Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 8 of 32 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: New Players for Next Year

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    If we are having to spend money wisely, I am ok without Greener. Spent quite a bit of time out last year and didn't have his best games in the big ones. We will have to find value outside the established league names I think. Maybe guys coming back from England and such.
    We would all love a push for Europe but I will be happy with mid table, especially if we are comfortably there all season with a decent home record. Current squad is not capable of that but hopefully only half constructed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    I draw the line at Shaun Kelly.

I'd sooner get rid of Russell than Shaun Kelly.

What is it with us that we always feel the need to unceremoniously push stalwarts out the door?

Even if this mythical better than Shaun Kelly full back exists in England (cos there's nothing available in this league) who's the back-up??

Paul O'Conor?? Tony Whitehead?? Sweet divine Jesus.

Just while I think of Tony Whitehead. Why were him and Garbhan signed?? You could probably pay the bulk of Shaun Kelly's wages out of whatever is being wasted there. And I know what would be better value.

I give Russell a LOT of slack because he has to put up with pat o sullivan.

But pushing the likes of Shaun Kelly out the door while signing massive heaps of useless crap like Ian Turner leads me to believe that maybe both him and pat could be in the wrong.
    Last edited by Lim till i die; 09/12/2016 at 11:42 PM.

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,000 Posts
    It's one thing to not sign players from elsewhere who might do a job for us.

It's another to not re-sign one of our own players, who is absolutely fine for the division. There are areas that we really need to look at, but right-back isn't one. We could spend time and money looking and just end up with somebody no better than Kelly.

International Prospect NeverFeltBetter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    585 Posts
    It's been a dreadful off-season so far. I didn't really believe the talk of buying a squad capable of getting into the top four - we've heard all that before - but, barring a influx of players from abroad, what we've got so far relative to the level of quality left to be signed in the LOI is real 12-8th territory. We seem to have a chronic problem getting good players in during the winter. Maybe it's the city, the chairman, the manager, or everything, but Limerick just never seems to be a valued destination before the season starts.

I guarantee Sean Russell will play at least one 2017 game with Limerick.
    Author of Never Felt Better (History, Film Reviews).

International Prospect sadloserkid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    Agreed that Shaun Kelly should have been signed and it seems an absolute no brainer not to make it a priority. Have no idea what Russell could be thinking with that one.

Quote Originally Posted by NeverFeltBetter View Post
    I guarantee Sean Russell will play at least one 2017 game with Limerick.
    Potentially at right back the way things are shaping up!
    Last edited by sadloserkid; 10/12/2016 at 9:26 AM.
    The ball is round and has many surprises.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Anyone that knows me on here knows I am no club yes man and yes people have valid points about some things with the club. But what I am hearing from people that I know are well clued in to what is going is that Russell has been given a very good budget and has been left 100% in charge of comings and goings this year so however good/bad we are rests on him this season. In fairness to him I know it doesn't mean much really but he has made some very good offers to some good players and some have just gotten offers we can't match and shouldn't try to match.

Shaun Kelly is away on holiday from what I am told and I hope that is the reason he hasn't been signed up yet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    This is getting depressing at this stage. I come on here everyday expecting to see a new signing confirmed and much like December 2014 I am left disappointed. Has anyone any bit of potential good news? Any bit of a rumour atall?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    At least they'll look well!!!! No sponsor thou? 2017 Home Jersey 300x300-500x500.jpg

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts
    All we want now is 5 or 6 quality players to fill it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Hopefully another signing or two this week from what I hear.

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluewhitearmy View Post
    Hopefully another signing or two this week from what I hear.
    I think it's badly needed to give the fans some bit of a boost before the Christmas.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jofspring View Post
    I think it's badly needed to give the fans some bit of a boost before the Christmas.
    Ya its a real pity that any buzz that was there from last season seems to be gone now due to lack of signings and people not being too impressed with those we did sign. I have to say I am surprised about the reaction to Turner signing I knew some of the lads that are there week in week out wouldn't be too happy with it cos I knew how they felt but I was sure some of the maybe less regular fans would be pleased given his run of performances during the good run we had. So far though on social media I have seen very very few people happy with it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Gavin Holohan signed for Galway today. Surely we could attract the likes of him or Morrissey or what's the problem atall.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    We didn't want either is story I heard about both heard we didn't want Holohan about a week after he was gone from Cork. I know they were in the premier last season and all but it really is getting worrying when Galway are so far ahead of us. Where is Shaun Kelly and Paudie and even John O'Flynn like nevermind new signings we aren't even signing our own.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Galway are still a few Gavin holohans short of not being terrible.

We should have absolutely signed him mind. Better than Paul O'Conor and on a different planet to whatever bit of token u19 rubbish is O'Conors backup.

I've no idea where Paudie is but he can stay there.

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,000 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lim till i die View Post
    I've no idea where Paudie is but he can stay there.
    I know we've talked about this before but I think you're a bit harsh on Paudie.

I'd share your concern to an extent, but I'd like to see him signed. I think he's still improving and would be a decent back-up if nothing else, familiar with the players and the system. Can't imagine he'd cost much either.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    This might be the first time in a long time I won't be getting a season ticket for Christmas, at the moment I don't want one, hopefully there's a huge improvement signing players in January then I might reconsider! I'm getting too old and I'm sick of hearing bull$hit from the club and atm this "we'll be challenging for Europe" seems like more bull. There's always some hope tho, like how did they convince Duggy to sign after the bull$hit 2 years ago!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluewhitearmy View Post
    We didn't want either is story I heard about both heard we didn't want Holohan about a week after he was gone from Cork. I know they were in the premier last season and all but it really is getting worrying when Galway are so far ahead of us. Where is Shaun Kelly and Paudie and even John O'Flynn like nevermind new signings we aren't even signing our own.
    I hope we didn't want them because if the likes of Morrrisey chose to travel up to that hell hole training on his own as a "full time" player above coming to Limerick then I would really be worried about our pulling power.
    It beggars the question though if we are not in for the likes of these two lads then who the hell are we in for????

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Paudie should definitely be signed up. I would have assumed coming through from under 19's and starting 90% of games last season that he would have been done ages ago.

He is still very raw and young but once he starts to fill out a bit and gain experience he can be as good if not better than most defenders in this league because let's be honest most defenders in the LOI are very average and prone to lots of mistakes.

On Holohan I can see why he wouldn't come here. He would probably based on the past two seasons been fighting it out with three other midfielders for a starting place where as at Galway he will be starting most games after the loss of Connolly.

If the club are saying they didn't want Morrissey I find that hard to believe. If ye didn't want him then why talk to the lad about signing.

Page 8 of 32 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast