Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Fixtures

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Fixtures

Anybody got any idea when the fixtures are out? It'd be good to get an idea of when best to plan trips home etc...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Until the debacle over the licence issue is sorted out, there can be no fixture list. No one knows what teams make up the two divisions yet. The "rules" state you cant play in the premier division without the proper "B" licence, likewise you need a "C" to play in the 1st division.
    To date no club in the entire EL has any type of licence.
    I have scattered my dreams underneath your feet, tread carefully, cos it's my dreams you walk on.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

fixtures

The fixtures are due out on the same day as the Eircom League AGM which is currently pencilled in for Sat 19 Feb - this is subject to the licensing issue being sorted
    former (!) webmaster for sligorovers.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    The usual shambles then.
    Keep on keepin' on.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by red til dead
    i'm pretty sure evrything will be sorted out by feb 19th and everyone not gettin their licences is an attempt to get some government funding by the league
    Can't agree with you there old boy!!
    This licence issue is a very serious business and clubs just can't take it too lightly. The refusal of all clubs from gaining even a 'B' licence is testimony to all that there's nothing going to get by UEFA. In order for clubs to be allowed to play in european competition they must have the 'A' licence. In order for clubs to qualify for grants from the government (lotto) and the FAI they must first have qualified for either the 'A' or 'B' licence. Rovers will be sorted with th 'B' licence after the appeal hearing and it's hoped that we will then get the grant aid needed to finish the developments necessary to bring us up to 'A' licence standard. There's only a couple of issues holding us back from this and once the grants come in the work will be complete and by this time next year will will be qualified for the 'A' licence.

I know there's a whole lot of complaining done on this forum regarding the management committee but credit where due there has been a whole lot of work done to drag the club into the twenty-first centuary. There's no doubt that we stand to have the best ground in the country when the development work is complete. Not one person will be disappointed with the ground and we all will take the credit. The down side to all this development is that the playing side of things suffered. I firmly believe now we have turned the corner and the good times will be back. The ground is there, I think Sean Connor will have the team capable of doing the club proud, now it's up to the supporters to do their bit and get out there and support the team.

Let's be positive about our future.
    'Don't dream - to dream is to be disappointed'

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Petmuller
    In order for clubs to be allowed to play in european competition they must have the 'A' licence. In order for clubs to qualify for grants from the government (lotto) and the FAI they must first have qualified for either the 'A' or 'B' licence. Rovers will be sorted with th 'B' licence after the appeal hearing and it's hoped that we will then get the grant aid needed to finish the developments necessary to bring us up to 'A' licence standard. There's only a couple of issues holding us back from this and once the grants come in the work will be complete and by this time next year will will be qualified for the 'A' licence.
    I'm not 100% certain, but i think,this year there are 3 license's.
    A "A" for european competition.
    A "B" for premier division competition.
    A "C" for first division competition.
    Do you understand that we will get a premier division or first division license?
    I have scattered my dreams underneath your feet, tread carefully, cos it's my dreams you walk on.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Redzer
    I'm not 100% certain, but i think,this year there are 3 license's.
    A "A" for european competition.
    A "B" for premier division competition.
    A "C" for first division competition.
    Do you understand that we will get a premier division or first division license?
    Redzer there's no 'C' licence
    The'A' licence covers both premier and european football although it's at the discretion of the Eircom League to grant premier division football status to clubs that don't/won't meet the criteria necessary as set out by EUFA. The 'B' licence covers first division only.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Petmuller
    Redzer there's no 'C' licence
    The'A' licence covers both premier and european football although it's at the discretion of the Eircom League to grant premier division football status to clubs that don't/won't meet the criteria necessary as set out by EUFA. The 'B' licence covers first division only.
    I think Redzer is right Petmuller

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 1 9 2 8
    I got this from the official club licencing manual:

2.5 LICENCES

Licences will be issued in accordance with the provisions of the FAI Club Licensing Manual and the UEFA Club Licensing Manual. The following types of Licence will be awarded:

• UEFA Licence - grants admission to play in all UEFA Club Competitions and all Divisions of the FAI National League. The Licence Applicant must fulfil all ‘A’, ‘B’ and ‘C’ Criteria set out in the FAI Club Licensing Manual.

• League Licence- Premier Division - grants admission to play in the FAI National League Premier and First Division. The Licence Applicant must fulfil all ‘A’, ‘B’ and ‘C’ Criteria set out in the FAI Club Licensing Manual for Sporting, Personnel and Administrative, Legal and Financial. The Licence Applicant must also meet the requirements of the Infrastructure Club Development Plan.

• League Licence- First Division - grants admission to play in the FAI National League First Division only

So as you can see there are actually 3 different types of licences.
    I did read somewhere that Bob Breen, the guy in charge of the whole licencing system for the FAI, said that there would be no changes as regards the make-up of the Divisions of the league as a result of clubs failing to get their appropriate licence. He said, as is supposed to be the case in Scotland, that clubs who fail to get a licence will have financial sanctions imposed on them. Whether this is in the form of a fine or withholding of funding I'm not sure, but it seems certain that the league will be as it is at the moment.
    If teams were relegated/promoted according to licences, it could become a farce.
    Then the FAI are good at that!
    If you don't like John 3:7...
    There's always Limerick 37!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 1 9 2 8
    I stand corrected

I never claimed to know it all and am always happy to learn.