Thread: Dundalk V Cork City | Oriel Park | Tues 11 Oct | KO 7.05pm

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts

Dundalk V Cork City | Oriel Park | Tues 11 Oct | KO 7.05pm

KENNY CALLS ON SUPPORT TO INSPIRE AGAIN

Dundalk manager Stephen Kenny has praised the supporters of Dundalk FC ahead of the clash with Cork City on Tuesday night. Speaking to dundalkfc.com ahead of the encounter Kenny said the players appreciated the support they received after the defeat on Saturday evening and it was a first for him in his management career.

“The Dundalk supporters showed their true colours the other night cheering the team off after the 3-0 defeat to Sligo Rovers. I think that’s the first time it has ever happened to me during my career – being applauded off after a 3-0 defeat!
    “All the players appreciated that and seen the true value of real support. The supporters can inspire the team to victory. The fans can bring us to a famous victory tomorrow night”

The boss feels that Cork City are coming to Dundalk with expectation however he feels that his group of players have capability of digging deep again to get the result they need like they have done in the past three seasons.

“Cork City are playing well and they come to Oriel Park in expectation but this group of players, every question that has been asked of them they have answered. They have shown immense character on a consistent basis and we will need to show that again tomorrow night.

“There has been many a question asked of them and they have had to dig deep – no more so than this season with the league FAI Cup and Europa League and the demands that it brings. Psychologically, mentally and physically to keep the domestic run going.

The Dublin native admitted that they are fantastic occasions to be a part of and wants the supporters to inspire the Lilywhites to what would be a ‘famous victory’ at Oriel Park on Tuesday night.

“These are great occasions to be a part of. They are great matches for everyone. Our supporters can inspire us here at Oriel Park. They have inspired us so many times before.

“Our supporters can inspire us. We want them to get there early and lift Oriel Park and lift the players to a famous win to inspire them to a famous victory!”
    http://www.dundalkfc.com/kenny-calls-support-inspire/

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,522 Posts
    Dundalk manager Stephen Kenny has praised the supporters of Dundalk FC ahead of the clash with Cork City on Tuesday night. Speaking to dundalkfc.com ahead of the encounter Kenny said the players appreciated the support they received after the defeat on Saturday evening and it was a first for him in his management career.

“The Dundalk supporters showed their true colours the other night cheering the team off after the 3-0 defeat to Sligo Rovers. I think that’s the first time it has ever happened to me during my career – being applauded off after a 3-0 defeat!
    “All the players appreciated that and seen the true value of real support. The supporters can inspire the team to victory. The fans can bring us to a famous victory tomorrow night”

The boss feels that Cork City are coming to Dundalk with expectation however he feels that his group of players have capability of digging deep again to get the result they need like they have done in the past three seasons.

“Cork City are playing well and they come to Oriel Park in expectation but this group of players, every question that has been asked of them they have answered. They have shown immense character on a consistent basis and we will need to show that again tomorrow night.

“There has been many a question asked of them and they have had to dig deep – no more so than this season with the league FAI Cup and Europa League and the demands that it brings. Psychologically, mentally and physically to keep the domestic run going.

The Dublin native admitted that they are fantastic occasions to be a part of and wants the supporters to inspire the Lilywhites to what would be a ‘famous victory’ at Oriel Park on Tuesday night.

“These are great occasions to be a part of. They are great matches for everyone. Our supporters can inspire us here at Oriel Park. They have inspired us so many times before.

“Our supporters can inspire us. We want them to get there early and lift Oriel Park and lift the players to a famous win to inspire them to a famous victory!”
    With all the money Dundalk are making these days you would think someone would buy that man a thesaurus.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

3. Thanks From:

Shed End.. **** off with your joe delaney stand
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    Really looking forward to watching this game. Unfortunately can't make it there myself.. I expect dundalk to improve from that surprise result the other night. The way we are scoring for fun lately, I don't invisage us sitting back. Let's hope it will as good as we all think it will be, and of course 3 points for us

5. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    408 Posts
    This is a huge game - really looking forward to it.

Hopefully it'll draw a big crowd, both to Oriel and on TV.

Have RTE been doing much to promote it ? Any trailer doing the rounds ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EatYerGreens View Post
    This is a huge game - really looking forward to it.

Hopefully it'll draw a big crowd, both to Oriel and on TV.

Have RTE been doing much to promote it ? Any trailer doing the rounds ?
    There has been a bit of a trailer alright. In fairness, they were pushing it a bit during the international coverage.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    Dying for this! Hon the Town!
    DID YOU NOTICE A SIGN OUTSIDE MY HOUSE...?

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    RTE seem to have started a victory parade for Cork already

Momentum with Cork ahead of title showdown
    http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2016/...rds-the-title/

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,522 Posts
    I don't often listen to the radio but was doing the school run this morning and there was certainly a buzz about this game on Newstalk. Surprisingly they also talked about how big a game Harps-Pats is which I really wasn't expecting!
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts
    Aye I heard the same review. Newstalk could of offered a bit more of a balance. All Joe gamble would say is that Cork will win.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    103 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    KENNY CALLS ON SUPPORT TO INSPIRE AGAIN
    “The Dundalk supporters showed their true colours the other night cheering the team off after the 3-0 defeat to Sligo Rovers. I think that’s the first time it has ever happened to me during my career – being applauded off after a 3-0 defeat!"
    I think they deserve extra credit for making it up from Market's Field, they must have missed out on the trophy presentation to make it up on time.
    A man can have no greater love than give 90 minutes for his friends.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts

I don't think there's anything wrong with that article. Form and momentum are on our side and we have gotten the best of Dundalk this season. That means nothing if we lose tonight of course.
    If either team wins I think that's the title. A draw leaves it in Dundalk's favour though I think their run in is more difficult and playing four games in nine days will be a tough way to end the season.

I'm on the way up already. Few pints in Dublin before getting the train to Dundalk later this evening. Buzzing for this game!

14. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by El-Pietro View Post
    I don't think there's anything wrong with that article. Form and momentum are on our side and we have gotten the best of Dundalk this season. That means nothing if we lose tonight of course.
    If either team wins I think that's the title. A draw leaves it in Dundalk's favour though I think their run in is more difficult and playing four games in nine days will be a tough way to end the season.

I'm on the way up already. Few pints in Dublin before getting the train to Dundalk later this evening. Buzzing for this game!
    You weren't taking JCs advice of staying at home and watching it on TV then! Thought that was a strange comment to make in his RedFm interview.
    My hope is that they water the hell out of the pitch, thought it was dry and worked against us in the Derry semi and even against Sligo it wasn't as slick as it should have been. Doing a rain dance here at the minute.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    Stand Sold out ahead of the game tonight.

Should be a massive crowd, despite the 7pm kick off and RTE showing it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Duffman View Post
    You weren't taking JCs advice of staying at home and watching it on TV then! Thought that was a strange comment to make in his RedFm interview.
    My hope is that they water the hell out of the pitch, thought it was dry and worked against us in the Derry semi and even against Sligo it wasn't as slick as it should have been. Doing a rain dance here at the minute.
    I'd never miss a game of this magnitude. I don't pay too much attention to what I says to the media, what his team does on the pitch tells me all I need to know.
    Odd statement if he did say that though.
    Clouds are dark in Tipperary right now anyway

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffman View Post
    Strange it is and is a contender for oddest comment made by a manager this season and thats some feat with Kenny Shieils on the go at least once a week! Did he give a rationale? Surely he would plenty of Cork support during the biggest league game so far this season!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    342 Posts
    If Cork win tonight they'll win the league I feel,they've ourselves and Wexford at home which you'd imagine they'll win comfortably,and they've Pats and Bray who are basically on wind down till the end of the season ,a draw wouldn't be the worst result either but should be an intriguing encounter !!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts
    Looking forward to this tonight. I fancy Cork to win tonight and go on and win the league.

I thought Dundalk were very tired looking against us last Tuesday in the replay and got lucky.

Momentum is with Cork I feel.

Should be a cracker though.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    Less than 200 tickets left in Oriel according to the lady in the office. Expected to be sold out by 2/3 o clock.

Great to see

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    504 Posts
    Reckon Dundalk might edge it. They've had the advantage in all of the 'must win' games in the past, and have done exceptionally well in the big matches in Europe, Caulfield has bottled it a lot in the past, although this season certainly less so, Cork lead the H2H this season as well, the addition of a proper goalscorer in Maguire has made a big difference too. I reckon a draw or Cork win, and the title is going south, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Dundalk manage to win it, I still reckon they have the edge in the dugout and mentally.

Although I'm a neutral, there's always going to be a bit of an auld grá for Vinnie Perth and King Kenny, but I also have a few good City friends, for the good of the league I reckon a Cork win is better, to keep things competitive and stop Dundalk running away from the pack, but equally, it'd be nice to see Dundalk seeded in the CL next season and keep things rolling. I think if I was a fan of either side, I'd die even before ko with the anxiety of it all.
    Last edited by Acornvilla; 11/10/2016 at 12:24 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    Kind of getting used to these deciders over the past couple of seasons. I feel much more relaxed about this year's one then in the past though. Partly because it's not quite the end yet but also I think we're a better side with much less to prove. I'll probably b in knots closer to kick off

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast