Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 67

Thread: LoI live on tv

  1. #41
    Youth Team
    Joined
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    164
    Thanks
    58
    Thanked 48 Times in 33 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Northsider View Post
    LIVE TV FIXTURES
    Friday, February 24: Dundalk v Shamrock Rovers, Oriel Park, KO 20:00, eir Sport
    Friday, March 3: Shamrock Rovers v Bohemians, Tallaght Stadium, KO 19:30, RTE2
    Friday, March 10: Drogheda United v Cork City, United Park, KO 20:00, eir Sport
    Saturday, March 25: Cork City v Dundalk, Turner's Cross, KO 15:00, RTE2
    Friday, March 31: Dundalk v Drogheda United, Oriel Park, KO 19:30, RTE2
    Friday, April 7: Cork City v Derry City, Turner's Cross, KO 19:30, RTE2
    Great to see a game on live almost every week - and most on terrestrial TV.

    Pretty staggering also to see that most of the games will be broadcast from locations outside of Dublin. Though the inclusion of a potentially uninspiring Drogheda v Cork fixture shows that old habits die hard when it comes to venturing beyond The Pale

  2. #42
    Youth Team kksaints's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    121
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 19 Times in 8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Northsider View Post
    LIVE TV FIXTURES
    Friday, February 24: Dundalk v Shamrock Rovers, Oriel Park, KO 20:00, eir Sport
    Friday, March 3: Shamrock Rovers v Bohemians, Tallaght Stadium, KO 19:30, RTE2
    Friday, March 10: Drogheda United v Cork City, United Park, KO 20:00, eir Sport
    Saturday, March 25: Cork City v Dundalk, Turner's Cross, KO 15:00, RTE2
    Friday, March 31: Dundalk v Drogheda United, Oriel Park, KO 19:30, RTE2
    Friday, April 7: Cork City v Derry City, Turner's Cross, KO 19:30, RTE2
    Some big matches listed there although the Drogheda vs Cork match stands out like a sore thumb.

  3. #43
    Reserves
    Joined
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Meath man in Dublin
    Posts
    339
    Thanks
    99
    Thanked 72 Times in 47 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr A View Post
    28 games in all to be shown this year.
    So Eir are only committing to 11 signals throughout the season to compliment the 17 already guaranteed by RTE?

  4. #44
    Not Entirely Sure nigel-harps1954's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2009
    Location
    On a dodgy bus
    Posts
    9,040
    Thanks
    2,952
    Thanked 2,423 Times in 1,426 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
    So Eir are only committing to 11 signals throughout the season to compliment the 17 already guaranteed by RTE?
    There's always one.

    I think it's brilliant that a) there's 28 games being shown, looks like 24 league games and four cup games, almost a game a week and b) there's already 6 of that announced in advance.

  5. #45
    Reserves
    Joined
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Meath man in Dublin
    Posts
    339
    Thanks
    99
    Thanked 72 Times in 47 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    There's always one.

    I think it's brilliant that a) there's 28 games being shown, looks like 24 league games and four cup games, almost a game a week and b) there's already 6 of that announced in advance.
    I agree with you, it is brilliant, I'm not putting it down, but i'm genuinely asking do Eir have a contract agreed to show a minimum of 11 signals? I hadn't previously heard any details about how many matches they were going to show...

  6. #46
    Seasoned Pro outspoken's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Longford, Ireland
    Posts
    4,424
    Thanks
    1,691
    Thanked 728 Times in 633 Posts
    I'm sure Eir will pick up more games during the year, particularly European ones.

  7. #47
    Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    16,736
    Thanks
    3,375
    Thanked 4,660 Times in 2,932 Posts
    I assume Eir will pick up more than 11 once RTE fall short of their projected number.

  8. #48
    Reserves
    Joined
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Meath man in Dublin
    Posts
    339
    Thanks
    99
    Thanked 72 Times in 47 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    I assume Eir will pick up more than 11 once RTE fall short of their projected number.
    I'm fairly sure they've met the agreed 17 signals in each of the last few seasons.

  9. #49
    First Team WeAreRovers's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2002
    Posts
    1,801
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 21 Times in 8 Posts
    No idea what a 'signal' means but RTÉ2 will have 18 live games this season (including FAI Cup semis and final) and eir Sport will have 10 (including the EA Cup Final). There will be 36 episodes of Soccer Republic too.
    No One Likes Us, We Don't Care

  10. #50
    Reserves Yossarian's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    611
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 141 Times in 77 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WeAreRovers View Post
    No idea what a 'signal' means
    That had me confused aswell.

  11. #51
    Youth Team
    Joined
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    164
    Thanks
    58
    Thanked 48 Times in 33 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WeAreRovers View Post
    No idea what a 'signal' means
    People showing off trying to be all technical ?

  12. #52
    First Team legendz's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Kerry
    Posts
    2,466
    Thanks
    238
    Thanked 196 Times in 157 Posts
    Is there long left in Airtricity's sponsorship of the league? Eir Sport could be a decent title sponsor with a keen interest in promoting the league.
    A Championship: 4 years - 8 first teams - 0 financially ruined. First Division '14: 7 first teams.
    Opportunity seems lost somewhere in between for new clubs/regions to become part of LoI family.

  13. #53
    Reserves
    Joined
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Meath man in Dublin
    Posts
    339
    Thanks
    99
    Thanked 72 Times in 47 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EatYerGreens View Post
    People showing off trying to be all technical ?
    Precisely .

    It's the word Ryle Nugent always used when he was interviewed last year so i'm guessing it's the industry term -


    I'll use something less aloof from now on. How about "telecast"?

  14. #54
    First Team WeAreRovers's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2002
    Posts
    1,801
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 21 Times in 8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
    Precisely .

    It's the word Ryle Nugent always used when he was interviewed last year so i'm guessing it's the industry term -


    I'll use something less aloof from now on. How about "telecast"?
    Bizarre, that must be a typo or somebody transcribing incorrectly. Never heard Ryle or indeed anyone working in sports broadcasting using that term and I work with them every day.
    No One Likes Us, We Don't Care

  15. #55
    Youth Team Larry 'da' Wyse's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2004
    Location
    Away .... in a manger
    Posts
    191
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by legendz View Post
    Is there long left in Airtricity's sponsorship of the league? Eir Sport could be a decent title sponsor with a keen interest in promoting the league.
    The more things change the more they remain the same ;-)
    "oh my, that was some beer we had last night, I think I feel like getting sick" Effin Eddie

  16. #56
    Not Entirely Sure nigel-harps1954's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2009
    Location
    On a dodgy bus
    Posts
    9,040
    Thanks
    2,952
    Thanked 2,423 Times in 1,426 Posts
    Eir Sport supposedly due an announcement today on their next batch of live fixtures.

  17. Thanks From:


  18. #57
    Youth Team MattB11's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Donegal
    Posts
    137
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 33 Times in 15 Posts
    Cork, Limerick and Dundalk, Harps next games on Eir

  19. #58
    Seasoned Pro Ezeikial's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,877
    Thanks
    105
    Thanked 773 Times in 445 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MattB11 View Post
    Cork, Limerick and Dundalk, Harps next games on Eir
    Fixtures or Dates?

  20. #59
    First Team El-Pietro's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Cork
    Posts
    2,479
    Thanks
    870
    Thanked 380 Times in 260 Posts
    June 16th and 23rd

  21. #60
    International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Killashee Longford
    Posts
    7,213
    Thanks
    3,321
    Thanked 488 Times in 405 Posts
    are RTE showing any live games again before Eirs?
    Alan Mathews red and black army the new beginning

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Live TV
    By chimpster in forum Cobh Ramblers
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 05/07/2008, 4:54 PM
  2. Derry match to be broadcast live by BBC Radio 5 Live
    By Réiteoir in forum Premier & First Divisions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07/08/2006, 2:36 PM
  3. Our First Live
    By KK77 in forum Bray Wanderers
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 24/08/2005, 4:46 PM
  4. Live Eight
    By A face in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 14/06/2005, 4:44 PM
  5. Kerr live on BBCradio 5 live now.
    By tricky_colour in forum Ireland
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03/06/2005, 7:23 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •