Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: LOI fixtures Friday 7th - Tuesday 11th October.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Town Legend View Post
    Not really as most fans accepted relegation after the Wexford defeat. That's when Tony did a runner. Left it far too late for Mathews to do anything, although he did match Tony with one win. In fairness to Mathews he has that squad a lot fitter than Cousins had. A poor squad put together by Cousins and a lack of action by our board sealed our fate.
    Agree. Mathews has done more with them in a couple of months than Cousins did all season. Played some good football going forward, Cowan and O'Sullivan were always a threat but individual defensive mistakes have killed us again though. Big Yann had a shocker I'd be surprised if he's picked again. We're gone but Mathews has shown enough to deserve the gig for next year.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

2. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    [QUOTE=Longfordian;1893409]Agree. Mathews has done more with them in a couple of months than Big Yann had a shocker I'd be surprised if he's picked again.

Big Yann was player of the month for September how they came up with that is mind boggling for me anyway, agree with you I wouldn't pick him again either, but then I'd have left him out after the Wexford game, not all his fault thought to be fair to him, no protection for the back 4 from midfield regardless of who plays

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts
    There's me happy with my lot with Ramblers winning after Limerick doing us a favour when I see the Dundalk result, first glance I thought it was 3-0 to Dundalk! Wow. Some occasion it will be Tuesday night. Whoever gets the points Tuesday wins the league imo.
    ''and I for one welcome our new insect overlords''

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Darklordsbane View Post
    Big Yann was player of the month for September how they came up with that is mind boggling for me anyway, agree with you I wouldn't pick him again either, but then I'd have left him out after the Wexford game, not all his fault thought to be fair to him, no protection for the back 4 from midfield regardless of who plays
    True enough, we don't have a defensively minded midfielder in the squad. Kevin O'Connor's legs have gone and Gannon can't tackle.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Comic Book Guy View Post
    There's me happy with my lot with Ramblers winning after Limerick doing us a favour when I see the Dundalk result, first glance I thought it was 3-0 to Dundalk! Wow. Some occasion it will be Tuesday night. Whoever gets the points Tuesday wins the league imo.
    The crazy thing about the way the first div is finishing is that the 2 teams that were almost guaranteed a playoff spot a few weeks ago are now unsure as they play each other. Ramblers must be odds on to get a playoff spot now with their game being against Athlone and a win will be enough. I can't help thinking that if ramblers go up it could be a season too soon.
    Last edited by Pablo Escobar; 08/10/2016 at 11:29 PM.
    [/B][I]P.Esc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    141 Posts
    I'm not a Corky and have absolutely no ties to the place, but would love to see City complete the double (as they will win the FAI Cup) by landing the league title; and Cobh to secure, and win, the promotion play-off

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    389 Posts
    Thought we rode our luck a bit in the first half but once we got the second we were comfortable enough. Worried when the red card (yet another one) happened but scoring a third pretty straight after was great.

We seem to play better against the better teams. 5 away wins in the league this season but 3 of them have been away to the top 3 in the league.

It's a pity there's only 3 days to try and hype up the next game there. Should be a rip roarer.

It's a great pitch......

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    217 Posts
    Great results for Cork. Didn't know the game was on EirSport.
    https://foot.ie/forums/117-Kerry-FC
    A Championship: 4 years - 8 first teams - 0 financially ruined. First Division '14: 7 first teams.
    Opportunity lost for new clubs/regions to join the LoI family.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    218 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Longfordian View Post
    True enough, we don't have a defensively minded midfielder in the squad. Kevin O'Connor's legs have gone and Gannon can't tackle.
    O'Connors legs are gone but there was games this season where he would be bent over gasping for air in the first half! This I did not see last night as Mathews has them far fitter than Cousins had. But as you said in an earlier post, I've also seen enough from his few games in charge that Mathews should be starting out next season as our manager. I do not fully blame Cousins for the predicament we are in as the board should take equal blame for not taking action weeks beforehand TC walked.

11. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by placid casual View Post
    2 poor teams in dalymount, but one was a bunch of kids who will learn.The other was journeymen LOI dross who will never see european football again.
    onwards and upwards!
    Thank you for making Friday nights result much more enjoyable 😀
    Run ragged by 'journeymen LOI dross' - Tallaght golden generation.
    Maybe when they grow up they will learn to count (especially number of subs &#128512
    Last edited by marinobohs; 09/10/2016 at 8:42 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodquayBoy View Post
    I'm not a Corky and have absolutely no ties to the place, but would love to see City complete the double (as they will win the FAI Cup) by landing the league title; and Cobh to secure, and win, the promotion play-off
    Looking at Dundalk fixture list it will be truely amazing if they win anything ! Ridiculous state of affairs but great chance for Cork (who have been much better this season IMHO especially away.
    Tuesday night should be some game

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marinobohs View Post
    Looking at Dundalk fixture list it will be truely amazing if they win anything ! Ridiculous state of affairs but great chance for Cork (who have been much better this season IMHO especially away.
    Tuesday night should be some game
    Anything other than a Dundalk win on Tuesday night would probably hand the title to Cork. Will JC revert to type and come looking for a point?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    653 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    Anything other than a Dundalk win on Tuesday night would probably hand the title to Cork. Will JC revert to type and come looking for a point?
    The way they are playing at the moment they would be crazy to come looking for a draw. Chance to get ahead rather than hope for other results

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    I was at a wedding so missed last nights game, was getting texts keeping me up to date, each one was harder to believe than the previous. What a run in this is going to be. Will mean nothing if we don't take advantage on Tuesday though.

On another topic, can we all agree that Rogers is nowhere near the best keeper in the league? McNulty kept his 19th clean sheet of the season last night.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    103 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by El-Pietro View Post
    I was at a wedding so missed last nights game, was getting texts keeping me up to date, each one was harder to believe than the previous. What a run in this is going to be. Will mean nothing if we don't take advantage on Tuesday though.

On another topic, can we all agree that Rogers is nowhere near the best keeper in the league? McNulty kept his 19th clean sheet of the season last night.
    For the day that's in it , to paraphrase "he's not even the best keeper in Dundalk"

18. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pablo Escobar View Post
    The crazy thing about the way the first div is finishing is that the 2 teams that were almost guaranteed a playoff spot a few weeks ago are now unsure as they play each other. Ramblers must be odds on to get a playoff spot now with their game being against Athlone and a win will be enough. I can't help thinking that if ramblers go up it could be a season too soon.
    I understand where you're coming from but you'd have to take the opportunity if it presented itself, promotions are hard won when they come along, the key for us though is that if and when it does happen that we learn from the last time we were up (2008), in other words we don't go mad spending what we don't have, otherwise we'd be back in the same old cycle taking several years to re-build on and off the pitch.
    ''and I for one welcome our new insect overlords''

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    217 Posts
    the key for us though is that if and when it does happen that we learn from the last time we were up (2008), in other words we don't go mad spending what we don't have, otherwise we'd be back in the same old cycle taking several years to re-build on and off the pitch.
    Were ye fortunate to have an intermediary league in which to get by when ye were rebuilding?
    https://foot.ie/forums/117-Kerry-FC
    A Championship: 4 years - 8 first teams - 0 financially ruined. First Division '14: 7 first teams.
    Opportunity lost for new clubs/regions to join the LoI family.

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    539 Posts
    [QUOTE=Darklordsbane;1893410]
    Quote Originally Posted by Longfordian View Post
    Agree. Mathews has done more with them in a couple of months than Big Yann had a shocker I'd be surprised if he's picked again.

thats where my issue lies with the supporters club on this. its a select committee that votes on it. why on earth did they change it? it worked well when the fans voted for it.mind you not too many fans go to away games anymore so they would have to vote on what they see at home games..
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,001 Posts
    Fair play to Drogheda for the guard of honour coming onto the pitch last night.

I know it's not that unusual, but I always like to see it happen.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    653 Posts
    I understand where you're coming from but you'd have to take the opportunity if it presented itself, promotions are hard won when they come along, the key for us though is that if and when it does happen that we learn from the last time we were up (2008), in other words we don't go mad spending what we don't have, otherwise we'd be back in the same old cycle taking several years to re-build on and off the pitch.
    I will be glad to see cobh back up if it happens another great away day ��

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast