our clubs seem to face most often. Our league is Category 2, 3 and 4 2016 (1st link). I dont think this was posted before anyways?!

http://resources.fifa.com/mm/documen...ty_neutral.pdf

I whacked in a few different sets of details and former clubs and years etc. A Trevor Clarke like Training compensation, for example, as per the details on the Rovers website using this calculator was €95k for 2 years at Rovers and 1 at a schoolboy club prior to a move to Middlesborough in 2011. So 65k for 2 years at Rovers and 30k for Schoolboys club. It didnt include time at Middlesborough, not totally sure why but I had the signing to another Championship club so maybe it is to do with that. Im not trying to suggest that figures mentioned above are wrong or anything like that as while the calculator seems legit i may have details wrong and it is probably more a guide. Bit of fun if people want to see what they'd have cost to be trained and dreanmt about get signed for a top English club or something.

http://trainingcompensationcalculato...aign=upper_cta

Guide on how things are worked out.
    http://blog.fieldoo.com/2014/05/the-...otball-part-1/
    http://blog.fieldoo.com/2014/06/the-...otball-part-2/
    Last edited by Nesta99; 22/06/2017 at 5:02 AM.

6. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    There is no "Rovers should get through a round in Europe" with or without Clarke. We lost to Rops last year and Stjarnan are a better side. Whether Clarke leaves now or in November, the compensation will be a decent chunk of the loan ahead of schedule.

For the record, Rovers will get 120-150 if he goes in the winter, depending on how it's calculated. It's whatever a team would hypothetically offer to bring that forward four months that is the issue.
    Its a back handed compliment in thinking that Rovers should get through their first round tie. I would think that Bradley and the team are thinking that they should progress and not arrogantly either. Last season was very different for Rovers as they were struggling at that point under Fenlon and confidence was at a low ebb. Fenlon wasnt that great as a manager imo certainly relative to the quality of teams and the resources that were available to him at the time. Yes there was the KR, Split, Deportivo fantastic run but there was also losing to Hibs Malta and the 9-0 hammering by Malmo when at Hibs and after Drogheda had run them close.

Apologies that the above is off topic i forgot which thread i was in.
    Last edited by Nesta99; 22/06/2017 at 5:20 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    Realistically a million seems mad but if a few teams are looking at him the 3 or 400 is posSible. When you look at past transfers that would represent good business.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    Big question is, how long is he under contract. If its until 2019 then 400-500k compensation is not beyond the bounds of possibility. If its Nov 17 then 120k tops I reckon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    360 Posts
    The problem is, English clubs just don't pay that type of money to Irish clubs and probably never will. It was rumoured Dundalk turned down a 6 figure offer for Towell in the summer of the 2015 double winning season, probably valuing him far more important to stick around to secure the league and get through 2 rounds in Europe. Brighton then only had to wait for his contract to run down, he was over 23 so he didn't cost them a cent in Nov.

Also, any young Irish player who thinks he has a decent chance of a move will generally only sign a one year deal to make themselves more attractive for a move.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post
    The problem is, English clubs just don't pay that type of money to Irish clubs and probably never will. It was rumoured Dundalk turned down a 6 figure offer for Towell in the summer of the 2015 double winning season, probably valuing him far more important to stick around to secure the league and get through 2 rounds in Europe. Brighton then only had to wait for his contract to run down, he was over 23 so he didn't cost them a cent in Nov.

Also, any young Irish player who thinks he has a decent chance of a move will generally only sign a one year deal to make themselves more attractive for a move.
    He's under contract with us until Nov 2019- so if he's going soon we'll get a decent fee.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Would Rovers block a move if he wanted to leave to a decent club in England and they played a take it or leave it card?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    As has been said here;

It wasn’t publicly announced - and still hasn’t been - but we understand the club’s hottest prospect is tied to Rovers until the end of the 2019 season.
    http://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/socc...fetch-10664663

Shed End.. **** off with your joe delaney stand
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    Ryan Delaney staying with us until the end of the season. Glad that was sorted out.

15. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    360 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Calcio Jack View Post
    He's under contract with us until Nov 2019- so if he's going soon we'll get a decent fee.
    Well this obviously changes things then. However the English club can still offer a modest fee in the expectation that the player will be wanting to move regardless of the fee. There always seems to be a price to buy from an Irish club v a lower league club in England.

I'd agree though that Rovers should get a decent fee if he goes.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToberonaTornado View Post
    Yeah I could have sworn he signed a new contract at the start of the year, would have been mad to just be a year deal.
    To be honest rovers don't really need the money, having the club not owned by members isn't ideal but it's not too bad when the other party is also a fan and an experienced business man. Once we qualify for Europe again I'd think we're in a position where we can hold out for a reasonable fee and add ons. A million seems a bit much but with him under contract 500k+ doesn't seem too mad, that's nothing for Premier league clubs.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
    Once again Neil O'Riordan shows why he's easily the worst LOI journalist out there. A phone call to the club to check his "facts" before running the story should be the least he could do.

19. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RathfarnhamHoop View Post
    Yeah I could have sworn he signed a new contract at the start of the year, would have been mad to just be a year deal.
    To be honest rovers don't really need the money, having the club not owned by members isn't ideal but it's not too bad when the other party is also a fan and an experienced business man. Once we qualify for Europe again I'd think we're in a position where we can hold out for a reasonable fee and add ons. A million seems a bit much but with him under contract 500k+ doesn't seem too mad, that's nothing for Premier league clubs.
    The club is majority owned by members through the 400 club (to be fair you could say 100% as Ray Wilson is a lifelong fan and member (his Dad was on the board and family have been involved with Rovers for decades).
    We don't NEED the money but as Trevor will likely go at some point then makes sense to get as much as possible.
    This is all just speculation and one media report quoting another, all will be revealed soon I guess......I hope we get to keep him until the end of the season in any deal that's done if there is one

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RathfarnhamHoop View Post
    To be honest rovers don't really need the money,
    About a club where successive managers have whinged about their budget (did Croly say Rovers had the 4th highest or 4th lowest in the league?) and the resultant spending limitations, that comment gave me a good chuckle.

Of course every club should try to maximise transfer revenue, but there is not a club in country who "don't need the money"

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Croly said Rovers had the fourth highest. Think it was Caulfield who said his team had a budget 1/4 of the size of the rest of the top four.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    Shock horror manager complains he could spend more money. Gave me a good chuckle that.

Page 38 of 117 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888 ... LastLast