Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: International Football and World Club Football forums

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    487 Posts
    Never heard of him. He must have been before my time.

I like Pinapple Stus suggested structure. My first instinct was to vote for Ireland over ROI. Given the number of us nordies in the side I see us a de facto all island side these days.

Then i had a radical thought...

When i thought a bit more on it i wondered if there might be something in having a NI forum. There are a few NI fans using the site already, and there aren't a lot of alternatives out there for sensible NI football fans beyond the toxic den of vipers that is OWC. It might be way to expand the offering but it would pretty much force us down the road of calling our forum ROI .

I am aware that this idea might be crazy.
    Last edited by backstothewall; 22/10/2016 at 10:05 PM.
    Bring Back Belfast Celtic F.C.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    This should maybe be moved to the "Other Countries" forum?

Anyways, the US in trouble after two games in the Hex - a 4-0 away defeat to Costa Rica last night leaves them bottom of the group with no points.

They can stew on that for the next four months; next up is Honduras at home and then Panama away; Mexico drew 0-0 in Panama last night, so that's not an easy game at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by geysir View Post
    The Other Countries forum is a strange idea and the name change from World Football to World league football is a poor concept.

Most all discussion we have had about other countries, fitted easily inside the old World Football forum threads dedicated to Euro qual/WC qual/ Euro finals and WC finals.

The World leagues forum is now supposed to hold most all the discussion that fell under the old World Football forum.

World Football was a forum for general discussion about many issues which have little to do with what is understood by the term World League football . The WC,WCQ,Euros, Euro qual,CL and EL are not world leagues per se, they are world football competitions. Football Books/ Fifa discussion are also not a World league football issue they are a World Football issue.

The World Football forum functioned, it was easy to find, easy to navigate the threads and easily accommodated the current activity from members. Not only does the name change not fit but also adds confusion. Simply change the name back to World Football and so be it if you want to have a forum dedicated to just World league football, however, I'd say the current usage does not justify that action, would not make navigation any easier and most probably will not add more activity.
    Just a little update on what's being discussed elsewhere. I think we either need to go with the proposals fully or backtrack. It's kind of in limbo at the moment and isn't really fully functional as the initial suggestions had intended.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12